Top 4-6 or so 14u teams ?

manitoudan

Reaction score
Hopefully without starting a world war whats the opinion on the top 14u teams ? Not a poll or ranking but just a general top 5 or so .

coachjwb

Reaction score
Without having to go try to find results somewhere (yes, that's an editorial shot!), I assume Valley Extreme-Kelm and Lasers Green would be two of the top teams ...

With Fire in the Sky just a week away. we'll know more soon!

alborules

Reaction score
Website
www.thesoftballzone.com
Without having to go try to find results somewhere (yes, that's an editorial shot!), I assume Valley Extreme-Kelm and Lasers Green would be two of the top teams ...

With Fire in the Sky just a week away. we'll know more soon!

I'll throw in Ohio Emeralds '01 and Wizards Blackswamp (who just got their other catcher back from her Michigan HS state championship team) too. Wizards Blackswamp will be in Colorado for the next 2 weekends though.

coachjwb

Reaction score
Ahh that's right ... and I just saw Ohio Emeralds '01 the weekend before last ... yes, of the teams I've seen/know, I'd put them in there as well. Haven't seen Blackswamp or Hutchinson yet ...

cobb_of_fury

Reaction score
Saw a lot of great teams at Sheer Madness
V-E Kelm and Lasers Silver - both are very good teams - I saw Lasers Green play that looks like a nice team, Wolfpack has a few nice teams as well.
I had never seen Ohio Hawks play before they seemed Pretty good as well. Ohio Glory did well but I did not get to see them play.

So my List based on what I have personally seen in that one tournament and in some cases over the last few months.

V-E Kelm
Lasers Green
Ohio Glory - *
Lasers White - *
Lasers Silver
Wolfpack Chevalier
Wolfpack Dudak
Ohio Hawks

- *I did not see these teams play but based on what the did at madness

Last edited:

coachtomv

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
We are in that bracket and have not seen all teams in Ohio of course, but here are a few very good ones that we have seen or have been doing it for awhile, in no particular order:

Emeralds 01
Valley Extreme Kelm
Lasers Green
Lasers White
Outlaws Premier
Wolfpack Dudek
Wolfpack Chevalier

Don't know enough about some of the other teams out there.

SheThrowsHeat

Reaction score
My top 5 for what it is worth keeping in mind we have seen many teams on everyone else's list but not all.
1. Ohio Hawks Gold Hutchinson (02)
2. Lasers White (02)
3. Lasers Green (01)
4. Emeralds (01)
5. Valley Extreme Kelm
Hawks Gold have two tournament wins this spring. Dayton Metro and the PGF National Qualifier in Peoria. Emeralds have some great pitching and Lasers White is strong as always. Lasers Green seems to be struggling but still a great team full of amazing athletes. Valley Extreme is hard playing as well.

Reaction score
Having played against most of these teams, I can give a very fair assessment of them. There are a lot of good 14U teams this year!
We (Ohio Glory '01) have played against most of those teams listed. Here's my opinion,
1. Lasers Green
2. Valley Extreme
3. Cinci Static Elite Purple (I think...the old Hawks Robinson team)
4. Emeralds '01
Beyond that, you have a large group of teams who are all very, very good teams!!
In no particular order; Wizards Blackswamp, Ohio Glory '01, Outlaws Premier, Hawks Gold, Wolfpack Chevalier, Classics '02, Lasers White, Lasers Silver, Wolfpack Dudek, Outlaws '02, Ice Red.

GeneralsDad

Reaction score
Just my .02. Hawks Gold, Lasers Green, and Lasers White have set themselves apart on both the state and national level.

Reaction score
If you look on TournamentASA you can see a team's Power Rankings and also their ranking within the MVP system. The drawback of that is that you must play the ASA tourneys, so it is not including teams who play in showcases, or PGF or other sanctions.
Still gives you a ton of info about teams, who they have played, beat etc.

allcorners

Reaction score
Emeralds 01 winners bracket champions ASA States. Will play losers bracket champion tomorrow at 130pm.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Emeralds 01 winners bracket champions ASA States. Will play losers bracket champion tomorrow at 130pm.
I saw that last night as well. They had some really good wins along the way.
Their stock went up in my book.
I would move them to #2. then.

Caines03

Reaction score
Everyone always busts on the 10-12u polls. They are a ton of fun... But why don't have Olier pride do one for the 14's? Not like there is no interest?

But its all for fun right and don't really matter?

crystlemc

Reaction score
The original poster is a college coach, so I'm assuming he's asking so he has an idea of where to look for the next crop of players. No need for a poll.