Award Stickers/Anyone use them?

DynastyFastpitch

Reaction score
Anyone ever use the little stickers that go on helmets for various achievements? Did it work well? What did you use as a criteria for earning them? Ex. homerun, 3 hit game, shutout, etc.

FastBat

Reaction score
Like you see on football helmets? I like the idea.

daytonfp

Reaction score
We use them. I have individual stickers and team stickers. They are different design and color. I have a list of individual efforts...home runs, 3 or more hits, 2 or more stolen bases, double plays, etc. For the team I have things like more than 12 hits in a game, no errors in a game, winning all games in a day, making it to a championship game, etc. I also give individual stickers for outstanding effort if a play was made or not....ex. an infielder that dives for a ball, a nice shoestring catch in the outfield, etc. My girls are 18 and they seem to love the stickers. They don't want new helmets because they don't want to loose their stickers from the previous year. I hear girls saying "that's worth a sticker, right?" all weekend long. Those little stickers seem to be a motivator and I think it also makes some girls pick up their game is they aren't getting as many individual stickers as others. I pass them out every week at the end of practice for efforts made the weekend prior.

Chardon Storm

Reaction score
We use them on each of our teams- small lightning bolt helmet stickers for outstanding performance/plays. Either the head coach hands them out at practice following the weekend tournament or each coach (head and asst.) selects one player for each game to award a helmet sticker to. My observation has been that the younger girls really like them and the older girls seem to not care as much.

SOFTBALLS14

Reaction score
Website
www.mvxpress.com
YES, used them for performance, On and off the field, Grades, reaching goals set for each game, and team efforts. Done for most games we played.. ... Worked great when used with Goal setting!! Started at 14u first year though 18u
They still love setting the goals and getting them!!;)

Xrayaries

Reaction score
This is Rip-it response about stickers.

I would also like to note as a responsible coach if you have the occasional anger and slamming of a helmet that helmet should be immediately checked for damage. I saw this more with coaching baseball then I have seen in softball.

Attachments

• Helmet Decal Policy.pdf
    35.1 KB · Views: 75

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. I use 2 of them and they're different. One is a white "Punisher" sticker( from the comic books) for OTF homeruns and the other is a sticker for my catchers when they throw out a steal to second, They say, "Thou shall not steal!". I get those from www.catchingcamp.com since that's the style of catching I teach.

VE_05

Reaction score
Who-where do you guys get them from?

Xrayaries

Reaction score
All over. Just Google search And hit shopping.

Pioneer01

Reaction score
We just started this year but we're just doing team achievements not individual

bleacherbum

Reaction score
Yes. I use 2 of them and they're different. One is a white "Punisher" sticker( from the comic books) for OTF homeruns and the other is a sticker for my catchers when they throw out a steal to second, They say, "Thou shall not steal!". I get those from www.catchingcamp.com since that's the style of catching I teach.
That is pretty limited.
Anything for the other 8 positions on the field?
Anything for the Slapper, speedy girl, .600 average hitters?

FastBat

Reaction score
/\/\Absolutely, agree! When I played, the entire team would get off the bench, if a the batter put a sacrifice bunt down successfully. The coaches said a sac bunt was as good as a home run. It was very motivating to get those sac bunts down and kind of cool. I'd think, give them a Home run sticker for a home run or sac bunt!

OhPhat

Reaction score
We are using a lime green lightning bolt this year which is part of our team logo. We have a defined set of criteria to achieve one, and each player received a copy of the criteria this there is no questions on what they need to do to get an award. We have both individual and team criteria, but we are not differentiating each by a different sticker type. The criteria was intentionally defined such that we are not handing out participation awards and pushes the girls.

Reaction score
I would like to hear what some criteria's team has set up for players have to achieve to get one..

SOFTBALLS14

Reaction score
Website
www.mvxpress.com
Here's what I did over the years....
First we set individual goals before each game ......
going 2-3 at the plate, No errors,
Pitchers 12+ more first pitch strikes,
10+ strike outs,
Catchers any putouts, & no pass balls in a game.

Team goals:cool: .... score 6+ runs, double plays, putouts at home, No errors.
Then on individual offensive and defensive performances......
HBP (my favorite, cause they started saying "that's a sticker don't rub it!" :confused: LOL) ,
Sac Bunt, Triple, HR, SB, Sac fly,
Outstanding defense play,
No walks or HBP by pitcher, shut out, No hitter,
Put-outs at any base on throws from catchers,
Putout from outfield,

Then things the coaches deem worthy! ... Examples.... Straights A's, Helping another player, Cleaning out dugout (without asking), Just doing the best they could that game!
But I didn't tell them all the things they could do to get these stickers. They knew about the team goals and some of individual goals. But mostly I just wrote them down & gave them out at the beginning of the next practice to get the players starting practice on a positive note!

Hope this Helps !!
Good luck this season! :):)

MCS21

Reaction score
We used 3 different ones with our 10u team last year. 1 was a smaller one with our logo that was handed out after each win, another was a bat that we handed out if someone had a very big hit or homerun and the other was a glove when someone had a good pitching performance or made a spectacular play in the field. Girls loved it!!!

google1

Reaction score
Just curious ... has anyone ever heard of an umpire declaring that a helmet is "illegal" because of stickers?
Is that a possibility?
Is there any rule that covers this with equipment?