When and where did your daughter hit her first career home run?

wannaplaysb

Reaction score
Maybe not first for either...but my favorite for sure! When one of my DDs hit one half a state apart the other hit one within the hour so not to be one-upped!!! And it happened twice last year! Love family competition, might be why I burned our scrabble board!

megsmom

Reaction score
First over the fence was 13 years old helping an 18 u team just for fun in Youngstown. First HR technically was 8 u rec (coach pitch). Hit a grand slam (infield) on a lot of throwing errors. Funniest thing is she had no idea when everyone congratulated her on a "Grand Slam" what it was! She still remembers that one fondly even if "not a real one".

cobb_of_fury

Reaction score
First over the fence was 13 years old helping an 18 u team just for fun in Youngstown. First HR technically was 8 u rec (coach pitch). Hit a grand slam (infield) on a lot of throwing errors. Funniest thing is she had no idea when everyone congratulated her on a "Grand Slam" what it was! She still remembers that one fondly even if "not a real one".

My kids first and only somewhat legitimate inside the parker was a "Grand Slam" in 8U All Stars Coach Pitch. It was during the play offs - There were no fences on those fields - she came up with bases loaded and she hit a screamer down the line that cleared the tall girl playing first base by about a 1/4" and rolled all the way to the tree line. My DD was not fleet of foot back then (she is slightly quicker now) but she ran up the back of the little girl ahead of her who had been on 1B and I thought she was goanna pick her up and carry her because she was so determined to make that HOME RUN- after that season we had marked the bat with that milestone and it's still on display in her room.

coachjwb

Reaction score
My DD's didn't hit a lot over the fence, ever ... I think 5, and none were in travel ball ... her first was her sophomore year in high school at a spring break trip game down in Lexington. The strange thing was that she hit it about 50-60 feet over the centerfield fence and one of the local people picked it up and brought it over to our bench and said it was one of the longest he had ever seen ... and the next day she hit another one over a fence in Louisville ... and then she didn't hit another over the fence home run again until she was in college. By far both of ours most favorite one was the last one she hit her senior year in college. It was a 2 run shot that landed in her mom's lawn chair over the left field fence (her mom wasn't sitting in it at the time), which put her team up 3-2, a game in which she held on to the lead of and picked up the school record for most career wins ... and it was her 100th career hit in college. Yeah, I know I have told this story on here before ... thanks for giving me an opportunity to tell it again! :)

Last edited:

TOOFLY1

Reaction score
Eastern Nationals...8y.o. (playing 10u)...Takes one yard to bring game to international tie breaker..We end up on short end eventually, but still an awesome memory for my girl, she hit 2 over that weekend.. I think as a team, our girls took 9 for a ride that 10u weekend!!!!!

Skeeter

Reaction score
I will never forget and neither will my daughter the first in the park homerun she hit (9 years old (10u) in a Greenville tournament playing with Ohio Wave at Stebbins field complex. She hit it deep to the right field fence and as she was rounding 3B she looks over at me sitting in the stands and starts waving to me because she was so excited and slows down going into home and almost gets thrown out from the outfield relay to home.

FastBat

Reaction score
My dd was playing 8u coach pitch, as an 8 year old. It was the first tourney of the year, she was the lead off batter and a lefty (yes, I was a coach;)). She hit it to right field and took off. By the time right fielder got to the ball, my dd was rounding third and there was no turning back. She earned the player of the game medal, that game.

We had a great season that year! You wouldn't be able to recognize her from this picture anymore...but that's sheer 8 year old happiness, that's what 8u is for!
8uKatMedal.jpg

number5

Reaction score
My daughter hit her first over the fence in 12U. 40 home runs later she still has 2 more years to collect some more. She is a beast when it comes to hitting the ball.

number5

Reaction score
WOW, just got my first thumbs down. Not sure if I received it for being a proud father or that they are upset my daughter can hit the ball. In the end it doesn't matter, she is going to the next level. These next 2 years will fly by much to fast.

FastBat

Reaction score
/\/\/\If your dd is who I think she is, she can really hit the ball, seriously! She's very talented both on offense and defense; she works hard and it shows!

heater

Reaction score
My dd, 5'3" 115lbs did something I have never seen. As a freshman playing varsity against Fairmont last year, she hit legit back to back ITP homeruns. Both down first base line. Small but Speedy!

brownsfan

Reaction score
Couldn't tell you where but cane give you the date. 6/23/13 was my dd's first HR. I could go online and find the youtube video, but nah.

I will never forget a HR she did give up though. Facing Indy Prospects, Outlaws Fall Brawl back at 14U. This lead off hitter for them was maybe 5' nothing and maybe 90 lbs soaking wet. DD threw a perfect drop ball and was at batters ankles when she swung. Did her best Phil Milkelson impersonation, launched it from the tee, and just barely got it over the RF fence. She acted like she just hit the walk-off in the WCWS in game 3. When I heard that was her first ever HR, I cut the film to send it to her coach to send to the family.

softballmom12

Reaction score
I will never forgot my daughter's first homerun she was playing 14u. My daughter's team was losing by 3 in the last inning she came up to bat with two on and hit a shot straight out center field and tied the game. She is now 18u and has had many more since then.

Icemon

Reaction score
I've had no story to relay until now. It was at the HS district tournament, her second to last bat and nailed it over left center. We lost the game though, her last one. Took 13 years but was a bright spot in an otherwise sad day!

buck43055

Reaction score
First and only over the fence homerun DD hit was in a middle school game last month. DD asked me why I did not have video of it and I told her it took 14 years for her to hit one. Hopefully, the next HR is not that long in happening and I will have it on video. I did get the ball for her and ordered a plaque for the ball with her name, date and game on it.

Shane

Reaction score
My DD hit her first "dinger" (as she would say) during the 2016 10U ASA States Tournament in Zanesville, Ohio. It was a hot, brutal day, our team was down a good number of runs. DD hit her first homerun and sparked a come from behind victory. She went on to hit one more homerun during her 10U season and has hit 4 thus far this season. What a great thread, thanks for starting it!!

Shane

Reaction score
Not sure if it counts but it was in 8u on a 150' field and it went over the center field fence. Never seen a bigger smile on an 8 year old in my life. She is 13 now and we are still waiting on another one.

Heck ya that counts!! #dingers

17smom

Reaction score
I will never forget it and neither will my DD. She was 12u, playing with Thunder Elite and we were playing against Lasers Green (11u at the time) in the Lasers Tournament at John Bishop Park. Lee Pyles was/is the head coach of Lasers Green and was in charge of the tournament at that site. That year he was always wearing an Australian-looking hat. My DD called him the alligator man (not knowing his name at the time - but she still refers to him as the alligator man to this day lol).

Well, she hit her first ever over the fence HR and the umpire absolutely would not give her the ball. Our coach mentioned that it was her first ever HR and he still wouldn't let her have it. Lee then chimed in and told him to go ahead and give her the ball. He still wouldn't and said something along the lines of "if we gave every girl their HR ball, we wouldn't have any balls left." Lee told him he was the tournament director and that they had plenty of balls - to give the girl the ball. The umpire STILL didn't give it up and play continued. Well, I don't know if it was Lee or one of his coaches, but one of them went to the check in location while we were playing. After that half of the inning ended and the teams were switching, Lee called for the umpires attention, dropped 3 or 4 new balls over the fence, told the ump that here were some balls and asked if my DD could have her HR ball now. The umpire just quietly took the HR ball out of his back pocket and handed it to our coach. :)

The HR may have been a small thing to the umpire and to Lee, but it was a huge deal to my DD. She still has that ball sitting on a shelf in her room and every once in a while will bring that story up (she is 16 now). That one thing made her a huge fan of "alligator man" and whenever we happen to be at the same tournament she tries to make it a point to watch his team play at least once.