Why Did PGF pullout of Midwest /Northeast area?

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Was looking at 2018 regional championships for PGF closest one near Chicago and other States where we've played PGF Indiana,Kentucky,Ohio nothing!
Also noticed some new events for them in Oklahoma and the Southeast?
We may need an Regional Director to answer this one?

okiedad1961

Reaction score
1.The state directors were done w paying them more and more money.
2.PGF National wasn't making enough from these states.
3.Some state directors were using there status to help there teams get into events they shouldn't be at .
4.Regional director didn't like that these states were putting teams together that could go to PGF nats and compete and not be in there own talent pool for there teams.
5.Left Coast SB Mafia,Not liking getting beat by our Ohio Midwest ladies at PGF nats.lol
6.D1 coach's finding out they don't have to go to Cali to find talent.
7.Pure business decision
8 .Playing season too short (see 2.)
Some of these are way out there for sure,
but in the era of Fake News why not?

wow

Reaction score
3.Some state directors were using there status to help there teams get into events they shouldn't be at .
4.Regional director didn't like that these states were putting teams together that could go to PGF nats and compete and not be in there own talent pool for there teams.
5.Left Coast SB Mafia,Not liking getting beat by our Ohio Midwest ladies at PGF nats.lol
7.Pure business decision

So many points here, but the common theme is making $$$$$. So much of the game today is who is making money where. Everyone sees a opportunity to get in on the action. This is not just one sanctioning body but ALL of them. Before people get their new drawers in a bind, I understand it takes money to fund these events ($1000.00's at that) however with the marketing, planning, scheduling venues and teams all while getting the best teams to a event is HARD. I have no issue with a director making money to cover their time and efforts. The problem is this is becoming a BIG business.

I don't care what sanction body has which event where. All that matters is the best competition, college coaches in attendance, and event is ran professionally . I don't care about what vendors are in the parking lot, what food is at the concessions, or what the patch the UMP has on his/her chest!

WWolff

"Suck A Little Less Today"
Reaction score
Website
www.D1fastpitch.com
So many points here, but the common theme is making $$$$$. So much of the game today is who is making money where. Everyone sees a opportunity to get in on the action. This is not just one sanctioning body but ALL of them. Before people get their new drawers in a bind, I understand it takes money to fund these events ($1000.00's at that) however with the marketing, planning, scheduling venues and teams all while getting the best teams to a event is HARD. I have no issue with a director making money to cover their time and efforts. The problem is this is becoming a BIG busi
7.Pure business decision

Wasn't going to cost directors more money

Ohio was 2nd in the nation in Future registrations Michigan 3rd (Illinois 1st)

3.Some state directors were using their status to help their teams get into events they shouldn't be at.
I do not believe to be true, teams will get into invites based on performance, they want the best.

Who knows

5.Left Coast SB Mafia, Not liking getting beat by our Ohio Midwest ladies at PGF nats.lol
That's for sure lol

I agree midwest is loaded with talent, and most of the kids they get from out west are not as good as the kids they have right here

7.Pure business decision
Does not apply since they did not pull out

?

JoeA1010

Reaction score
It sounds to me more like the free market pulled out of PGF, rather than PGF pulling out of the Midwest.

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Love these replys,All ways the most informed posters.I think Ohio's in good hands,looking forward to some great USSSA ,USSSA ELITE ,ASA,USA Events this summer.

lewam3

Reaction score
All I can say is that when PGF came to Ohio it was tied very closely to the Outlaws. PGF-who???? Wha??? Now there is a buzz of talk about USSSA and its also tied very closely to the Outlaws, and now its USSSA-who??? Wha??? All I know is that the Outlaws have produced some very very good teams over the past 4-5 years and have had a lot of young ladies signing with D1 schools over the same time period. Is this a PGF or an Outlaws phenomenon? I think we all can figure this out.

gatorcoach

Reaction score
Every Region and State has different alphabets that are the most popular. Not too far back if was NSA in Central/Southern Indiana (ASA in Northern) and then it was USFA. Now USSSA and UFO have taken the reignes. USSSA taking over in Indiana has a lot to with Tim Foster moving from USFA to USSSA. It is really not the clubs that make the alphabets popular, instead it is the Tournament Directors. The respected tournaments/TDs bring in the respected teams. In the end, there is somewhere for everyone to play and an end of year National/Regional for everyone and every level. Who cares if it is PGF, USSSA, USA ES, PONY, USFA, NSA, ASA, Etc, etc.... Play where you want and wherever fits your team's goals.

Last edited: