Why are there so many travel team tryouts before the summer tournament season is over?

Run26

Reaction score
I intentionally waited until Nationals were over to conduct tryouts and make decisions about next season, out of respect for my current team that was playing at Nationals.

I'm appalled at the number of teams that were evaluating players in June & July. I may have paid a price for waiting until Nationals were over, but I don't regret it.

Christmas decorations before Halloween is a great analogy. Never liked it, never will.

Scott Sevenish
Ohio Classics 03

Awesome post and it comes from one of the most long standing organizations in the business. Nothing but respect for this club and their staff.

The clubs that have tryouts in June/July aren't "teams".

kc0602

Reaction score
Mr. Schmeiser you are a rare breed from what we have seen thus far in our 2 years of travel. Glad I came across this post as I am thankful to read and know there are coaches looking out for the best interest of the player and her parents. We are looking for a home, not just the 'name' to say that's where we play and it appears YOU get that and are willing to help those who you see fit get it as well. Kudos!