top 14U teams?

Run26

Reaction score
Lasers Black, Gold and Blue

jpkeating

Reaction score
Let’s see how long it takes this thread to go to shit.
My guess is in another 5 post

softballdad04

Reaction score
i didn't realize this was a sore subject on here.
let me change my question.
what 14U teams in ohio compete at the highest level nationally?

DougL

Reaction score
Website
www.ohiohawks.com
My new 14u Gold team will absolutely compete and follow the path our 16u/18u team set this year. I am evaluating 14u players now, the team is already in the Scenic City Super Pool for fall and Power Pool at Diamond 9 in Orlando.

The Hawks Gold teams won USA/ASA 16u State, came in 3rd at 14u USA State, finished 1st ,2nd, and 3rd in 18u Dayton Metro, won 12u Dayton Metro, 2nd 14u Dayton Metro, won 18u GAPSS, won 16u PGF National Qualifier to go to Huntington, CA, won the 18u National Gold Qualifier in NJ, we are sending teams to USA Softball Gold Nationals (Texas), PGF Nationals (California), USA Gold Nationals in Washington and we have 3 Gold teams competing in 2 weeks at the USA Softball JO Cup in St Louis. Only the top 32 teams at each age in the country are invited to play, entry is $3000 per team.

Our 18u Gold team is currently playing in ASA Gold 18u in Dallas - after beating a great Virginia Unity team that won ASA Gold last year and was 22-1 this year last night, they advanced to the final 4 in the winners bracket.

Run26

Reaction score
My new 14u Gold team will absolutely compete and follow the path our 16u/18u team set this year. I am evaluating 14u players now, the team is already in the Scenic City Super Pool for fall and Power Pool at Diamond 9 in Orlando.

The Hawks Gold teams won USA/ASA 16u State, came in 3rd at 14u USA State, finished 1st ,2nd, and 3rd in 18u Dayton Metro, won 12u Dayton Metro, 2nd 14u Dayton Metro, won 18u GAPSS, won 16u PGF National Qualifier to go to Huntington, CA, won the 18u National Gold Qualifier in NJ, we are sending teams to USA Softball Gold Nationals (Texas), PGF Nationals (California), USA Gold Nationals in Washington and we have 3 Gold teams competing in 2 weeks at the USA Softball JO Cup in St Louis. Only the top 32 teams at each age in the country are invited to play, entry is $3000 per team.

Our 18u Gold team is currently playing in ASA Gold 18u in Dallas - after beating a great Virginia Unity team that won ASA Gold last year and was 22-1 this year last night, they advanced to the final 4 in the winners bracket.
Stop plugging. We get it. Post this info in the tryouts section where it should be. This veiled attempt at getting girls to your teams does not belong on the Gen board.

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
I’m never afraid to take the bait, so here we go, I would imagine that you are talking next year. Ton of changes going to be happening this coming August with a 2 New 04 Hawk teams forming, 2 New 04 Laser teams and a possible new Outlaws 04 team, and in the 05 division multiple new teams coming about also.

The 04 Teams - Bandits DeMarini, Hawks, Lasers, Outlaws

Interested to see what 05 teams start traveling nationally outside of Outlaws Johnson05 and Bandits Yates05, I’m pretty sure you can add Lasers Blue into that mix, Harbold05 Outlaws/Hawks possibly, but I’m really interested in Wizards Elite05 team and why they haven’t gotten snatched in by a PGF team like a Finesse or Batbusters yet. Watched them and they seem to have it all....

DougL

Reaction score
Website
www.ohiohawks.com
Stop plugging. We get it. Post this info in the tryouts section where it should be. This veiled attempt at getting girls to your teams does not belong on the Gen board.
Hey he asked. Feel free to post any other org that plays a more national schedule

Run26

Reaction score
Hey he asked. Feel free to post any other org that plays a more national schedule
He asked "Who are the top 14U teams right now" not next year. You wrote something about a future team and pounded on more backslapping on your current 16U & 18U teams that have absolutely nothing to do with the OP. Your teams are great but put the plugs in the tryout section.

DougL

Reaction score
Website
www.ohiohawks.com
He wrote,

So I directly answered his question with a new team I am putting together and some background on why they will play a national schedule. Due to the nature of his question, he obviously does not know ..and yes I did plug some.

DougL

Reaction score
Website
www.ohiohawks.com
but I’m really interested in Wizards Elite05 team and why they haven’t gotten snatched in by a PGF team like a Finesse or Batbusters yet. Watched them and they seem to have it all....

Not seen the Wiz 05... I hope so, we need more 14u talented teams... esp ones that will head out on a more national stage. Most OH teams are satisfied with playing Ohio, Indiana schedule with a Scenic City thrown in. I always admired Laser Green, Lee went out and won in Colorado, ASA A and Scenic City, you have to respect that, but he was not the norm.

