12u Fire in the Sky 2016?

Reaction score
We are considering adding a 12u division to our Fire in the Sky tournament in 2016. We are looking to start gauging the interest for that now. Please let us know if this is something you would be interested in doing! The 12u championship game would possibly coincide with the 4th of July Parade. The winning team would lead the parade? On a Firetruck:cool:? We are full of ideas but want to hear if anyone has any thoughts as well!

wow

Reaction score
From the amount of interest at 14U, sounds like a great idea.. Anytime you can draw that amount of talent to one location its bound to be a success. One concern is the ASA/USA qualifiers for next year, with it being on the east coast not sure what other conflicts might be out there..

Great compliment to lasers and Stingrays turneys..

coachjwb

Reaction score
Joe ... one of my questions would be if you would count down on the number of 14U teams to keep the total # of teams the same? If so, would it be more of an application vs. first come, first serve process? Are there any other fields left in Orrville to play on, and then there's the hotel availability which I know is limited?

By the way, if you do this, Ricky and I would be glad to broadcast both championship games!

Georgia23

Reaction score
That would be a great idea , we live in Wayne county and I couldn't tell you how many young girls locally , say i cant wait til I'm old enough to play in this tournament. Now they would be old enough. I YES PLEASE DO 12u !!!

crystlemc

Reaction score
I say keep it 14u. It is like a rite of passage to play this tournament, and if you expand the ages, it's just another tournament.

WWolff

"Suck A Little Less Today"
Reaction score
Website
www.D1fastpitch.com
I say keep it 14u. It is like a rite of passage to play this tournament, and if you expand the ages, it's just another tournament.

My personal opinion is keep it 14U only the thing that made Orrville special is the whole event. The fair the fire works and all. The 16U/18U has not take off like the 14U and I think it is because of the reasons stated above. JMHO

Reaction score
Thank You all for your thoughts! These really help us. The thought would be that in no way would we want it to hinder the amount of teams we could host in the 14u. And it is a legitimate concern that adding more ages takes away from the glamour of the 2 year window to play in Orrville. Thank you again!

hot corner

Reaction score
The 14U tournament is something special and I would leave it alone. Instead why not add on to the 5 alarm tourny and add a 12U division and maybe 10U division?

cronk

Reaction score
Just a quick clarification. We would not be looking to run the 12u and 14u tournaments on the same weekend. The 4th of July weekend will remain a 14u tournament.