State brackets posted

wow

Reaction score
Relax.. its HS.. No college coaches coming. Well maybe in June. But you gotta make it that far!

cinbo

Reaction score
Seems like you just can't have a civilized conversation on here. I got dragged down before I knew it lol.

DJB11

Reaction score
Relax.. its HS.. No college coaches coming. Well maybe in June. But you gotta make it that far!

Based upon this quote, we should feel honored that college coaches came to two of our games. (One game was a preseason game)

wow

Reaction score
Based upon this quote, we should feel honored that college coaches came to two of our games. (One game was a preseason game)

Would like to know what College team (D1P5)? can afford coaches to see HS games while Colleges are in season. Let alone preseason. Not saying it cant happen but for the other 99% of us, College coaches simply are very rare at HS games, unless you are fortunate enough to play in June at Firestone.

Last edited:

heater

Reaction score
I know, we are in CBC too, I hate the format! We would love to get out and play teams from other conferences. I know a lot of people on here say that it will all work itself out, and it does but only one team gets to win it all. We would love to experience winning 4 or 5 games and getting deep. And if we get out of our Conference tourney we may! good luck to you too.

DJB11

Reaction score
Would like to know what College team (D1P5)? can afford coaches to see HS games while Colleges are in season. Let alone preseason. Not saying it cant happen but for the other 99% of us, College coaches simply are very rare at HS games, unless you are fortunate enough to play in June at Firestone.

I did not say they were D1P5, but it was UD and NKU. Ohio U came to an indoor practice. No speaking with players, merely watching certain players.

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
I did not say they were D1P5, but it was UD and NKU. Ohio U came to an indoor practice. No speaking with players, merely watching certain players.

DJB11 we too had some local College coaches come out to some of our HS games to watch some ladies. We ended up with both schools getting a couple ladies. They also checked them out on their Summer teams.

heater

Reaction score
Ok, I just want to rant one more time about this even though I know it won't fix anything. But I went and looked at the D2 brackets and I don't know a lot of the teams outside of our conference. So I am going to use Greenville here just because they are the #2 seed in their bracket, the same as us, and I do know teams in their conference. Also, their conference utilizes the same web software for their standings and stats as we do. So they are the #2 seed, first round they play Dunbar, which I can't even find info on their softball program but they are #18 seed and that is 2 spots behind Trotwood-Madison, who has not won a game and will be their second round opponent. Then if Greenville wins, I am not familiar with any of the other teams that they would play to advance. Now I think Greenville deserves this for being the #2 seed, so I have no problem with it at all. What I do have a problem with is we are a #2 seed and we have quite a few quality wins this year and we are 19-5. So for that, we are rewarded with first round game against Graham #10 in the state poll and a super pitcher/ hitter, and if we win that we get #8 team in state poll #1 seed in the bracket, Kenton Ridge. They have 32 combined wins this season and two of the top pitchers in central Ohio. How many combined wins do Trotwood and Dunbar have? I asked our coach how the state draw works and he explained to me but also said he complained about it but could not get it changed. If anyone has an idea as to how to address it, I would love to hear. I do not think we are good enough to get to the Regional finals, but if we had a path similar to the other #2 seeds, I think we would have a great shot. Thanks for listening to me whine, I feel better!;)

wvanalmsick

Reaction score
Ok, I just want to rant one more time about this even though I know it won't fix anything. But I went and looked at the D2 brackets and I don't know a lot of the teams outside of our conference. So I am going to use Greenville here just because they are the #2 seed in their bracket, the same as us, and I do know teams in their conference. Also, their conference utilizes the same web software for their standings and stats as we do. So they are the #2 seed, first round they play Dunbar, which I can't even find info on their softball program but they are #18 seed and that is 2 spots behind Trotwood-Madison, who has not won a game and will be their second round opponent. Then if Greenville wins, I am not familiar with any of the other teams that they would play to advance. Now I think Greenville deserves this for being the #2 seed, so I have no problem with it at all. What I do have a problem with is we are a #2 seed and we have quite a few quality wins this year and we are 19-5. So for that, we are rewarded with first round game against Graham #10 in the state poll and a super pitcher/ hitter, and if we win that we get #8 team in state poll #1 seed in the bracket, Kenton Ridge. They have 32 combined wins this season and two of the top pitchers in central Ohio. How many combined wins do Trotwood and Dunbar have? I asked our coach how the state draw works and he explained to me but also said he complained about it but could not get it changed. If anyone has an idea as to how to address it, I would love to hear. I do not think we are good enough to get to the Regional finals, but if we had a path similar to the other #2 seeds, I think we would have a great shot. Thanks for listening to me whine, I feel better!;)

You need to move your school into another District. When a district is divided into two groups, you will find that teams run to the opposite district to avoid the "perceived" #1 seed. In your case, you have nowhere to run. You happen to be in a district that has a lot of good teams. If you look at the Pickerington District for Div 2, Lakewood picked the Pickerington 1 district and the 2, 3, and 5 seeds jumped into the Pickerington 2 district.

Looking at the West Carrolton District, if the coaches got to pick their spot on the bracket, your coach doesn't have a clue. If the brackets were pre-determined by the district, then someone needs to be educated in how to set-up brackets.

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As the poster above states - I think your coach was clueless on how to select a spot!
It almost looks as either Graham has no respect for your team, or they are somewhat clueless too.........
Both of you should have at least picked a spot at the top of the WC bracket.
I'd ask your coach why he did not do that?

DJB11

Reaction score
I know, we are in CBC too, I hate the format! We would love to get out and play teams from other conferences. I know a lot of people on here say that it will all work itself out, and it does but only one team gets to win it all. We would love to experience winning 4 or 5 games and getting deep. And if we get out of our Conference tourney we may! good luck to you too.

This is not a criticism, but rather a comment. I follow some of the CBC teams since I know several players in the conference. I do not see any of the top teams playing a lot of challenging out of conference games. I may be missing something. The "all CBC" sectional is lame, but some of those teams can and should make their non-conference schedule a little more exciting. It is ultimately good for the team and makes the players better.

heater

Reaction score
This is not a criticism, but rather a comment. I follow some of the CBC teams since I know several players in the conference. I do not see any of the top teams playing a lot of challenging out of conference games. I may be missing something. The "all CBC" sectional is lame, but some of those teams can and should make their non-conference schedule a little more exciting. It is ultimately good for the team and makes the players better.
I don't deny that, but our school did a pretty good job this year. Our non-conference games included beating Miamisburg, Arcanum, Tipp City, Triad, and last night Wapakoneta #7 state poll. We had Lima Bath scheduled but we got rained out. Your comment got me on another post about how when they select the all conference team, they needed to look at only in conference games because MOST of our conference schedules cupcakes to pad stats! I dont think that happened, but oh well. I think I am going to make it a personal quest to get the Southwest District aligned fairly! I have been told to start with our AD and the other ADs in our conference. Wish me luck!

DJB11

Reaction score
I don't deny that, but our school did a pretty good job this year. Our non-conference games included beating Miamisburg, Arcanum, Tipp City, Triad, and last night Wapakoneta #7 state poll. We had Lima Bath scheduled but we got rained out. Your comment got me on another post about how when they select the all conference team, they needed to look at only in conference games because MOST of our conference schedules cupcakes to pad stats! I dont think that happened, but oh well. I think I am going to make it a personal quest to get the Southwest District aligned fairly! I have been told to start with our AD and the other ADs in our conference. Wish me luck!

Good luck. I figured out which team you're with and I follow your team and Claudia S. I am from Springfield and my daughter plays for Mason. Good luck in the tournament.