Easton Ghost(USSSA Model)

Justamom

Reaction score
I saw a girl try to use the illegal one this past weekend. As soon as the blue stopped the game one of her teammates immediately ran out the legal bat with stamp. (This was a USSSA event).

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
I saw a girl try to use the illegal one this past weekend. As soon as the blue stopped the game one of her teammates immediately ran out the legal bat with stamp. (This was a USSSA event).

Wouldn't that be as soon as the "Red" stopped the game......Sorry couldn't resist. :D

We could go for weeks on the use of "blue".

Our National director spoke about the bat in his weekly Facebook update on our officials page. This isn't restricted just to the USA version of the Ghost. Once in awhile you might see an older girl try to use an Anderson Rocket Tech without a stamp. Not permitted because there was no grandfathering of bats.

FastBat

Reaction score
Folks if your going to spread information, at least take a second to verify the correct information with an official of USSSA. The original bat is not permitted and will never be permitted in USSSA events. Our lawyer sat there at the national meeting last fall and told us it won't happen. The original bat tests too low on the compression machine they use for bats that use the 1.2 BPF standard. That is why Easton was not permitted to put the USSSA thumb print on it.

If you see one in an USSSA game, it is because it has not been caught yet but we will get it once made aware of it.

Sometimes "they" just don't get it!
My dd played in a USSSA tourney in MI last month and I took it out of her bag before I pulled out of the driveway.

I heard that bat wasn't legal in USSSA tourneys. Her team was only in one USSSA tourney this year, that being the only one. I didn't make a huge fuss about not being "allowed" to use her new ghost bat, because it was cold and I didn't mind her hitting with last year's bat in that early (somewhat cold) May tourney.

From here out though, she'll be swinging with her ghost so she won't be getting 11 K's in a row. (The more expensive the bat the less K's, right?;))

So there is one version with a USSSA stamp? Yes or no?

Last edited:

snoman76

Reaction score
My dd played in a USSSA tourney in MI last month and I took it out of her bag before I pulled out of the driveway.

I heard that bat wasn't legal in USSSA tourneys. Her team was only in one USSSA tourney this year, that being the only one. I didn't make a huge fuss about not being "allowed" to use her new ghost bat, because it was cold and I didn't mind her hitting with last year's bat in that early (somewhat cold) May tourney.

From here out though, she'll be swinging with her ghost so she won't be getting 11 K's in a row. (The more expensive the bat the less K's, right?;))

So there is one version with a USSSA stamp? Yes or no?

Yes, Easton made one (black and yellow) that is USSSA approved. I believe they are now hitting the market.
I wonder if a team is playing a strict USSSA schedule and a girl has the black and blue one if Easton would exchange it....

FastBat

Reaction score
Yes, Easton made one (black and yellow) that is USSSA approved. I believe they are now hitting the market.
I wonder if a team is playing a strict USSSA schedule and a girl has the black and blue one if Easton would exchange it....
I would think that's doubtful, but depends on where you bought it. It would probably be easier to sell it on eBay or on the internet. I would think there are some who would like to buy a broken/slightly used ghost bat. But, IDK?

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com

I will post a picture of what the USSSA approved one looks like then stay out of the conversation. To the original poster, there are not many out yet so you may not find anyone this far north in the US that has one yet. But maybe someone has one and can comment.

item-29940-4l.jpg
item-29940-1l.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-5_14-2-20.png
    upload_2018-6-5_14-2-20.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 6