score keepers

sorcerer mickey

Reaction score
I attended a game today and followed it on gamechanger at the same time. the opponent had a runner on first with one out. the batter hit a ground ball to shortstop who threw the ball to 2nd for a force out. on gamechanger the scorer gave the batter a single. then i noticed it was the father of the batter keeping score. if you are going to keep score please be fair.

Packrat

Reaction score
I attended a game today and followed it on gamechanger at the same time. the opponent had a runner on first with one out. the batter hit a ground ball to shortstop who threw the ball to 2nd for a force out. on gamechanger the scorer gave the batter a single. then i noticed it was the father of the batter keeping score. if you are going to keep score please be fair.
Happens all the time it’s even worse in high school ball

BretMan2

TSZ/OFC Umpire in Chief
Reaction score
So...do you think the guy was intentionally cheating, or was he just ignorant as to the scoring rules?

josie

Reaction score
north central-northwest central-central ohio
Sometimes it's hard to keep score on game changer. And hard to correct once it's in. Not saying your scorekeeper didn't do that on purpose, but I know the person who keeps it for my daughters team had the incorrect batting order due to coach making a last minute change and is complicated to fix. Sometimes a good old fashioned scorebook is much easier.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes it's hard to keep score on game changer. And hard to correct once it's in. Not saying your scorekeeper didn't do that on purpose, but I know the person who keeps it for my daughters team had the incorrect batting order due to coach making a last minute change and is complicated to fix. Sometimes a good old fashioned scorebook is much easier.
Game changer has made some upgrades over the years and if you know how to use it... it is very easy to make changes and load line ups right before the game starts. You can make changes and add things on the fly. Its not that hard. JMHO

mroby5172

Reaction score

I think game changer is great and very easy to use. The only issue that I have is that teams cannot properly fill out a line up card, that makes it difficult. I have yet to get one that is correct this year. They should all have number, last name and starting position, it is not that difficult. None have the starting position, most have first name(I could care less about their first name, the last I checked first name is not on the jersey) and some without a number. So frustrating!

Creek01

Reaction score
We should put rules in place for softball parents to try to live by.
1. Do not pay attention to game changer stats! It will only cause parents frustration.

Watch your kid play ball & enjoy the ride. You can get caught up in the nonsense of it all. No 2 people will ever score a game the same way even if they are trying to do it right.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think game changer is great and very easy to use. The only issue that I have is that teams cannot properly fill out a line up card, that makes it difficult. I have yet to get one that is correct this year. They should all have number, last name and starting position, it is not that difficult. None have the starting position, most have first name(I could care less about their first name, the last I checked first name is not on the jersey) and some without a number. So frustrating!
b4 game starts just put in the 9-10 "placecard holders" and then during the game you can edit their numbers (dont care about names) as soon as they go up to bat. If you listen to the other team cheering you can usually get their name too. And if the scorecards are not complete.... the ump should not let the game start until it is understood and or complete.

Creek01

Reaction score
Dan without a doubt there is bias in scoring games. It comes from parents of players, high school coaches trying to get their players awards & then there is plain ignorance. We all know it happens. It’s something that you got to let roll off your back or it’ll drive you crazy. I believe there’s a faction of high school coaches that are worse than any parent when it comes to stats. When you see a team under .500 yet they have 4 of the Top 10 hitters in a conference I’m pretty sure the coach is padding stats.

Long Baller

Reaction score
I like game changer for parents to follow a game live if they aren't at the event. It's bad when there is a parent that is either bias or just plain ignorant of the scoring rules running it. It's absolutely awful when a coach used those bad stats to make lineup decisions.

winward65

Reaction score
Gamechanger!! its sure does change the game! In every circumstance that my DD has played on the one owning or "volunteering" for the GC has padded their DD, or the friends of their DD. The absolutely worst part is that some have even given either errors, or other ways to discredit fellow "teammates" who might be competing with their DD or friends for a spot in the lineup, or field.

I sincerely believe that this GC app, has caused more harm then good to the sport, especially one that is so hyper focused on the STATS!! There are 10, 9, and now 8 year olds!!! worried about their OBP!!! all because GC allows anyone and everyone to immediately calculate ! I have seen parents yelling at the GC "volunteer" for giving an error to the opposing team on the field, because it will affect their DD's AVG !!!!

its too much power for one man / women to hold on a team where stats are like gold!

mroby5172

Reaction score
Gamechanger!! its sure does change the game! In every circumstance that my DD has played on the one owning or "volunteering" for the GC has padded their DD, or the friends of their DD. The absolutely worst part is that some have even given either errors, or other ways to discredit fellow "teammates" who might be competing with their DD or friends for a spot in the lineup, or field.

I sincerely believe that this GC app, has caused more harm then good to the sport, especially one that is so hyper focused on the STATS!! There are 10, 9, and now 8 year olds!!! worried about their OBP!!! all because GC allows anyone and everyone to immediately calculate ! I have seen parents yelling at the GC "volunteer" for giving an error to the opposing team on the field, because it will affect their DD's AVG !!!!

its too much power for one man / women to hold on a team where stats are like gold!

Can't the person using the old fashioned scorebook manipulate stats just as easy as using game changer? Seems to me the person doing the scoring needs to know what they are doing and do it fairly/correctly....

Stedman00

Reaction score
Can't the person using the old fashioned scorebook manipulate stats just as easy as using game changer? Seems to me the person doing the scoring needs to know what they are doing and do it fairly/correctly....

but paper book not visible to all instantly on line. That's the problem.

Packrat

Reaction score
There too many stats for everything except for the one that means the most witch is how do they play under pressure situations. Do get the hit when the team need it or make that great play to end the game or get that strike out when he bases are loaded

Stedman00

Reaction score
Only coaches can see the teams stats if set up properly on gamechanger. Confirmed family members can only see their childs stats

and when their DD's batting average drops? Hit vs FC or ROE? Or the ERA changes due to hits versus errors?

I've seen all sorts of stat padding in school ball. How about the general rule that if Outfielder has to take more than 2-3 steps and doesn't catch a fly ball, they rule as hit. Even if it was routine fly ball (ordinary effort) and hits the glove???

Justamom

Reaction score
Our high school score keeper's daughter had no errors this season. :rolleyes:

number5

Reaction score
Here is a thought. You all own a smart phone and GameChanger is free to use. How about keeping your own kids stats. Then all the complaining can go away. But we know that will not happen because there are those that live on here to beat the other guy down. I have thick skin so let’s watch the complainers come out of the woodwork.

Last edited:

Long Baller

Reaction score
Just curious, how can there be a single scored if an out was made? Wouldn't the innings be out of sync in game changer with what is going on in the game? o_O