Congratulations Toledo Rockets, coach Joe Abraham

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
I wanted to say Congratulations to the Toledo lady Rockets and coach Joe Abraham and his Coaching staff on winning the Mid-American Conference Championship the MAC yesterday in Akron, Ohio.

For are newbie members Coach Abraham has been a long time member on the forum. I believe Joe who goes by the user name JoeA1010 has been a member for close to 20 years, the forum was started back in 1996 under the name Ohio Fastpitch Connection.

Joe was also a regular contributor on The Softball Zone Radio show.

I'm very happy for The Lady Rockets and Joe. I'm sure Joe won't be getting much sleep. The Rockets will learn their NCAA tournament fate during the Selection Show at 9 p.m. Sunday on ESPN2.

daboss

Reaction score
Great job JoeA. You're a good man and very deserving. I'm sure you've collected a great bunch of kids and I know you'd like to throw all the accolades to them but your leadership got them there coach!!!

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember listening to many of the radio shows with Coach Joe and he was always the best of the best! and now Toledo has proven they are the best of the MAC. The games were some of the best I have seen in a while. Rockets NEVER gave in... never quit and beating 1 seed Miami in the semi's, also beating KSU and OU twice in 2 days, OU back to back in the Championship game was simply amazing....not to mention beating all the top 4 seeds to get there. WOW! Congrats Coach Joe! Congrats Toledo and good luck in the NCAA tourney!

Last edited:

JoeA1010

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. Yes, Ricky, I think I have been a member almost from the start here!

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. Yes, Ricky, I think I have been a member almost from the start here!

I was almost sure you was one of the first 50 members. Good luck tonight on your team seeding in the brackets.

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Unfortunately didn't see Joe's team get picked .Do you think it was overall poor performance by conference ? Joes team certainly seemed worthy.

okiedad1961

Reaction score
I wanted to say Congratulations to the Toledo lady Rockets and coach Joe Abraham and his Coaching staff on winning the Mid-American Conference Championship the MAC yesterday in Akron, Ohio.

For are newbie members Coach Abraham has been a long time member on the forum. I believe Joe who goes by the user name JoeA1010 has been a member for close to 20 years, the forum was started back in 1996 under the name Ohio Fastpitch Connection.

Joe was also a regular contributor on The Softball Zone Radio show.

I'm very happy for The Lady Rockets and Joe. I'm sure Joe won't be getting much sleep. The Rockets will learn their NCAA tournament fate during the Selection Show at 9 p.m. Sunday on ESPN2.
Ricky,
Any interest in contest for bracket this year .My trophy has collected a lot of dust over the years I've been reigning champ.

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Must have turned my head last night during show Congrats Joe and his team

Run26

Reaction score
Congrats, Joe! All those late nights sitting in your recruiting chair are paying off. To go from Buckeye Heat, to DIII Whitworth in Washington followed by Hillsdale and now the big time is an incredible path. Proud of you and your team. Good Luck in the regionals.

manitoudan

Reaction score
CONGRATS Joe , good things do happen to good people. Now take it easy on my Cats !! lol

manitoudan

Reaction score
Lots of Buckeye flavor .. K Bergman Doom .. R Emery I think was a doom kid for a time , Pitching coach is an Buckeye Heat kid that was the same age as my daughter ( Carol S old Heat team)

JoeA1010

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! And yes, putting in the time recruiting definitely pays off!

klinder

Reaction score
Wishing Toledo and Joe Best of Luck in the NCAA Tournament. They did a great job playing with belief and trust in each other. Thats what championship teams do. They grow through the season and put it all together when it counts most.