Top tier programs vs mid level.

Wishuwereme

Reaction score
Hello and pass the popcorn.

Could I get a list of what you all consider "Top Tier" programs in Ohio? 7 - 10 team will suffice. The list should only include proven organizations that have a reputation of playing top competition and getting players the attention they need.

I'll start but would like to see what everyone else considers "Top Tier"

1. Lasers
2. Classics
3. Ice
4. Bandits
5. Stingrays
6. Doom
7. Wolfpack
8. Static
9. Nightmare
10. Express

Apparently my idea of top tier teams is completely different than this guys. This looks like a good ole boy 12u poll. Oh, how I miss those days.

TnTs_Dad

Reaction score
Ya know, back in the day....when my DD was 10U and heck, even 12U (10 to 12 years ago), I saw this type of pettiness. Then as our DDs got older, we really got to know girls and families from other organizations (Lasers, Wolfpack, Ohio Ice, Cincy Doom to name a few). And all of us parents realized that the end game isn't so much about the winning/losing but about how to get our DDs some money for college. Money that won't have to come out of our pockets.

And you know what, most of us parents "chilled-out", intermingled during the games and tournaments, checked-in with those families we haven't seen in a while, and we sat out along the outfield foul lines with those red Dixie cups :cool:. There was none of this bickering and chest thumping about which is better. It is about watching our DDs playing the game of softball and showing-off their skills. My DD never tried-out for a Laser team, we were happy being a Stingray family all those years (except 10U when we were a Classic's family). But that didn't stop me from getting to be friends with a lot of Laser, Wolfpack, Doom, Classics, Ohio Ice, Buckeye Heat, or the Bugtussle team (for those old-time OFC'ers) families and coaches, to name a few teams (I know I missed some teams).

Some of those girls went on to play college ball, at all levels, and some decided not to play ball. I even know of one girl that found a job as a Team Manager for a major D1 school ;)(I didn't even know those jobs existed until I was told about this). I now watch some Ohio girls that I know playing college ball. It is great just to sit back and watch them play a game that they love. These girls that I watch played for the Stingrays, Lasers, Doom, Wolfpack, and so-on.

(Insert Earl Pitts) "Wake up America!!!"

I wish I could give this about 10 thumbs up...

Coach Tony

Reaction score
Apparently I missed some of the discussion in this thread. In regards to the Outlaws, I can say that I have spoken to a number of Division I college coaches who have spoken very highly of Warren and the talent he has in the program. So by their criteria, they value the organization.

I also find the Ohio Storm organization to be an up and coming org that few ever mention but that has really done a nice job.

Rapidly improving organizations are good for ALL of the Ohio softball community because they keep pushing the traditional powerhouses to step up their game, improve their player development, etc.

Complacency is a slow killer. Our girls win in the when organizations are forced to get better.

rightfielder724

Reaction score
If you want to truly believe all the player got their offers/scholarships in part because of the outlaws you should do some research, several players on that list who got their exposure/scholarships while playing for other organizations, two of three of them from PA with a different organization. Outlaws just want to take credit for something they didn't play a role in at all.

Last edited: