OHSAA Softball Tournament and process

CarMad

Reaction score
You have shown by responding the level in which other people can get under your skin. You have shown that you MUST respond. Again you have made my point for me. Perhaps you should read the OHSAA rules for yourself. Instruction of any player in any way is coaching. You are as arrogant as anyone I have pointed out here. As for the games and people starting crap, I have heard both sides. And other Keystone players on other teams have also attempted to start crap with every team they play. So I am going to believe the multiple stories from multiple people against multiple Keystone players. I guess they are all cut from the same mold. None of you have had a single intelligent argument and believe everyone else to be ignorant of your little games. Like shoving bats into players. Mouthing off during games etc... I have seen the Sundogs, Lasers Blue, Outlaws and other teams with Keystone players. They are all the same. It's obvious who has shown them the way. Mr. Piazza.

I was just wondering who you are? It's pretty easy to call people out behind a mask. I heard there was some pretty filthy things coming out of your players mouths yet you feel it was all one sided. It really just doesn't add up. So tell us for credibility - who are you and what makes everyone else ignorant? My signature is below. Feel free to do the same,

Steelers002016

Reaction score
Well, all is confirmed regarding Piazza and his supporters up north. I heard a lot. Nothing like the recruiting he does locally (districts around him) and shamelessly replaces his home grown players with "move-ins". You don't have a program there. You have a political "hide the coaches warts" machine up there! You have no competition in your league and you shamelessly pray on the players of the opposite team. I could give a rats what you people comment. I have heard from those closest to your program and it wreaks of of an egotistical coach and has rubbed off on many players and their parents. He can do no wrong! I heard Keystone even has an ex-staff member moving to Purdue. interesting... Think you can really hide everything from us? It's not hard to get the info.

Steelers002016

Reaction score
I was just wondering who you are? It's pretty easy to call people out behind a mask. I heard there was some pretty filthy things coming out of your players mouths yet you feel it was all one sided. It really just doesn't add up. So tell us for credibility - who are you and what makes everyone else ignorant? My signature is below. Feel free to do the same,
See my other comments...
That shut you Akron folks up fast. Was it the school staffer having sexual relations with the Purdue Player that shut ya'all up?

What really pisses me off is the total and uncontrolled political bullshit kids have to fight through to play the games they love. Parochial and charter schools get way with murder, along with privileged public programs. This relates to every sport in the entire state. OHSAA has its head in their proverbial asses all the time. I could show you miles of tape or digital media in which specific officials (umpires, referees etc.) are appointed to specific schools for specific reasons. I have seen graduates of schools go back and umpire or referee contests in which they are an Alum. It is obvious WTF is going on. That's why the outlying schools get such a kick out of winning games, when the entire system is bias. And you people wonder why the states west and south dominate sports now. There are no morals or ethics in Ohio for the HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETE to follow by example.... It's about gaming everything possible and getting kids noticed that do not even deserve it. It's not about truth or honest competition anymore. You are setting them up for future failure. Mark my words. I have been following careers in HS sports for decades. I just prefer to keep my job. Of course many of us discuss the bias but cannot put it in print with our name! So I do this anonymously. I can list more facts about the relationship between the adult in Akron and the softball player. But I have a very strong feeling the entire City already knows the truth. And you just do not care. Because Keystone has a reputation to protect.... To hell with the students... I guess I can stop looking at this thread now..

coachjwb

Reaction score
I'm so confused.

As mentioned earlier, Keystone is not near Akron, and most people in Akron have probably never heard of and/or have never been through Lagrange. I'm sorry you had a bad experience at the state playoffs in Akron, but I'm especially sorry that everyone in northern Ohio is to blame for that because we're all corrupt and apparently either related to or somehow in bed with Piazza.

Like I said, I'm confused, so let me know if I got the gist of what you're saying and have apologized enough. I can't speak for OHSAA, since I'm not affiliated with it in any way. All I know is I have to go now to start planning my move out of northern Ohio and the Akron area ASAP.

Last edited:

wow

Reaction score
No need to resurrect this thread.... Move along nothing to see. My head hurts just trying to follow this nonsense.

Steelers002016

Reaction score
Why Wow? No need to address OHSAA issues? Or do we want to hide the sexual escapades of school or Hospital employees? Big hint there huh? OHSAA is still backwards in so many ways.

The great part is: OHSAA is implementing a point system that will help level the field with the parochial schools and "transfer or open enrollment" schools. This is perhaps the best thing to ever happen to Ohio High School sports. About 35 years too late, but at least someone has a "set" and has decided to address the issue. I commend OHSAA for that one attempt to level the playing field. Now take care of the way officials are scheduled by singular biased individuals in each area and move it to some rotation or grade based system. View some stinking tape of schools other than the 10 to 20 big programs that are parochial or have 100's of open enrollments. Look at them objectively and tell me what is happening... I have watched 1000's of High School games in all sports. If you shut down a team early enough as an official, and you can change the outcome and it's not obvious at all.

sftball follower

Reaction score
The point system for open enrollment,.......Err....... Recruiting isn't going to do squat. It MIGHT move a team or two down a division but for the most part it will change nothing. JMO

Steelers002016

Reaction score
.................Err............ DUH.................... You must be from up North where the corrupt Mafia "like" thinking starts. Right back at ya genius boy. Time will tell.

What do you mean by down a division? DI would be the top. So in my opinion teams will move up. As they should. Parochial, Charter and Recruiting schools should have to compete with large communities if they pull their kids anyway! Show me what you are made of. Anybody that can recruit, can easily win DII and below contests. Even Columbus Parochials and "AfriCentric" proves it yearly!

And the point system is based on when they transfer or enroll in the other school. My experience has been players open enroll or enter parochial schools for the first time in their Freshman or Sophomore years. Some in Middle School. I am sure everyone at St. Vincent-St Mary started attending in Kindergarten right? Why is it so difficult to believe it will change things for schools that recruit? Maybe a new division is needed above DI. Since we are talking about St. Vincent-St. Mary. They are DII in many sports and somewhere around DIV or DV in Football. Lebron went there his entire life, right? Truth sucks huh?
Enrollment from OHSAA
ST VINCENT-ST MARYAKRON251227

wow

Reaction score
I agree with OSHAA being about worthless as can be.. The point on the thread was its just not valuable to discuss these types of accusatorial narrative here. Its like arguing in circles about a clandestine operation no one really has all the facts to and everyone is supposed to be drawn to a conclusion.

And no need to argue with idiots. The other folks on the forum wont be able to separate the two.

FastBat

Reaction score
What do you mean by down a division? DI would be the top.
Not necessarily, in terms of D1 being the top of the food chain in HS sports, especially softball. In college yes D1 is best, HS sometimes not.

My HS D2 team used to play a D1 team once a season, in the 'Old Metro Showdown' usually on a Friday night in April or May. We would beat them sometimes and they beat us sometimes, some seasons both teams would win state in D1 and D2. It didn't matter if we both won state and we beat the D1 school at that metro showdown, we wouldn't become the D1 State Champs, but that also didn't make them better than us. HS D1 isn't like College D1, that's my point.

brownsfan

Reaction score
FYI--Firestone is going through a facelift. I already think it's the perfect place for these girls to play and I've been to both stadiums. The Racers are the reason most of these girls want to play there. These young ladies watched their favorite college players play there as professionals.

Steelers002016, not all parochial schools carry's that number of players. I can think of three in this area that cant get out of the basement. Now I will not argue that OHSAA is backward. It's out-dated, but can also see the merits of it. Last season was proof in itself with all of the make-up games. Imagine if OHSAA did not have the non-scholastic rule in place; girls would be practicing 7 days a week for two months after the make-up games.

Last edited:

cjs

Reaction score
Not sure why the number of students enrolled is the determining factor, we are a D1 school and our rec department is still plays slow pitch in the summer cause fastpitch is too hard. Many of the stronger HS programs even the public that do not open enroll have a reputation and parents actively move into the district at a younger age to play in these programs, which usually have a stronger rec program that feeds the High School.

Steelers002016

Reaction score
I am not going to argue any further on Firestone. I think I made my points regarding locations, travel etc.. I know of very few girls that watched pro Players at Firestone. How many games are broadcast? All the young players, I have been around, watch or watched the ACC, SEC, PAC12 and Big10 games that are plastered all over the ESPN channels. I spoke of equality of opportunity and "fairness". I also mentioned some sleazy practices of HS coaches. All in all, Ohio can offer some serious female athletes to the Fastpitch world. However, politics is now in every aspect of everything. To deny it is to live under a rock. Like the announcer that did the game at Firestone. I think everyone would agree, she was an idiot, or she was high on something. Either way, she made Ohio High School softball look STUPID. Did you know those games were seen all over Ohio and the surrounding states via Cable.

You kill me. Everyone is for their own interests and to hell with anyone else or their kid. Why? Come on, we both know why. People are disgusted with the whole system now. So one must wonder "what's best for my kid?" Not the team or the community but MY KID! I hear people say everyday "You do not have to play High School Softball". In fact, there is only one sport left in which YOU MUST play in high school, if you dream of playing at the next level..... FOOTBALL. And of course you will argue that one too. We both know the complete and utter lock parochial schools have on the OHSAA Football State Championships in every single division without exception. Or would you try to argue that too? Firestone will still suck, it will always suck and playoffs will be worse! As witnessed by Girls Basketball and the officiating (google it). Why? OHSAA did not have coaches do official "evaluations" this year! So they just sucked. Several games were very badly officiated. And where do the best ones go? AAU basketball during the summer! Of course! Why? To become college officials. Why else? To many OHSAA folks are living in the 50's. the whole system needs turned on its head!

Did you know last years Softball OHSAA playoffs and championships coincided with the no contact period for the NCAA!!!!! Coaches could not even attend the OHSAA championships or Semi's last year!!!!! Talk about STUPID! I can do this all day if you like! And still no evaluations for officials! Genius isn't it? Or is it politics? You decide.

Last edited:

Steelers002016

Reaction score
? Thus the recruiting... DUH. I know the best isn't DI, DII etc.. Did you not get any of the point made? And what parochial school did you attend? I noticed you didn't mention it....

Steelers002016

Reaction score
Again. Stupid remark. Go look at the OHSAA state champions list in every sport. I rest my case.

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Steelers002016,Reading a few of your posts is there anything you like about anything.Knew we shouldn't have eliminated the Rants and Raves section.

Steelers002016

Reaction score
Are there any facts people pay attention to? Everyone has their own agenda. Which is why sports are in the sad shape they are in in Ohio. Mommy and Daddy ball everywhere, every sport. It has bled into the OHSAA governing body! I can prove it everyday. In every league.

brownsfan

Reaction score
Oh please share...I would like to see stats on people and their own agenda , articles, etc. but then also do it for the surrounding border states.

I agree OHSAA needs to be updated, but it is what it is. Now if you had said Boosters, I could see your point.

hinesy37

Reaction score
I am not going to argue any further on Firestone. I think I made my points regarding locations, travel etc.. I know of very few girls that watched pro Players at Firestone. How many games are broadcast? All the young players, I have been around, watch or watched the ACC, SEC, PAC12 and Big10 games that are plastered all over the ESPN channels. I spoke of equality of opportunity and "fairness". I also mentioned some sleazy practices of HS coaches. All in all, Ohio can offer some serious female athletes to the Fastpitch world. However, politics is now in every aspect of everything. To deny it is to live under a rock. Like the announcer that did the game at Firestone. I think everyone would agree, she was an idiot, or she was high on something. Either way, she made Ohio High School softball look STUPID. Did you know those games were seen all over Ohio and the surrounding states via Cable.

You kill me. Everyone is for their own interests and to hell with anyone else or their kid. Why? Come on, we both know why. People are disgusted with the whole system now. So one must wonder "what's best for my kid?" Not the team or the community but MY KID! I hear people say everyday "You do not have to play High School Softball". In fact, there is only one sport left in which YOU MUST play in high school, if you dream of playing at the next level..... FOOTBALL. And of course you will argue that one too. We both know the complete and utter lock parochial schools have on the OHSAA Football State Championships in every single division without exception. Or would you try to argue that too? Firestone will still suck, it will always suck and playoffs will be worse! As witnessed by Girls Basketball and the officiating (google it). Why? OHSAA did not have coaches do official "evaluations" this year! So they just sucked. Several games were very badly officiated. And where do the best ones go? AAU basketball during the summer! Of course! Why? To become college officials. Why else? To many OHSAA folks are living in the 50's. the whole system needs turned on its head!

Did you know last years Softball OHSAA playoffs and championships coincided with the no contact period for the NCAA!!!!! Coaches could not even attend the OHSAA championships or Semi's last year!!!!! Talk about STUPID! I can do this all day if you like! And still no evaluations for officials! Genius isn't it? Or is it politics? You decide.

Don't have any dog in this fight but when it comes to officiating I do know the text I made bold is incorrect. Here are my ratings for the last voting period:

SportGenderCoach's TotalComposite Score
BasketballGirls9.3000034.30000
BasketballBoys9.3000031.30000
BaseballBoys11.5555530.55555
FootballBoys11.8666622.86666
SoftballGirls8.0000032.00000
As you can see coaches totals are involved. That, in my opinion, is part of the issue with officials that "suck' in the tournament. Coaches rate based on wins and losses. If a coach wins it does not matter if the officials were in using the proper mechanics or making the correct call all they care about is if they win and if the official is "nice" to them. Another part is the "buddy system" when it comes to rating officials from coaches and Leaders of each Sport. If an official happens to be friends with the people (coaches, AD's, Assigners) selecting officials for the State Tournaments they are going to get votes that they might not deserve. When these numbers are compiled you get a Composite score and officials are placed in "Pools" (States, Regionals, Districts and Sectionals). OHSAA then goes through the pools to select the best officials for each level but because some pools can be filled with officials that received "buddy" votes that is why you get some officials that "suck". If these "buddy" votes were not entered by Coaches, AD's, and Assigners OHSAA would not have to pick from them for State tournaments.

SMc4SMc

Reaction score
You can rank teams and players but we're presently stuck with networking or fraternity to determinine good officials- most officials are great. I've been lucky enough to talk to some active coaches and refs/umps privately that agree its flawed but shrug it off as part of the game.

And, both sides play the game.

However, I haven't yet had conversations with active coaches or officials that are willing to speak up publicly for the record against the problems.

How to fix the problem when so many involved are basically untouchable? How do you get a veteran beneficiary on board, and not just entry level folk that have the interest in change, but lack the influence?

Gamesmanship.