Recommendation of late fall Showcase in South

absolute59

Reaction score
Have a team of 03’s and I am looking to take my team to a showcase event in the south in late October, November or early December.

Any suggestions of good events to play in. Thanks for any information.

Strohbro

Reaction score
October 26-28 D9 Sun Classic Fall Showcase Orlando, FL
November 3-4 Scenic City Fall Showcase Chattanooga, TN
November 10-11 Atlanta Legacy Veterans Tribute Atlanta, GA
November 17-18 Thumderbolts 5 Star Fall Showcase Birmingham, AL

Run26

Reaction score
Strohbro - nice list.

To the OP- if you are going to try to get into Strohbro's list you better start applying now and beef up your resume.

absolute59

Reaction score
Strohbro thanks. Run26 understand and thanks. Playing some top of line events this summer so we will see how we do.

WWolff

"Suck A Little Less Today"
Reaction score
Website
www.D1fastpitch.com
The longer I do this the more I realize that you don't have to go south or west unless you are a top organization you will never get the opportunity to be on the main fields and a waste of money in my opinion.
Unless you are looking it at being a softball vacation.
Look and see how many kids in Ohio ever play outside of a 6-hour radius.
So not really worth it in my opinion and the kids that do go further away usually do it by playing for an elite organization and going to those schools camp.

WWolff

Reaction score
Website
www.D1fastpitch.com
Also, I will be more than happy to help you in any way I can including recommendations, advice or knowledge of events just let me know.
My cell is 216-704-9908

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
The longer I do this the more I realize that you don't have to go south or west unless you are a top organization you will never get the opportunity to be on the main fields and a waste of money in my opinion.
Unless you are looking it at being a softball vacation.
Look and see how many kids in Ohio ever play outside of a 6-hour radius.
So not really worth it in my opinion and the kids that do go further away usually do it by playing for an elite organization and going to those schools camp.

I've been saying this for 15 years, maybe sooner or later they will understand. You will get more bang for you buck, by player closer to the colleges that actually have something to gain by recruiting locally.

WWolff

Reaction score
Website
www.D1fastpitch.com
I've been saying this for 15 years, maybe sooner or later they will understand. You will get more bang for you buck, by player closer to the colleges that actually have something to gain by recruiting locally.
Rick when I'm talking locally I mean the states that are touching your state or two states away.
The one thing also is also your research and if you are going to go to a showcase make sure that the event/director has a history of getting the teams that attract college coaches, but your job to get them to your game.
A lot of people will call it a showcase and you will only get zero coaches. So be careful and talk to people that have been through it recently because a lot of events that were good 7-10 years ago are no longer. I'm here to help anyone if they have questions about recruiting or Showcases.