2016 GAPSS - July 15-17 - Lewis Center/Powell Ohio

manitoudan

Reaction score
Great finish for the 01 Glory team , nice work . And that 2 very strong strong finishes for the Ohio Rage 18u team.. their SS that is going to D3 Trine U is a BEAST .

Reaction score
Thanks Dan. I'm super proud of the girls (Ohio Glory '01). This tourney came 2 days after I told the team that I was going to retire from coaching after this season. GAPSS was to be my last regular season tournament and they really gave me one helluva gift. They came ready to play and stayed very disciplined throughout the entire tourney. Can't ask for more than this!!

Hats off to Lasers Silver as well. In between the winner's bracket championship game and the final game they had to play against Hawks Wagner which is a team that had been hammering their opponents all weekend. Lasers Silver stopped Hawks Wagner in their tracks with an arsenal of big hits to make it to the championship game. There were a lot of very solid teams in this tourney and I'm beyond proud of my players to emerge as the champs.

Diamond_Dak

Reaction score
This tournament is always one of the best in the state. In 7 games we had one ump that was a bit of disappointment, and the only issue was his strike zone was one of the smallest I ve seen in 10years of coaching. Mike Wilson and the crew did a fantastic job. weatehr was great and competition was as well for both our 14 and 16 u teams. Proud that after some close games our 13U sapphires team won two in elimination games before getting Doomed saturday under the lights! My older Daughtes 16U team made final 4 and gave the Sharks a battle. Great weekend for Ohio Softball. and Great job by all GAPSS crew and TD.
Dean Ohio Sapphires

Reaction score
I recall that zone. That was at Liberty High School. The pitchers did not get paid for their corner pitches, so you do what you have to do....adapt & overcome.
Use speed changes to keep the batters off their balance.
Otherwise...you serve up meatballs & the other team will blast the ball!