Finesse '05 - Henegar

Shane

Reaction score
Mother nature reminded us who is boss this past weekend. The Finesse '05 squad was lucky enough to play 2 on Friday and then Saturday and Sunday were both wash outs at the Marathon Diamond Complex in Findlay. We were in a great position to make a run entering bracket play but mother nature had other plans. Here are the details from our rain shortened weekend......
Finesse '05 v. Lady Irish '05 = 10-5 win
Finesse '05 v. Wizards Gold '05 = 19-4 win
Not nearly enough ball to provide player spotlights this time around. Our 2017/18 record stands at 38-11. We are trying to have our team in tip top shape for some big tournaments on the horizon such as MI States and Stingrays. Thus far this season I think our roster has proven hitting is contagious, not many easy outs exist in our lineup, the girls are doing a great job of passing the bat! Safe travels to all!!

Shane

Reaction score
The Finesse '05 - Henegar team visited Dorothy B. Biddle Park in Wauseon, Ohio..as a side note a wonderful facility that is about 4 fields shy of hosting some large events. City officials are looking to build 4 more fields, which would give them 8 total fields with lights. If that was the case, northwest Ohio facilities such as CYO and Rolf Park would have some serious competition. We competed in the 6th annual Tomahawk Toss, an ASA national qualifier event. The competition presented some new faces and mother nature turned up the heat on Saturday and Sunday. An odd fact to this tournament, seeding into a single elimination tournament was based upon runs scored. Not sure this is a good idea as it gives incentive to running up the score. Here are the results......
Finesse '05 v. Grove City Racers 12U = 7-1 win
Finesse '05 v. Rage 12U Roberts = 15-0 win
Finesse '05 v. Sliderz 12U = 18-0 win
Finesse '05 v. Grove City Racers 12U = 14-4 win
Finesse '05 v. Wizards Frenzy 11U = 12-5 win (championship)
*the Grove City squad is a well coached team with some solid softball players, not to be under estimated
Player spotlights:
Offense = #17 (McKenna) 17 PA, 16 AB, 9 H (2 2B), 8 RBI, 10 R, .563 BA
Defense = #18 (Macy, splitting time b/t C, CF, and SS) 20 TC, 2 A, 18 PO, 1.000 FPCT, 18 innings caught, 1 SB-ATT, 1 CS, 1.000 CS%
Pitching = #24 (Hayley) 10 IP, 2 GS, 2 W, 0 ER, 4 H, 9 SO, .000 ERA, 6 inning no-hitter v. Sliderz 12U

Shane

Reaction score
A little late to positing (that is an understatement), we played in the Independence Day Classis in Maumee/Toledo, Ohio from 6-22 to 6-24. Mother nature washed out our games on Saturday and the TD decided to eliminate the bracket play portion of the tournament and simply have the teams complete their pool play schedule. Here are the results....
Finesse '05 v. Lady Irish '05 = 16-0 win
Finesse '05 v. Wizards Frenzy Elite = 12-0 win
Finesse '05 v. Devils Fastpitch = 9-6 win
Finesse '05 v. Pittsburgh Spirit Futures = 17-0 win
Finesse '05 v. NWO Heat = 15-0 win
Player spotlights:
Offense = #50 (Delaney) 15 PA, 13 AB, 8 H (4 2B), 7 RBI, 10 R, .615 BA, .923 SLG
Defense = #18 (Macy, splitting time b/t C, SS, RF, and 1B) 20 TC, 3 A, 17 PO, 1.000 FPCT, 8 innings caught, no att. steals
Pitching = #24 (Hayley) 8 IP, 2 GS, 2 W, 0 ER, 0 H, 12 SO, .000 ERA, 2 4 inning no hitters v. Wizards Frenzy Elite & NWO Heat
*next up we travel north for USSSA MI State Tournament in Canton this weekend, competition will be much improved, excited to see how the girls respond
*overall record 48-11 (includes fall, winter, spring & summer)

Shane

Reaction score
We traveled north for the USSSA MI State Tournament in Canton, MI this past weekend. The competition was good and the games were competitive, we just did not execute often enough to come out on top. Here are the results...
Finesse '05 v. Turnin2 Bradshaw = 4-3 win
Finesse '05 v. Ann Arbor Gold = 8-3 loss
Finesse '05 v. Hudsonville Havoc = 10-8 loss
Finesse '05 v. Michigan Batbusters = 9-8 loss
Player spotlights:
Offense = #24 (Hayley) 12 PA, 12 AB, 6 H (1 3B), 3 RBI, 4 R, .500 BA
Defense = gloves were left at home : (
Pitching = very mediocre weekend in the circle
*next up we travel south for the Stingrays Tournament in Columbus this coming weekend
*overall record 49-14 (includes fall, winter, spring & summer)

Shane

Reaction score
Well folks (aka softball junkies) it has been fun keeping you all up to date on the happenings of the Finesse '05 - Henegar squad but the ride will soon come to an end. My DD has been offered a roster spot with another club and she accepted. With the change, it brings my time in the dugout to an end (at least for now, I hope to return as a non-parent coach someday). I knew looking for the non-parent coach situation would place in jeopardy my time in the dugout but I thought Macy dealing with the highs and lows without her dad being in the dugout will ultimately prepare her for HS and hopefully college ball. Cheers to a new adventure and new challenges for Macy!! #10,000viewsstillwithinreach

DLamb

Reaction score
Was reading and catching up. Good luck with what the future brings.