Will This Ever Happen

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
It really all depends on what age group you are looking at. Some organizations are strong in one age group and another organization is stronger in another age group. I would say that if you looked at each group the Outlaws, Lasers, Bandits, Hawks, and Stringrays are generally pretty strong for the most part. The Doom is strong in the older girls but really drops off as they get younger. Still time to turn that around obviously though.

TheHitKing

Reaction score
FYI: Bandits05 have won all 4 matchups since last fall against Outlaws as well as taken 2 out of 3 from MVxpress, not to mention multiple wins over Indiana Dreams and 2 14u tournament championships playing up, most recently at the USSSA Southern State Tourney..The 05 teams are all tough talent wise..

Last edited:

manitoudan

Reaction score
A single team doing superb within an org that has 5-7 teams isnt enough . Orgs are judged by their overall depth and competitiveness at every age group . And the amount of college players they get rides for . Not having a impressive regular season run . Just the way it is .. another way to view it is how good are the teams at 16 and 18U , To me , my opinion only , a good team that gets college coach butts in the seats to watch to play is worth far far more than a 10U state championship or going 66-1 at 12U ... thats all fine n dandy . The checks are written at 16u .

TheHitKing

Reaction score
Very true about “ checks written “ at 16u. I think the majority of the organizations spoken of in this thread are strong all the way through the age groups.

brownsfan

Reaction score
A single team doing superb within an org that has 5-7 teams isnt enough . Orgs are judged by their overall depth and competitiveness at every age group . And the amount of college players they get rides for . Not having a impressive regular season run . Just the way it is .. another way to view it is how good are the teams at 16 and 18U , To me , my opinion only , a good team that gets college coach butts in the seats to watch to play is worth far far more than a 10U state championship or going 66-1 at 12U ... thats all fine n dandy . The checks are written at 16u .

I think that's what the OP was talking about. All four teams he mentioned is strong from the younger age groups to the older ones.

Since there are those who feel slighted on the OP's proposal, how about this? All top orgs in the area. The area includes OH, PA, In, IL, KY, etc. One team per org only per age group and not a team from same org representing two states. It's org versus org in each age group. The top 15 players from same org in said age group that represents the org in a typical tourney format. The fees (minus field and ump fees and split five ways (10/12/14/16/18U)) go to a charity of the winning orgs (per age group) choice. Who cares what association (ASA/NSA/PGF/etc) they belong to. Use NFHS rules. This a charity event which shows the softball world giving back to the community. Central location...C-bus, OH. Maybe work something out with OSU to use their stadium for the championship.

okiedad1961

Reaction score
I think that's what the OP was talking about. All four teams he mentioned is strong from the younger age groups to the older ones.

Since there are those who feel slighted on the OP's proposal, how about this? All top orgs in the area. The area includes OH, PA, In, IL, KY, etc. One team per org only per age group and not a team from same org representing two states. It's org versus org in each age group. The top 15 players from same org in said age group that represents the org in a typical tourney format. The fees (minus field and ump fees and split five ways (10/12/14/16/18U)) go to a charity of the winning orgs (per age group) choice. Who cares what association (ASA/NSA/PGF/etc) they belong to. Use NFHS rules. This a charity event which shows the softball world giving back to the community. Central location...C-bus, OH. Maybe work something out with OSU to use their stadium for the championship.
Don't most of these orgs do this all ready by doing a private invitational.Yes Lasers don't invite Outlaws ,and they don't invite Lasers .None of these or others can guarantee your kid will play in college.I'd say someone outside these orgs would have to organise it ,even then it would be a stretch .Most of them stay away from each until the meet at tourneys too afraid players will jump ship if the grass is greener.I doubt it will ever happen.
As far as the question of having one team of the best of several teams in these orgs ,there's way too many parents that think there kid should be on there,could destroy your Org with all the parents bickering about it.

Creek01

Reaction score
Our Doom team just this week got to play a lot of teams in the organizations mentioned in this thread while we were in Indy. Love playing against great teams like Lasers, Outlaws, Hawks, Dreams, Turnin 2 like we got to do this weekend.

MaddKennaMax

Reaction score
Team Ohio White had a good showing out at the firecracker this weekend. Tied for 5th out of 93 in Indy. That was a great tournament and Grand Park is a top notch facility. Parking could be better but overall a great place to play ball.