OHsoftball

Reaction score

my daughter plays for Outlaws - schmeiser....we played IDT Colorado, Demarini Invite, outlaws, PGF qualifier in NJ, aunt rosies 16U, ...will play in JO Cup next week then PGF Premier Nationals in Cali the following week.

DougL

Reaction score
Website
www.ohiohawks.com
my daughter plays for Outlaws - schmeiser....we played IDT Colorado, Demarini Invite, outlaws, PGF qualifier in NJ, aunt rosies 16U, ...will play in JO Cup next week then PGF Premier Nationals in Cali the following week.
Yes, I saw that the only other Ohio team at the JO Cup I believe... good luck I am looking forward to watching you all play.

Packrat

Reaction score
He wrote,

So I directly answered his question with a new team I am putting together and some background on why they will play a national schedule. Due to the nature of his question, he obviously does not know ..and yes I did plug some.
Nothing wrong with your post my dd has played against your team for years all are very good teams. Also both players and coaches represent your org with class keep it going and good luck at all the national events

Packrat

Reaction score
Getting tired of all the political correctness and everyone gets a trophy mentality. If you have success nothing wrong with talking about it. Going nationally is not for everybody but I’m glad someone is in Ohio

wow

Reaction score
The better question is "how are the best 14u teams in Ohio, fairing playing outside Ohio?"

Hmmmmmmmm.................

tjsmize3

Reaction score
The better question is "how are the best 14u teams in Ohio, fairing playing outside Ohio?"

Hmmmmmmmm.................
Rarely do people putting "hmmmm...." in their posts not try to stir the pot, but assuming you really wanted to know, here is a synopsis of what we have done so far on the Outlaws Premier 14u.

We set a goal at the beginning of last season to play the HIGHEST level of ball that we possibly could each weekend for the best possible gain in experience and college exposure. We have been able to get invites to the DeMarini in Chicago and the IDT in Boulder, as well as the JO Cup. On those dates those are the strongest available teams assembled in the US for us to play against. In other words, we feel those are the best tournaments you can play in those weeks anywhere. We were also able to qualify for PGF Premier this year which again, we feel is the best Nationals in the country. Last year as a 13u team playing PGF Platinum we took 17th.... we will see what this year holds playing Premier as 14u.... very, very tough teams!
We have 4/11 girls committed to Washington, Penn State, NC State and BGSU. 3/11 girls took offers and let them ride to Sept 1 of their junior year making the total D1 offers for this group (before they played an inning of HS ball in their freshman year) 7/11 girls. To me... this is what travel ball is truly about.

However, If you are more concerned about tournament wins and losses out of state:
We won the New Jersey PGF Qualifier (undefeated) with wins over MN Breakers, New Jersey MC Belles, PA Chaos Nationals and PA Chaos Premier
We took 2nd place in our own tournament beating out-of-state Finesse Nieto, Beverly Bandits Woodward, SoCal A's, Finesse Hool, Indy Shockwaves Harvey
We then played up at 16u in Aunt Rosies. When the rain came and cancelled the tournament we were still alive in the final 8 teams. As an Ohio comparison, we beat a pretty strong Pittsburgh Spirit 16u Niglio team who beat the Joseforsky Hawks team twice in GAPPS and made it to the final 4. Always hard to compare when playing out of our age group though.
We then went to IDT and beat SoCal Breakers 7-0, Corona Angels 10-4 (they were 1 of the final 4 in brackets) and IL Force 7-1. Bad news is we lost 5 games: SoCal Choppers (last year's 14u IDT winners) 4-5, OC Batbusters Garcia 2-3, as well as losses to MO Aces, Bandits and Tx Glory
Last week in the DeMarini Invitational we ran into our first SNAFU. We had a pitcher injury that left us using 1 pitcher for ALL 6 games. We did have another pitcher guest for us 1 game, but she left after 3 innings leaving us with 1 pitcher throwing 28 innings for the long weekend (Probably why Penn State loves this kid!!!). We were able to get a 1st game win against St. Louis Chaos Beatty 5-3 and a Friday afternoon tie against Tx Glory 4-4 (streamed live on Extra Innings), but otherwise dropped 3 in pool and then our first bracket game 6-7 in ITB against NJ Intensity 14u KOD
So for 2018 this group has a record of 21-13-1 against the toughest competition we can find to face. Very proud of this group and all they accomplished through hard work and dedication to the game.

Extra Innings Pre-Tournament article (our team was included): https://extrainningsoftball.com/dem...ase-who-to-watch-how-to-watch-live-streaming/

Last edited: