Whats your Goals for 2018?

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
We officially launched the new forums software and made some Goals to Achieve before June 2018.

1.) have the forum software running smoothly.

2.) Replace the error filled tournament list with a new Tournament List that had better search features and more detail information. You Can now see them results at tournaments2go.com

3.) Replace the tryout listing with more tools and features, we have started work on that and plan to have the beta version up and running before April.

4.) Combine everything together under one network.

Them are my Goals that were reaching for in 2018.

My question to everyone on the forum and this goes out to everyone Players, Coaches, Parents and Tournament Directors?

What's your Goals for 2018?

coachjwb

Reaction score
To convince Streak2010 that at least hitting and baserunning wristbands are great for teams and don't slow down the game. :)

To one day podcast another championship game with Ricky.

To convince my daughter to get back into college or high school coaching so I can assist her when I retire in about 2 years.

To watch some of the 2000 players I helped coach when they were 11U and 12U play in college very soon!

To see Stay in Softball continue to enable young ladies to play the game who might otherwise not be able to ... and/or to increase their skill level.

Irish196

Reaction score
To get a life so I can be prepared and have something to do when Meg leaves for college next year. If I’m not successful I guess I’ll have to follow through on my threat to go to college with her. ;)

Irish196

Reaction score
...To convince my daughter to get back into college or high school coaching so I can assist her when I retire in about 2 years.

To watch some of the 2000 players I helped coach when they were 11U and 12U play in college very soon!

To see Stay in Softball continue to enable young ladies to play the game who might otherwise not be able to ... and/or to increase their skill level.[/QUOTE]

All good ones Jeff!

Sarah is a natural- Meg learned a ton from her and really liked her as an instructor. I would love to watch a team you guys coached together.

I second your goal about Stay in Softball! I know the girls will be working hard to make that happen (and actually have a planning meeting tonight). They are also working hard on getting new and younger girls involved so that it keeps going - and growing when many of them leave for College next year.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
I'm going to watch The National play live 6 or 8 more times:

Drive down the road and watch my kid play a little college ball.

Maybe find a little gold out in California.

Take lots of cool pictures, get better at playing the bass, get a little stronger, faster, better.

...to be continued...

streak2010

Reaction score
To make sure everyone in our infield for the HS and 17u travel team wears a facemask

Realize that you can’t win a disagreement with someone that profits from the opposite view.

Vow to never hold a stay to play tournament.

22dad

Reaction score
To make sure everyone in our infield for the HS and 17u travel team wears afacemask

Saw a 14u pitcher and 3rd(Thunder) not wearing a mask. Softie balls but still.....

streak2010

Reaction score
I only coach those two teams currently but looks like I’m running a 10u rec team so .... they will wear them too!!

We have it in the rules (to wear a mask) handed out at the high school - I coach.

One day there will be a law named after a poor victim that makes it mandatory to wear a mask. It won’t be named after one of my players!

coachjwb

Reaction score
Streak ... I couldn't agree with you more on the facemasks. I'm glad you don't make it a choice for your teams, and I also hope it becomes a rule ... before it's named after someone. As for the post about not winning a disagreement, I realize you are referring to me and I just want to apologize. I very much respect your opinion to disagree about the wristbands. My post here about convincing you otherwise was strictly meant to be humorous for those who might have read both threads. But I do sincerely apologize if you felt disrespected.

In the meantime, I have a new goal for this year ... to get more healthy. I suffered a mild heart attack on Thursday, and just got home from the hospital a little bit ago. It was a real wake up call to me, and I just would like to urge everyone to have good diets and to find time to exercise, and also to know and not ignore warning signs and get to the hospital if your symptoms grow worse. I had what I thought was a bad case of heartburn on Thursday for a few hours, and then got to thinking about the fact that I had seemed to have been short of breath more recently. I was actually having a heart attack and fortunately had Stephanie take me to the hospital where I got it diagnosed and treated or I probably wouldn't be making this post, giving my daughter away in her marriage in June, or getting to enjoy my 3 beautiful grandchildren. Sometimes we take health for granted, but without good health, nothing else really matters.

streak2010

Reaction score
Wish you the best coachjwb and thanks for the kind words. God bless and hope you have a speedy recovery. Look forward to meeting you on the fields this season and laughing about the threads. Softball is a great game because of the people! Enjoy those grand kids!

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
Streak ... I couldn't agree with you more on the facemasks. I'm glad you don't make it a choice for your teams, and I also hope it becomes a rule ... before it's named after someone. As for the post about not winning a disagreement, I realize you are referring to me and I just want to apologize. I very much respect your opinion to disagree about the wristbands. My post here about convincing you otherwise was strictly meant to be humorous for those who might have read both threads. But I do sincerely apologize if you felt disrespected.

In the meantime, I have a new goal for this year ... to get more healthy. I suffered a mild heart attack on Thursday, and just got home from the hospital a little bit ago. It was a real wake up call to me, and I just would like to urge everyone to have good diets and to find time to exercise, and also to know and not ignore warning signs and get to the hospital if your symptoms grow worse. I had what I thought was a bad case of heartburn on Thursday for a few hours, and then got to thinking about the fact that I had seemed to have been short of breath more recently. I was actually having a heart attack and fortunately had Stephanie take me to the hospital where I got it diagnosed and treated or I probably wouldn't be making this post, giving my daughter away in her marriage in June, or getting to enjoy my 3 beautiful grandchildren. Sometimes we take health for granted, but without good health, nothing else really matters.

Jeff I'm so glad you got to the hospital and sure you will make a full recovery.

City Slicker

Reaction score

Jeff, get better soon.

Irish196

Reaction score

So sorry to hear that Jeff! Less number crunching and more relaxing! I hope you recover 100%

coachjwb

Reaction score
Thanks Karen and Mike. I think it has more to do with less artery blockage than number crunching, Karen, but I'm all for the more relaxing!