Coaches drinking between games.

GeneralsDad

Reaction score
We seem to be so concerned about the bad examples being set, yet many parents are pounding soda and junk food all weekend. Those same parents are sending it in the dugout with their kids. Bottom line is there are many things in this world we don't agree with. The answer is not sheltering our kids from these things and keeping blinders on them until they leave the house. I think that does more harm than good. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Let's not rush to lable others because we disagree.

coachjwb

Reaction score
While I would personally avoid an alcoholic beverage between games because I wouldn't anyone to smell it on my breath and assume I may have had a lot, I personally wouldn't have an issue with a coach having A beer between games on a hot day. And I definitely feel like a coach should be able to have a couple of drinks in the hotel lobby or pool area, or at dinner after a long day of games. I absolutely think the coach needs to keep it to a level that isn't going to either set a bad example or somehow embarrass the team.

Pacerdad57

Reaction score
I don't even see how it's possible... A couple of brewski's between games, and I'd be looking for the porta-potty every two innings. #OldManProbs

(P.S. It's also wrong on many levels. How is this "Being in it for the kids" ?)
I'm betting I couldn't make it a full inning Louuuuu!!

Pacerdad57

Reaction score
While I would personally avoid an alcoholic beverage between games because I wouldn't anyone to smell it on my breath and assume I may have had a lot, I personally wouldn't have an issue with a coach having A beer between games on a hot day. And I definitely feel like a coach should be able to have a couple of drinks in the hotel lobby or pool area, or at dinner after a long day of games. I absolutely think the coach needs to keep it to a level that isn't going to either set a bad example or somehow embarrass the team.
I think there is a huge difference drinking during tournament time and having a beer with dinner or after hours in the hotel.
I just feel there is no place for drinking during a tournament play, or going overboard with a couple of sixers at the hitel either. Moderation has to be the key with this. It is common sense to me to avoid even the appearance of impropriety around the kids.