Poorly Ran Tournament

Reaction score
Website
WWW.OHIOBULLDAWGSELITE.COM
Personally, I accept his apology. I wasn't going to get on here after I had heard about the post but was told it took this turn. 13 years coaching and I have never complained publicly about a single tournament so I don't understand that logic. However I do believe he just made a snap judgement and regretted this post fairly quickly when faced with facts. But people should consider how the Wyatt family might feel about something like that when so many people, including them, pour their heart into the event to honor their daughter. My 12U team was playing well Sunday, don't you think we all wanted to finish it on the field? Just stop and think about it before you go bashing a tournament, the effort involved to try and put on a quality event. But I digress, apology accepted. Best of luck to CO Ice Minister and everyone else this summer!

Last edited:

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I accept his apology. I wasn't going to get on here after I had heard about the post but was told it took this turn. 13 years coaching and I have never complained publicly about a single tournament so I don't understand that logic. However I do believe he just made a snap judgement and regretted this post fairly quickly when faced with facts. But people should consider how the Wyatt family might feel about something like that when so many people, including them, pour their heart into the event to honor their daughter. My 12U team was playing well Sunday, don't you think we all wanted to finish it on the field? Just stop and think about it before you go bashing a tournament, the effort involved to try and put on a quality event. But I digress, apology accepted. Best of luck to CO Ice Minister and everyone else this summer!

This was last week's news - so time to move on. But I was just waiting for someone to bring up someone's feelings.........
This tournament & several others are held in honor of many great reasons, beyond allowing the girls to play & someone making a buck......

I saw a few complaints last summer regarding Memorial tournaments. Heard nothing but a great effort this year regarding this event. But if there is a legit complaint with a tournament, then those in charge address it & make sure it is not an issue. Do not use the "Memorial" event as an excuse to not allow people to complain if something is wrong! First year, may get a pass, but after that, it is the TD & staff that are souring the event if they do not do their job!

Glad to see this event was well handled with all the bad weather it endured! Congrats!

Moving to New Week -
Now - My 10 year old team shook hands at 2:12 AM, then had to be back at the park by 9:00 AM.............But I will leave that up to others to express opinions about. If you are going to run an event at multiple locations, or at a giant complex with various locations - THAN HAVE SOMEONE IN CHARGE AT EACH AREA!!! Do not set up shop a 1/2 mile away from all the main fields & still not have anyone at that station when you do make the adventure to check scores!!!

Last edited:

pride_coach

Reaction score
Seems he has alot to say but never positive. And also when your standing behind the back stop watching two teams play and you want to talk smack about the winning team. Keep in mind one of those 9/10yo girls parents might help you stick your foot in your mouth! Not a threat just sayin

Well said!!