Fairborn assistant softball coach violated rules but nothing happened

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
CARDS, I am not the original poster of this thread, not sure which previous post you are referring to, I am not the one calling anyone out, I just chimed in with what the OHSAA rules say since you posted that it only applies to paid coaches.

Ok, My bad... I thought you may be with the OP with the Sinclair/Rumor post.
To clarify what I mean as a volunteer coach. There is no official connection with the HS. You work with the team captains and set up fall and winter activities. We would hold a parent meeting in August to go over cost, practice locations, events and expectations. We did two teams of 12 over this time that were kind of like, a local organized recreational league team but playing travel team events.

Now, I did pick up some ladies from other GMC programs to meet pitching and strengthen up some spots because a couple played on travel ball teams and could not make all events. Worked for us and several other HS programs that did the same thing.

#4mom

Reaction score
He isn't in violation because he was not yet accepted by the school board as a coach.

Practice?

Reaction score
He isn't in violation because he was not yet accepted by the school board as a coach.

Only if he is a new Coach to the team this year. If he was an approved Coach or approved volunteer with the team last season he would not be allowed to Coach the players as described in this thread.

Ferrigno20

Reaction score
The coach is Chris Becraft. They played February 18th under his select team name. He is the assistant softball coach according to the athletic director and the head coach. He has been coaching the team all winter. Doesn't matter if he's paid or not. He violated the 4 person rule and he violated the indoor rule by playing after February 1st. This was posted multiple times to call attention to a problem that needs addressed.
He has always coached the winter sinclair indoor for every varsity season. This is the 1st year he was asked to help coach the actual season. That position was not offered to him at the time of indoor.

Rumors are great. you might want to see who has always coached the varsity softball at sinclair. It has always been Chris. i would greatly assume that sotfballrox has a daughter in the gwoc south?

Ferrigno20

Reaction score
Only if he is a new Coach to the team this year. If he was an approved Coach or approved volunteer with the team last season he would not be allowed to Coach the players as described in this thread.
Brand new coach

Ferrigno20

Reaction score
Grasshopper...Come close...

A lot of outsiders think those that are seen around a school are paid for their services...Some are and some are not.. There are many behind the scenes that are...and those in front of the public that are not....
I know of several GMC/GWOC teams that played fall and winter events and have been doing it for years...

Does it help.. Hell yes it dose.. Is it Illegal NO.... I would take 20 ladies from our HS to play in Fall and winter events. We even played in a fall league and attended a couple Sinclair events, then turn them over to the coach in Feb. Just because you see someone helping out...or around a team does not mean they are a paid coach...If they end up being a paid coach yes then you may have issues...
EXACTLY right!!

#4mom

Reaction score
He has always coached the winter sinclair indoor for every varsity season. This is the 1st year he was asked to help coach the actual season. That position was not offered to him at the time of indoor.

Rumors are great. you might want to see who has always coached the varsity softball at sinclair. It has always been Chris. i would greatly assume that sotfballrox has a daughter in the gwoc south?

Yes from GWOC south and played for Chris at the Edge at one point.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
I wish someone would blatantly violate stupid rules like this and then say something like:

"I sure did, and what of it? My kids wanted to get better at playing softball and that's my job.."