Celine Wyatt Memorial- USSSA

Reaction score
Website
WWW.OHIOBULLDAWGSELITE.COM
Schedules can be found at the official tournament page: www.leaguelineup.com/celinewyattmemorialtournament
  • "The voice of softball" Ricky Moorehead and Jeff Baker will be doing play by play of the 20 team 12U bracket championship. Sunday, May 15th, est time 5:40pm
  • Scores and results will be posted on this thread daily
  • We will be raffling off a Demarini CF8 and Demarini CF8 slapper. As well as a custom made Rawlings glove, a $320 retail value
  • We will be announcing the 2016 winner of the Celine Wyatt Memorial scholarship
  • Opening ceremonies: the TD Josh Bobo, USSSA director Mike Craig, Celine's father Tim Wyatt, US Marine Corp presentation of colors, and the National Anthem performed by the amazingly talented Emma Atkinson. This ceremony will take place Friday evening and Saturday morning.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
Door Prizes List: 3rd Annual Celine ?Bulldawg Wyatt Memorial Tournament
?Pitcher?s Nightmare? Crystl Bustos tee - pink​
Scentsy Basket​
Crystl Bustos ?Bat Jack? grip trainer (2)​
?Pitcher?s Nightmare? Crystl Bustos tee ? green​
Crystl Bustos swing trainer (2)​
Crystl Bustos hitting DVD​
Leah O?Brien Amico trading card - autographed​
Hawaiian TanFastic gift card and bronzer samples​
Autographed Jennie Finch softball​
Autographed Jennie Finch photos (10)​
Autographed Jennie Finch USA softball jersey​
Jennie Finch pitching DVD (2)​
Tee and autographed Leah O?Brien Amico photograph​
Akron Racers tickets​

Every player on a team roster entered into the drawing automatically. Prizes will be given away beginning Saturday.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
10U pool play
LC Lightning 05 15 Ohio Bulldawgs Elite 2
Road Runners '05 12 Lancaster Pride 10U
Road Runners '05 15 Ohio Starz 05 1
Ohio Storm 05 16 Loco Mamacitas 06 6
Ohio Starz '05 15 Lancaster Pride 1
Loco Mamacitas 8 Bulldawgs 1
Lady Bullets 12 Little Devils 0
Strasburg 0 Valley Force 0
Ohio Ice 6 Valley Force 0
Dirt Dawgs 12 Little Devils 4

12U Pool Play
Ohio Bulldawgs Elite 13 High Voltage 4
Ohio Starz '04 6 Road Runners 3
Ohio Glory/ USSSA Pride 04 9 High Voltage 0
Muskie Chix 9 Road Runners 6
Ohio Starz '04 6 Muskie Chix 3
Ohio Bulldawgs Elite 15 Ohio Glory/ USSSA Pride 0
Stampede 9 Passion 7
Swat 03 3 Wicked 03 2
Valley Force 8 Lancaster Pride 0
Strasburg 5 Central OH Lady Vipers 3

14u
Team Pennsylvania 7 Muskie Chix 0
Oh Glory 02 7 Bulldawgs 5
Dirt Dawgs 5 Muskie Chix 4
Valley Force 18 Bulldawgs 2
Oh Storm 02 10 OH Glory 02 2

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
The problem was fixed. Sorry for the mistake. We're working hard to make this a great event and I'm not sure how this happened but we will make extra checks to make sure that never happens again. Hopefully we can have a great finish Sunday! Good luck to all!

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
Live Championship Broadcasting of the 12 under game from Zanesville, Ohio @ the (Celine Wyatt Memorial Tournament - USSSA) should begin around 7 pm tonight.

Two ways to listen during the Live Broadcast.

Calling in by phone

1) Call 724-444-7444
2) Enter Call ID [35639] followed by the # sign
3) Press 1# to join as a guest

Listen on your PC or other type of devices. You will need to have a headset or speakers on your device to listen by PC/other device.

Follow this link ---- > http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web...d=35639&cmd=tc <------ Click on Listen now button

or

Click on this Link --- > http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web...Nav=1&cmd=live <--- Find the (The Softball Zone Radio Show) then click on the Join In button.

We hope you all get a chance to join the Live Broadcast tonight and support your favor Team.

frenchy101010

Reaction score
I'd just like to say thank you to all that made this tourney great. For our games (10u) fields were raked out where it needed, and lined before every game, and even dragged before championship game. The national anthem was sang tremendously Friday and Sunday that we witnessed. Also congrats to the RoadRunner player that hit an over the fence HR, nice shot!

My only complaint were some unruly parents cursing very loudly at our team, they even became confrontational, completely unacceptable at a 10u game or any age level!!!

Last edited:

VE_05

Reaction score
What was the results of this tournament? Are they posted somewhere?

coachjwb

Reaction score
I am sure Josh will post but Swat '03 defeated Starz '03 6-2 in the 12U Championship, Roadrunners '05 won 10U, and, if I remember right, Valley Force '02 won 14U.

27_

Reaction score
Wow! Now we know the fix is in. All negative comments about this tournament being run poorly and manipulated to benefits some teams have been deleted. At least leave the facts up on the page. The facts that all day Saturday there was a bracket. Then mysteriously on Saturday night the bracket was changed in an illogical manner.

BTW I did e-mail the tournament director to ask the question what happened. His response "I apologize. I got a little overwhelmed getting the fields ready and it didn't dawn on me to simply cross out the consolation bracket. It was an honest mistake with no other agenda."

So to recap, because the tournament director was so busy he took the time to drop up an entire new bracket with no logical explanation as to the seedings. In 10U (go ahead make fun of 10U I'll wait...can't wait to see this discussion get sidetracked because of the hatred for 10U on this board) the top 2 seeds teams who gave up 1 run total in pool play were seeded in the same 1/2 the bracket. The two teams playing in the final game of the night saw this and decided they both wanted to lose to get into the other side. They flipped a coin! They didn't play! The coin flip winner went to the other side of the bracket and the loser played the Roadrunners. If the original bracket was maintained the winner would have avoided the Roadrunners. Top it off with our coach called about the bracket change and was told by the tournament director that the good thing is this would give a lower seeded team a chance to play in the Championship!

I was warned by many prior to our trip to Zanesville about the shenanigans that happen down there. This year I got to witness for myself.

Last edited:

VE_05

Reaction score
Who was in the 10u semi finals and finals other then roadrunners

hinesy37

Reaction score
According to some of the posts it doesn't seem to matter because the Roadrunners as so good everyone is afraid to play them. I don't know why any team would enter another tournament that the Roadrunners are in because according to all the negative posters in this thread everyone else is playing for second place.

cobb_of_fury

Reaction score
...(go ahead make fun of 10U I'll wait...can't wait to see this discussion get sidetracked because of the hatred for 10U on this board) .

Side note: - NO ONE HATES 10U - We were all 10U - WE LOVE YOU 10U - Dont you ever feel like that...

giphy.gif

Last edited: