Does anyone make a girls first basemans glove for fastpitch in 14 inch?

DW@SBC

Reaction score
Does anyone make a girls first basemans glove for fastpitch in 14 inch?

Thanks for any help.

alborules

Reaction score
Website
www.thesoftballzone.com
I have not seen any over 13" for fast pitch and 13.5" for slow pitch. I don't believe anyone makes a women's 14" fast pitch mitt because that is the largest size allowed. If it is manufactured as 14" and then stretches during break in, it will measure more than 14" and be illegal.

DW@SBC

Reaction score
I have not seen any over 13" for fast pitch and 13.5" for slow pitch. I don't believe anyone makes a women's 14" fast pitch mitt because that is the largest size allowed. If it is manufactured as 14" and then stretches during break in, it will measure more than 14" and be illegal.

I played softball for 30 years and most top slowpitch players use 14 inch gloves. Today the top slowpitch players use 15 inch gloves.

alborules

Reaction score
Website
www.thesoftballzone.com
I played softball for 30 years and most top slowpitch players use 14 inch gloves. Today the top slowpitch players use 15 inch gloves.

Although I gave a size for slowpitch that I have seen, the OP is looking for Women's Fast Pitch 1B mitts. Maximum legal size in Women's Fast Pitch is 14".

CoachB25

Reaction score
Rawlings made one for 1st base. They were not popular as they were too big for young lady's hands and they also were "floppy." 13" seems to be the choice of many. My dd has a 13" and it works just fine. Here is a funny pic of her when a ball was hit to the pitcher who gunned the ball toward her from about 12 feet. My dd had just made it back to 1st and turned to find the ball in flight. She had to react fast. There is a good look at her Rawlings mitt.

Attachments

• IMG_4473.jpg
    IMG_4473.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2427.jpg
    IMG_2427.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

DW@SBC

Reaction score
Although I gave a size for slowpitch that I have seen, the OP is looking for Women's Fast Pitch 1B mitts. Maximum legal size in Women's Fast Pitch is 14".

Correct I was looking for a 14 inch first baseman glove for fastpitch.

DW@SBC

Reaction score
My daughter has been using a 13 inch since she was 10 and now needs a bigger glove.

sftball follower

Reaction score
Contact rawlings, Easton, etc see what they have, or can do for you. Just about every website you go to only goes to 13"

good luck!

FastBat

Reaction score
I will start by saying I know nothing about first base, at all. I rarely if ever played first. So first base is foreign to me. But, Glove Smith made two very small custom leather gloves for my kids, both left-handed throwers, when they were around 5 and 7 years old. They could probably make any type of glove, any size. But, those little gloves were physically heavy. So heavy it surprised me, but they used them until they outgrew them. Good luck!