Chants

Morgan Sky

Reaction score
Was at a 10u tournament this weekend and the team that was up 15-0 after 2 innings was just relentless with the chanting. At what point do you "respectable" coaches tell your players to tone it down a little? I know it's part of the game, especially at 10u but I feel it can be demoralizing for a younger team and is that what we really want for our future players.

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are lucky they were not blaring music over there the entire game.........

Creek01

Reaction score
If they were doing it disrespectfully then the coach needs to tone it down. If they were winning and just having fun let them be kids. I honestly believe us adults get our feelings hurt more over this than the kids. We tend to take it too seriously (yes I have at times too).

At 10u we took some lumps from teams like Gators 01, Storm 01, Stingrays 01, etc. I know at times I left the field more upset than I should have been. Some of my reaction to the way we played I wish I could do over. Enjoy the games, don’t take it too seriously. There’s going to be a day when you wish you could do it all over with your dd again. Don’t let anyone else’s behavior effect the enjoyment of your dd playing a great game while she’s still a kid.

City Slicker

Reaction score
I honestly believe us adults get our feelings hurt more over this than the kids.

The kids notice it... no matter the age. Especially the chants that are directed at them.

Farmdad

Reaction score
Heeeyy Batter, Batter, Batter, Sa-Wing Batter...he can't hit, he can't hit, he can't hit Sa-Wing batter!

FastBat

Reaction score
My dd is older now 14u (not sure how that even happened), but I always noticed the girls were ridiculously loud in 10u with those darn chants/cheers. So, she had a younger sister and brother and when she would practice I made sure my younger kids were as loud as they wanted to be! Then, I would tell her to pretend like they were the other team cheering against her team and don't be distracted. Other times, I told her it's a compliment from the other team, they must be scared of her pitching (not just because she hits so many batters) and to swing her hips to the beat, she actually did, fun times! I miss 8/10U!

daboss

Reaction score
Please, get thicker skin than to complain about 10 yr. old kids chanting. Maybe all of you (parents and players) would be better served to focus more on why you're down 15 runs and work on fixing the problems that got you into that situation. Good Lord do you hear yourself??? lol

spike43207

Reaction score
Please, get thicker skin than to complain about 10 yr. old kids chanting. Maybe all of you (parents and players) would be better served to focus more on why you're down 15 runs and work on fixing the problems that got you into that situation. Good Lord do you hear yourself??? lol
Did you even read the post?

sammy

Reaction score
Usually at 10u it's the parents who are out of control. Three or four years experience usually fixes that as they figure out it's not about them, but all about the kids having fun.