score keepers

tschromm3

Reaction score
So glad this Post appeared. I “know of a team” who is having some in-fighting over game changer stats. One side of the argument is that college coaches want to see the stats off game changer. I’m pretty confident in believing that no college coach in their right mind would put any stock at all in stats created by parents on game changer. Am I wrong?

Last edited:

Packrat

Reaction score
Here is a thought. You all own a smart phone and GameChanger is free to use. How about keeping your own kids stats. Then all the complaining can go away. But we know that will not happen because there are those that live on here to beat the other guy down. I have thick skin and my DD is playing College ball. So let’s watch the complainers come out of the woodwork.
That would fun to see and compare everyone’s stats. How many of the parents do you think would have the same stats ?

hammerhead20

Reaction score
I do GC for my daughter's team and think I do the exact opposite. I have taken away hits and added errors to my daughter that for some of the other kids I probably would not have. Of course every team also has that one parent that thinks every time their kid hits the ball in play it should be a hit and whenever they make an error it is someone else is to blame. On questionable calls I cede to the parents around me. I'll ask for their opinion on a borderline call. Also, the one stat that is the worst at 10 and 12U is steals. Not to pick on moms to much, but those that do GC don't know what Defensive Indifference is.

tschromm3

Reaction score
I do GC for my daughter's team and think I do the exact opposite. I have taken away hits and added errors to my daughter that for some of the other kids I probably would not have. Of course every team also has that one parent that thinks every time their kid hits the ball in play it should be a hit and whenever they make an error it is someone else is to blame. On questionable calls I cede to the parents around me. I'll ask for their opinion on a borderline call. Also, the one stat that is the worst at 10 and 12U is steals. Not to pick on moms to much, but those that do GC don't know what Defensive Indifference is.
Exactly how it should be done! I would be willing to bet I led the country in "ROE" when my old man did our book. He hated to give me hits!!

USAUmp1

Reaction score
I attended a game today and followed it on gamechanger at the same time. the opponent had a runner on first with one out. the batter hit a ground ball to shortstop who threw the ball to 2nd for a force out. on gamechanger the scorer gave the batter a single. then i noticed it was the father of the batter keeping score. if you are going to keep score please be fair.
Keeping score is objective, especially when one person does it. Keeping score becomes subjective when it's the score keepers child.

sorcerer mickey

Reaction score
Only coaches can see the teams stats if set up properly on gamechanger. Confirmed family members can only

sorcerer mickey

Reaction score
I can understand questionable calls. but with a girl at first with no outs and the batter hits a grounder to shortstop and the force out is made at 2nd it is not questionable. must have to manipulate gamechanger pretty hard to come up with a single for your daughter , Cory Rogers of Usssa Pride 14u

USAUmp1

Reaction score
So glad this Post appeared. I “know of a team” who is having some in-fighting over game changer stats. One side of the argument is that college coaches want to see the stats off game changer. I’m pretty confident in believing that no college coach in their right mind would put any stock at all in stats created by parents on game changer. Am I wrong?
You are correct.

Packrat

Reaction score
I talk to college coaches every weekend. The next time someone asks me for our stats will be the first time someone asks me for our stats. Unless gpa & act scores count as stats[/QUOT
This quote is for all you 10 and 12 U parents out there listen to this man