HOPES TURN AT BAT

Stupid Jim

Reaction score
Does any body know what happened in the 18u bracket? I heard that the cops had to be called

jpkeating

Reaction score
At 18u, wow thing are usally really mellow at that age

tschromm3

Reaction score
That's a shame. Hope nothing too serious. We had a great time there.

Justamom

Reaction score
I don't know about the cops. There was a girl hit in the face with a ball. An ambulance came and took her to the hospital.

Stupid Jim

Reaction score
I was talking with one of the players, she gave me one side of the story, I was just wondering if any body had seen of heard anything, well, here is her side of the story: they were playing a team in bracket play that they played in pool, somebody noticed that there were different girls on the team, some parents looked up the girls and found out that two of them were not legal, I guess they were too old. they took it to the coach, he took it to the umpires and asked to see the roster. the TD shows up, and the team never submitted a roster prior to the beginning of the tournament. the coach wanted to know how they could be playing without a roster, and I guess that's when some of the parents started to duke it out, and that's when the cops were called. if this is not correct, someone please let me know, I was not there, but I do know some of the players really well.

Chardon Storm

Reaction score
I don't know about the cops. There was a girl hit in the face with a ball. An ambulance came and took her to the hospital.
That was at a 16U game. I saw her being carted away and loaded on an ambulance. Anyone know if she is ok? Same thing with pitcher on Buckeye Charge who took a line drive to the ankle- hope she's ok

Emily

Reaction score
I was talking with one of the players, she gave me one side of the story, I was just wondering if any body had seen of heard anything, well, here is her side of the story: they were playing a team in bracket play that they played in pool, somebody noticed that there were different girls on the team, some parents looked up the girls and found out that two of them were not legal, I guess they were too old. they took it to the coach, he took it to the umpires and asked to see the roster. the TD shows up, and the team never submitted a roster prior to the beginning of the tournament. the coach wanted to know how they could be playing without a roster, and I guess that's when some of the parents started to duke it out, and that's when the cops were called. if this is not correct, someone please let me know, I was not there, but I do know some of the players really well.
Was it a team from the 10U age group???

Energy-vp

Reaction score
The 16U girl ended up with a broken orbital bone in her face from ball that skipped off of a baserunners helmet on a steal throwdown play at second base. She did NOT have on a face mask that definitely would have prevented this. Parents Please make your kids wear them!!!! even the older ones that do not think its cool and feel indestructible. A bad hop or in this case a deflected ball can and likely will happen at some point.