When and where did your daughter hit her first career home run?

3ballbratz

Reaction score
I will never forget it and neither will my DD. She was 12u, playing with Thunder Elite and we were playing against Lasers Green (11u at the time) in the Lasers Tournament at John Bishop Park. Lee Pyles was/is the head coach of Lasers Green and was in charge of the tournament at that site. That year he was always wearing an Australian-looking hat. My DD called him the alligator man (not knowing his name at the time - but she still refers to him as the alligator man to this day lol).

Well, she hit her first ever over the fence HR and the umpire absolutely would not give her the ball. Our coach mentioned that it was her first ever HR and he still wouldn't let her have it. Lee then chimed in and told him to go ahead and give her the ball. He still wouldn't and said something along the lines of "if we gave every girl their HR ball, we wouldn't have any balls left." Lee told him he was the tournament director and that they had plenty of balls - to give the girl the ball. The umpire STILL didn't give it up and play continued. Well, I don't know if it was Lee or one of his coaches, but one of them went to the check in location while we were playing. After that half of the inning ended and the teams were switching, Lee called for the umpires attention, dropped 3 or 4 new balls over the fence, told the ump that here were some balls and asked if my DD could have her HR ball now. The umpire just quietly took the HR ball out of his back pocket and handed it to our coach. :)

The HR may have been a small thing to the umpire and to Lee, but it was a huge deal to my DD. She still has that ball sitting on a shelf in her room and every once in a while will bring that story up (she is 16 now). That one thing made her a huge fan of "alligator man" and whenever we happen to be at the same tournament she tries to make it a point to watch his team play at least once.

That's a cool story !

WalkOffHR

Reaction score
I remember all three of her careers first home runs.

Travel Ball: 8U Lasers Red no clue who it was against and I wasn't there to see it, but I remember the phone call

HS: Started varsity as a Freshman. 1st at bat in the season opener HR to right center.

College: Freshman year. A few weeks ago against Northern Kentucky. Couldn't be at the game but was watching on GameChanger. Saw she was inserted as a pinch hitter in the top of the 7th. Must have been a 1st pitch HR because all of a sudden when GC updated the bases were emptied and the score increased by 2. I then realized she homered. Wife was screaming in the next room so I knew it was real!

snoman76

Reaction score
I can FINALLY add to the this thread. My oldest got her first over the fence HR Friday night at Dayton Metro. She didn't know it was out until she was about 4 steps from 3rd and seen the coach holding his hand up for a high five. She's playing it off like it's no big deal but I know she was pretty excited about it... I know I am.

Shannon

Reaction score
BEST day EVER!!! My daughter played in the Maple Leaf tournament 12U this past weekend! So exciting!! The look on her face was PRICELESS! She couldn't have done it without the help from Longball Sports!

NotDeaf

Reaction score
I agree with the others, it was a day to remember!! High School, freshmen year, she was super nervous being on the Varsity team with girls 3-4 yeas older then her. We were at North Ridgeville HS and it just happened. But, here's the best part. There was a person from a law enforcement agency, with his iPad that was filming the game and it got her swing that bat and was gracious enough to email it to me. Very thankful for catching that memory for us.

sunny11

Reaction score
My daughter hit her first on Friday night at Valley Extreme summer starter and her second at 12:25 Monday morning in the championship game after multiple rain delays. Valley extreme staff and umpires did an outstanding job getting each division completed.

Coachmorgan

Reaction score
My daughter hit her first over the fence home run last weekend in a 10u travel game in Willoughby. Straight away centerfield, cleared the fence easily. It cost me big time because I didn't think a 10u kid could hit the ball over (That's why I don't gamble). I was coaching 3rd base, I am not sure which one of us had the bigger smile as she rounded third and headed home. The umpire gave her the game ball after the game and she and I haven't stopped talking about our amazement for a week.

SBGeek

Reaction score
Pick North vs. Hilliard Davidson in school ball sectionals this past spring. My DD was a senior and a 3 year varsity letter winner and had banged many off the fence both travel and high school through the years but never an OTF HR. However, on this night WHICH ENDED UP BEING HER LAST SWING EVER, she hit an OTF bomb in top of 5th but HD won the game by run rule in the bottom of the inning and she never came up to bat again. She had decided earlier in year to not play in college or this summer and that was her last official at bat and boy what a memory.

Shannon

Reaction score
My daughter played in the Hope's turn at bat tournament 12U this past weekend! So exciting!! The look on her face was PRICELESS! She couldn't have done it without the help from Longball Sports! Now both of my 12u girls have HR's this year!! What an exciting season!