You make the call...

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
Only question I would have for the field umpire would be why did you call her out? I'm sure his reply would be from my angle she missed the bag. After watching the video myself 5x that would be the only answer I would except.

FastBat

Reaction score
I would argue, that was not the worst call ever, it was very bad though.

Stedman00

Reaction score
have to wonder what the heck he was day dreaming about. I just hope call was corrected after conferring with home plate blue.

hinesy37

Reaction score
Even if she did miss the bag that is an appeal call not a "normal" out call.

coachjwb

Reaction score
My guess is we didn't see the completion of the action there ... probably either just realized he signaled the wrong call initially (we've all seen that happen), later explained that the runner missed the base, or that the call was appealed to the home plate umpire and reversed.

hinesy37

Reaction score
According to The North Jefferson News, Harris remained on first while her coach argued the call to no avail.
Kayla Jasper, a senior at Fultondale who posted the video shot by a fan to Twitter, told the North Jefferson News that the umpire told Harris to return to the dugout and said, “Get off the bag so we can play ball.”
Fultondale would beat Minor (Adamsville) 19-8, but as Jasper put it, “We didn’t play our best, but it felt even better to win because of that umpire. He just wanted to go home.”

Quote from USA Today

SOFTBALLS14

Reaction score
Website
www.mvxpress.com
Guess what sometimes they are just human.... Yeah he might have thought she missed the bag....
Yeah it might have been a blown call....
But guess what even at D-1 college they miss the call ....NO matter what level ... and there isn't a D^&% thing you can do about it, but move on and play the game... ;)