Spano this weekend

Daddy Gurl

Reaction score
Can't wait to hear that crushing of the real hard ball. It has been a long slow winter of hitting the soft ones inside. My predictions for the finals are. Ohio Ice White Vs Lasers Teal. I have saw both these two teams play and they are very solid. Two sleepers are Lasers Silver and Wv Firestix. Good luck all!

Bink44

Reaction score
Any 1oU updates from Spano Dome?

Daddy Gurl

Reaction score
Real good ball this weekend. I will say this, the 10 under 06/07 girls in my opinion are as deep as class as I have saw up here over the last 3 weekends. Very good competition!

Dr J

Reaction score
Great teams in this tournament, a shame they seed teams after 2 games.

coachjwb

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they seed teams after 2 games so teams can find out sooner than later when they're going to be playing their bracket games. In the end, what does it matter? Don't you have to beat everyone to win the championship anyhow? Plus, don't they communicate this up front?

Reaction score
The tough part is being undefeated all weekend and not going to the championship due to a coin toss. I know this was stated in the rules before the tournament, but still is kinda sucky!! Shoulda been a Lasers only Championship!!! :)

trcyknny7

Reaction score
The tough part is being undefeated all weekend and not going to the championship due to a coin toss. I know this was stated in the rules before the tournament, but still is kinda sucky!! Shoulda been a Lasers only Championship!!! :)
Lasers Silver is no joke. Every time we play them, it is a battle from the first pitch to the last. I have got massive respect for them. Hopefully we will see them again this Spring.

MCombs

Reaction score
To your point, Todd... It was no fun at all walking over to the scorers table and watching a coin fall on the ground to determine our fate, but the rules are what they are. Our message to our girls afterwards was that we had plenty of chances in that game to move runners over through bunts that we failed to get down. We also left runners on base and couldn't get two out hits. Hats off to the WV Firestix team because they didn't deserve to lose either. In the end... it is what it is and we had a good weekend of competition and are looking forward to continuing to prepare for April-July.

I am extremely proud of our girls for how they handled the outcome. They walked out as a team with their heads up and wished the Firestix good luck on their way out. It was definitely a true reflection of our parents and coaches. Although I was disappointed, I walked out extrememly proud of my girls and am thankful to be in the situation that I'm in.

Mike Combs
Lasers Silver

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
To your point, Todd... It was no fun at all walking over to the scorers table and watching a coin fall on the ground to determine our fate, but the rules are what they are. Our message to our girls afterwards was that we had plenty of chances in that game to move runners over through bunts that we failed to get down. We also left runners on base and couldn't get two out hits. Hats off to the WV Firestix team because they didn't deserve to lose either. In the end... it is what it is and we had a good weekend of competition and are looking forward to continuing to prepare for April-July.

I am extremely proud of our girls for how they handled the outcome. They walked out as a team with their heads up and wished the Firestix good luck on their way out. It was definitely a true reflection of our parents and coaches. Although I was disappointed, I walked out extrememly proud of my girls and am thankful to be in the situation that I'm in.

Mike Combs
Lasers Silver

Class response!

Talking to another coach, we both agree that since there are no games behind the semifinals..... ITB or some form of playing it out should take place.

Last edited:

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
Runner-up last week in 12U, Championship this week in 10U..... plus I got to watch my recently turned 8 year old with a 2009 birthday pitch vs a very good Michigan Warrior06 team and the current #1 ranked OFC Lasers Silver06. The experience she got and how she talked about how she struck a cleanup girl out, oblivious to the 10 bombs she gave up, and the smiles and team camaraderie is the experiences she and I will never forget..

Always say I can't stand the dirt dome, but there isn't a place I rather be in late February or early March

wow

Reaction score
09's .... geeze.. That's at best 8yrs old? Where is the time going??????

That's 4 years at 10u? Congrats that's one ride I wish I took!

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
09's .... geeze.. That's at best 8yrs old? Where is the time going??????

That's 4 years at 10u? Congrats that's one ride I wish I took!

does well for her age... not usually a walkfest with her, but honestly praying that she wasn't going to take hard comeback with that many balls in play... 39-40 mph is BP for those 06teams at Spano

Dr J

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

What was score of semifinal? Very impressed with your team.

pride_coach

Reaction score
I really have to say I was truly impressed with the overwhelming amount of 10u talent I saw this weekend. Congrats to all the ladies and coaches!

MCombs

Reaction score
Score was tied 1-1 when time expired. Since they were home team and we didn't get to finish the inning it went back to last completed inning. We were even with runners at 3rd, 2nd & 1st so it went to a coin flip. Bad part is that we had two outs and 1 strike on the 3rd batter when time expired. I'm rethinking my 60 second trip to the mound in the 3rd inning now... Seriously though, it was a great game. Just an unfortunate way to have to end it.

Dr J

Reaction score
Would you guys have won tiebreaker if you'd have retired #3 batter?