I tried calling and emailing but no luck
All I want to know if we are in
And then go play and see we if we win
Been in it almost every year
But all this silence puts us in a lil fear

Last edited by a moderator:

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
Hey we didn't get in I guess.... I have only heard we haven't, but a simple email or phone call stating you are on the outside would have been nice.

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
Disgruntled or not...... I will say for years I have been attending this tournament, funny how the Ice teams all end of up on the opposite side of the good teams. And if you look at the brackets at both the 10U, 12U, 14U -- they are loaded in pool C & D ---- AND I will go on to say that how jacked up the seeds are set up in the bracket is completely amatuerish.... How it currently sits is, Seed 1 of the C division is on the bottom half of the bracket as same as Seed 2 of the C division, AND the same as the D division seeds.... Those who were fortunate to get in the tournament, please make sure this gets fixed. REALLY, ARE U KIDDING ME AND IT'S AN ENQ?

Hey Chuck let me fix this for you in all your brackets.......

1A
4B

2D
3C

1B
4A

2C
3D
------------
1C
4D

2A
3B

1D
4C

2B
3A

Last edited:

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Disgruntled or not...... I will say for years I have been attending this tournament, funny how the Ice teams all end of up on the opposite side of the good teams. And if you look at the brackets at both the 10U, 12U, 14U -- they are loaded in pool C & D ---- AND I will go on to say that how jacked up the seeds are set up in the bracket is completely amatuerish.... How it currently sits is, Seed 1 of the C division is on the bottom half of the bracket as same as Seed 2 of the C division, AND the same as the D division seeds.... Those who were fortunate to get in the tournament, please make sure this gets fixed. REALLY, ARE U KIDDING ME AND IT'S AN ENQ?

I always thought going to NE Ohio in the winter time for a softball tournament was a crazy thing. Heard lots of complaints about the Spano Dome too. Now seeing how they run things really makes me wonder why people would waste their time & money! Save it for an outdoor event the next month!!!

Davemy

Reaction score
Website
auntrosiestournament.com
There are new indoor Tournaments popping up every year. One just started up in Rochester NY this year. Very nice complex! Rumor has Niagara Falls NY will be getting 100,000sf complex within the next two years. Places that don't improve their buildings or keep up with technology will just stop getting teams to enter their Tournaments.
Communication with your customers is key to running a great Tournament first and foremost!

Run26

Reaction score

Interesting that it's now an ENQ. Back in the day it was an ASA National qualifier. Must be losing it's luster in all the mold.

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
Interesting that it's now an ENQ. Back in the day it was an ASA National qualifier. Must be losing it's luster in all the mold.

Look how he has it set up, Ice team opposite the competition in A/B divsion and Chuck loads up C/D division— how do u have 1C and 2C on the same half of the bracket? Look at all the brackets through the years... well just look at this years through all the ages

1B
4D

2A
3C

2B
3D

1A
4C
——————-
1C
4A

2D
3B

2C
3A

1D
4B

CMichael

Reaction score
24GahannaLadyLions7 - - You mention that your team(s) have gone to the Spano Dome tourney "almost every year". You seem awfully mad. Just curious, why you are so passionate about trashing a tourney that you have been to so often and clearly wanted to get in to again this year (initial post). Doesn't make much sense. I see in the 14U bracket that the Outlaws, Lasers, Doom, and Hawks, and other quality organizations are participating this year. Based on your recent posts on this thread you should be happy your team is not going.

Last edited:

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
24GahannaLadyLions7 - - You mention that your team(s) have gone to the Spano Dome tourney "almost every year". You seem awfully mad. Just curious, why you are so passionate about trashing a tourney that you have been to so often and clearly wanted to get in to again this year (initial post). Doesn't make much sense. I see in the 14U bracket that the Outlaws, Lasers, Doom, and Hawks, and other quality organizations are participating this year. Based on your recent posts on this thread you should be happy your team is not going.

After not posting since the day you created your account 4 1/2 years ago - nice 2nd post! Don't wait until 2023 for the next one!
Matt must have really got you worked up to make post #2! LOL

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score

CMichael, I know u havent seen past posts of mine besides this thread, but I’m actually in favor of going to Spano, even though I’m not a fan of the place in general, it’s a place to get great live looks and the competition, for some reason, heads there every Feb/Mar. I have 3 girls who all have participated various years, but at least 1 dd has been at the dirt dome since 2014. I coach a young 09 team in Columbus and would of been glad to get in this year. But since we didn’t get in, even though I possibly may not be going at it the right way, I was actually trying to help make improvements on the tournament since nobody wants to come in disturb Mr. Chuck and their good standing status in the tournament.

If you honestly can sit there and think the seeding is correct and professional, then your credibility is trash to me. At this ENQ, one of main BRACKET tie-breaker’s is “how many people reach 3rd base” just because the people hosting the event may get home past their bedtime, then that’s absolutely ridiculous. A few years ago, I saw the top team in the state, a ASA/USA National Champion, go home because of a BRACKET SEMIFINAL GAME coin-flip, because each of the tiebreakers of girls reaching base was equal.

Lastly, based on your last two sentences gives you no credit and the fact that you would insinuate that a Beverly Bandit team at any age would be “in its best interests” not to participate because of failure to some “Ohio based” <— delete (change to —->before mentioned”) teams is flat out crazy... Is the competition so fierce that Ohio Wolfpack 04 decided to play up, scared of the before-mentioned names in the 14U side? No way .. smh

Last edited:

CMichael

Reaction score
After not posting since the day you created your account 4 1/2 years ago - nice 2nd post! Don't wait until 2023 for the next one!
Matt must have really got you worked up to make post #2! LOL

Aye Aye Captain. Clearly, you are very involved in softball and I truly applaud you for all the time and effort you spend working with the girls. I do the same.

With that said, since you were so curious about me that you took the time to determine the number of posts I have made on this site, I did the same and see that you have posted 1,733 times in the same 4 1/2 period that I have been a member. In case you were wondering that is more than 1 post a day for 4 1/2 years. Other than posting about teams entering your tournaments most of your posts are argumentative and condescending. Maybe you should find another way to make your days more meaningful. Perhaps you should pick up another hobby. By the way, please don't wait until 3:30 this afternoon to post again. I understand there is a certificate of achievement for anyone who posts more than 2,000 times in less than 5 years . . so you better get busy, lol

Matt - I did not mean to come across as "trashing you" and certainly not your team and I am sorry that you took it that way. I simply was curious as to why you would want to play in a tourney that is apparently always stacked seeding wise against some teams (perhaps your team), has bad tourney rules, a director that is not responsive and where the Beverly Bandits would be playing against vastly inferior competition. There must be more competitive tourneys you could enter instead of at the Spano Dome. If the director won't get back to you as to whether your team is in, and has seeded his tourneys in the manner you described for many years, he is not going to change now.

You also seem to be very involved in spending a considerable amount of your time to be a coach and mentor to young girls and that is something to be very proud of. I sincerely mean that.

Finally, this is my 3rd and final post so I hope you both enjoyed it. I have wasted enough of my time with this response and will certainly use the rest of my day much more productively. Hope you guys do the same and good luck with your respective seasons!

tjsmize3

Reaction score
... and the fact that you would insinuate that a Beverly Bandit team at any age would be “in its best interests” not to participate because of failure to some Ohio based teams is flat out crazy... Is the competition so fierce that Ohio Wolfpack 04 decided to play up, scared of the before-mentioned names in the 14U side? No way .. smh

Hey there, I really have no dog in this fight one way or another. I played in Chuck's tourneys when we were younger and he treated us well. As you said (and especially at the younger age groups) this is a great place to play against some quality competition in the winter. I was just wondering if you could elaborate though on exactly what YOU were insinuating about ANY Bandits team at ANY age and Ohio based teams. Applying the same assumptions you did on what CMichael did (or didn't say) I think I can read between the lines about what you are saying for your Bandits org and about the quality of "Ohio based teams." Being that we are one of those "Ohio based teams" I was just wondering if you could clear that up? Thanks!

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
Haha, not trying to start any beef as we are a Ohio-based Bandits team, and after re-reading my post, I should not have put “Ohio based” as there is a ton of talent in the state, but saying that “any team” instead of “Ohio based.”

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
Hey there, I really have no dog in this fight one way or another. I played in Chuck's tourneys when we were younger and he treated us well. As you said (and especially at the younger age groups) this is a great place to play against some quality competition in the winter. I was just wondering if you could elaborate though on exactly what YOU were insinuating about ANY Bandits team at ANY age and Ohio based teams. Applying the same assumptions you did on what CMichael did (or didn't say) I think I can read between the lines about what you are saying for your Bandits org and about the quality of "Ohio based teams." Being that we are one of those "Ohio based teams" I was just wondering if you could clear that up? Thanks!

Tjsmize3 — check above adjustments to earlier post

LetsBReel

Reaction score