10U Coaches Poll Week #4 (5-20-18) Get Your Votes In!!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
12U Coaches,

Submit your top 10 to me by WEDNESDAY at 11PM. Remember to include your name and team you are representing. You must be a coach or designated representative of your team in order to vote. Must include #1-10 in your vote

You can PM me or email me at: jeffreylsteiner@gmail.com

I will post results on Thursday morning.

Jeff Steiner
330-307-7551

kidbuckeye

Reaction score
Lasers Orange won the May Madness championship in Pittsburgh this weekend going 7-0. We couldn't be more proud of the way the girls performed. It was nice seeing different competition. We had four pool play games then had to play them again in bracket play with a 12 team field. The tournament was very well ran in the beautiful area of Cranberry Township. I highly recommend it. Our record now stands at 38-6.

Pool Play
W Pittsburgh Spirit Gold
W PA Renegades
W River City Venom
W Team PA

Bracket
W Pittsburgh Spirit Gold
W River City Venom
W Team PA

Lasers Orange '08 Achievements
Crushin Childhood Cancer- (runner up) undefeated but rained out, went by run differential instead of runs allowed
Beverly Bandits Super Elite Fall Futures- (Champs)
Pitch For The Cure- (Champs)
Thunder Fall Classic- (Co-Champs, power outage from wind storm)
Battle at Berliner - (Champs)
May Madness- (Champs)

Key wins:
Finesse-Davis
Heartland Havoc Heartbreakers
Ohio Storm 08 x 2
Beverly Bandits Demarini 08 (#1 ranked team in Michigan)
Stingrays 08 x 2
Beverly Bandits 09
MOV Pride OH
Indiana Magic Gold
Federation (Texas)
MOV Pride WV
Wolfpack
Team PA x 2

Stingrays08

Reaction score
Ohio Stingrays 08 traveled to Parkersburg, WV this weekend for the ASA/USA Kick off to Summer Rings Event and won the Championship against the #1 seeded WV Lady Patriots.
Pool Play:
Beat Tri State Thunder 7-2
Beat 119 South Fastpitch 9-2
Beat MOV Pride Ohio 3-0

Bracket Play:
Beat MOV Pride Ohio 11-5 semi finals
Beat WV Lady Patriots 12-4 finals

The Stingrays beat both the #1 and #2 teams in West Virginia (119 S Fastpitch and Lady Patriots)

Our overall record is now 43-17-2

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lasers Orange won the May Madness championship in Pittsburgh this weekend going 7-0. We couldn't be more proud of the way the girls performed. It was nice seeing different competition. We had four pool play games then had to play them again in bracket play with a 12 team field. The tournament was very well ran in the beautiful area of Cranberry Township. I highly recommend it. Our record now stands at 38-6.

Pool Play
W Pittsburgh Spirit Gold
W PA Renegades
W River City Venom
W Team PA

Bracket
W Pittsburgh Spirit Gold
W River City Venom
W Team PA

How in the world do you play the same three teams in Bracket play, of the 4 teams you just played in pool, in a 12 team field??? That is def interesting.... Congratulations!

kidbuckeye

Reaction score
How in the world do you play the same three teams in Bracket play, of the 4 teams you just played in pool, in a 12 team field??? That is def interesting.... Congratulations!
It was two pools that cross seeded. We were #1 seed in Pool B. We played the winner of an A and B each round. The teams from our pool won each of their bracket games except against us.

Jamie Wolff

Reaction score
Website
www.ohiowolfpack.com
The Wolfpack did not play this past weekend, but heading to the Firefighters Memorial this weekend. Overall Record 32 - 8 - 2

@ The PGF SSS:
Pool Game: Beat Maryland Terror 8-0
1st Bracket Play Game: Lost to Indiana Magic Gold - Moore 5-1.
2nd Bracket Play Game: Eliminated by the Wisconsin Lightning 4-3.

@ The BCS Midwest Championships Schedule:
Beat the Outlaws 6-2
Beat MOV Pride - WV 5-3
Lost to Lasers Orange 6-2
Lost to Outlaws in 1st elimination game 3-1

Next up @ Firefighters Memorial:
vs. Muskie Chix
vs. Beverley Bandits - Hool
vs. Cincy Shock

Last edited:

Richard Smith

Reaction score
The Ohio Storm 08 was off this past weekend and are headed to the Firefighters Memorial this coming weekend.

Overall Record: 41-10-2
Last tournament: Finished Runners-up at the Outlaws BCS Midwest Championship Ring Event May 11-12

Key wins: Finesse Davis x2, Mov Pride 08 WV x2, Bandits Demarini Bailey x3, Stingrays 08 x2, SGS Magic, Buckeye Charge, Wolfpack Wolff, BC Elite, Michigan Outlaws, MOV Pride 08 OH,

Up Next Firefighters Memorial
Friday 6pm vs Bandits Demarini Bailey
Saturday 930am vs Aftershock
Saturday 1pm vs Buckeye Heat

wahhutch9

Reaction score
SGS Magic went 4-1 this weekend in Rizing Starz tournament.

Beat Finesse-Davis 7-4
Beat Lady 83’s 15-2
Bwat NWO Heat 16-0

Ended up as #2 seed as we headed in to bracket play Sunday.

Beat Wizards-Smith is quarterfinals 7-2.
Lost to Finesse-Davis (#3 seed) in semis. Tournament was then cancelled due to rain.

Next up is Firefighters this weekend. As has been our story the last 4 years... we got another tough draw.. but it just makes us better... NKY Bandits 08, MOV Pride WV, Sting/HFE.

Follow that up with;
-SGS Tune Up (7gg with very good group of teams this year: MOV Pride WV, Finesse Davis, Bandits 09, Battle Creek Elite, Michigan Renegades, Anchor Bay Angels... those are just off top of my head.)
-Sheer Madness
-SGS Shootout
-GAPSS
-Sports Force Round Tripper
-All Sanctioned World Series

Shad28ford

Reaction score
Southern Ohio Force 08 was in Marion Ohio last week and went 4-0 in the #Angels4autism
With a championship with rain shortened Sunday

Went 4-0 in pool play with only giving up 1 run and scoring 40 vs
Stingrays09
Central Ohio Ice 08
Central Ohio Ice 09
LC Lightning 08

This weekend we played in the Battle of the Tri-State in Portsmouth vs
Buckeye Elite 09
Buckeye Elite 08
Cincy Shock 08
Ohio Passion 08

We gave up 2 runs and scored 42 this past weekend went 5-0.

Last 3 weekends 14-1 116 runs scored 9 given up
Berliner -Runner UPS loss to Ohio Outlaws Futures 08 6-5 in the Ship
Marion - Champs
Portsmouth -Champs

Beavercreek This Weekend for us!!!

Key wins this year
Ohio Storm 08
Stingrays 08 twice
Demarani Bandits 09
Buckeye Elite 08 Twice

We are a Good all around Team. Got it ALL pitching, defense, Stix, speed, power, catching,
Ask someone who has played this group!!!

#DontSleeponUs

#SouthernOhioForce08

Shad28ford

Reaction score
Southern Ohio Force 08 was in Marion Ohio last week and went 4-0 in the #Angels4autism
With a championship with rain shortened Sunday

Went 4-0 in pool play with only giving up 1 run and scoring 40 vs
Stingrays09
Central Ohio Ice 08
Central Ohio Ice 09
LC Lightning 08

This weekend we played in the Battle of the Tri-State in Portsmouth vs
Buckeye Elite 09
Buckeye Elite 08
Cincy Shock 08
Ohio Passion 08

We gave up 2 runs and scored 42 this past weekend went 5-0.

Last 3 weekends 14-1 116 runs scored 9 given up
Berliner -Runner UPS
Marion - Champs
Portsmouth -Champs

Beavercreek This Weekend for us!!!

Key wins this year
Ohio Storm 08
Stingrays 08 twice
Demarani Bandits 09
Buckeye Elite 08 Twice

We are a Good all around Team. Got it ALL pitching, defense, Stix, speed, power, catching,
Ask someone who has played this group!!!

#DontSleeponUs

#SouthernOhioForce08
Only loss to Ohio Outlaws Futures 08 6-5 in the ship @ Berliner

Swing4thefence

Reaction score
Who is this southern Ohio force team? I keep seeing them in these rankings, but not in the big name tournaments? I’ve not heard much about them. I see the teams they have played and beat in there tournaments, but I’ve not seen them play. Will they be playing in the stingray tournament? The laser tournament? Or the World Series? Kinda curious because I’d like to see them play. If you want to be a big dog, you have to come play the big dogs is what I was always told.

Shad28ford

Reaction score
Hey Swingforthefence. Get your team and I’ll bring mine against yours any day of the week.

We have beat the # 2 # 3 # 9 ranked teams in last weeks pole. Have you??? Record speaks for itself.

We play the schedule we want. We can play with Anybody ask someone that knows softball, sounds like you may not a whole lot. Your prolly one them coaches in the stands that knows it all.

We would love to get invited to these tourneys
Stingrays or lasers. World Series we can’t because our whole team plays LL too that week.

Freeze Mizer

Reaction score
Who is this southern Ohio force team? I keep seeing them in these rankings, but not in the big name tournaments? I’ve not heard much about them. I see the teams they have played and beat in there tournaments, but I’ve not seen them play. Will they be playing in the stingray tournament? The laser tournament? Or the World Series? Kinda curious because I’d like to see them play. If you want to be a big dog, you have to come play the big dogs is what I was always told.
Big Dogs? This is a 10u girls softball thread! Say it slowly. 10u.... girls.... softball!
( BTW - Southern Ohio Force is legit and a classy group of folks).

Richard Smith

Reaction score
Go easy there Coach Ford, you don’t have to explain yourself to anyone, but I understand you being upset and defending your team. I will say this about the Southern Ohio Force 08. They are a very good team, a tough team, have great pitching, excellent defense, good bats and well coached, and yes they can play with anyone. The Organization is competitive and strong across the board year in and year out. I and the Storm 08 team have a lot of respect for Coach Ford, Force 08 and the Southern Ohio Force Organization. Hopefully this answers any questions one might have!

Last edited:

Diamond guru

Reaction score
I have to say, I have seen southern Ohio force play at Berliner. I’m not sure that there’s anyone they could not beat in the state or country at any given time in 10u softball. That’s just my opinion.

Ohiostarz04

Reaction score
Only loss to Ohio Outlaws Futures 08 6-5 in the ship @ Berliner

This is getting ridiculous people feeling sorry for people cause someone called someone’s team out for not playing in big tournaments. Now we have people telling him they could beat anyone in the state, “well maybe” but anyone in the country come on brah... If he needs that kinda self esteem build up, he needs to see a psychiatrist.. Don’t get so butt hurt over something so silly, the # hash tags probably brought it on LOL “little joke”
It’s freaking 10U softball.... It’s been this way for many many many years, since oiler_pride has been doing this poll.. “You show up to big tournaments, play the big organizations, represent your organization well, win or lose you will get recognized and it not who the hell cares”. Focus on developing your girls into good ball players and even better human beings...
Coach Ford sounds like you have a good team... Not to be one of these guys that to try and tell you what to do but maybe you should think about challenging them a little bit more. Seems like you have a class A team, you need to play more A registered teams. If your lucky enough to have a great group of girls, get them out there and play that competition. For the most part from what I can see your schedule doesn’t look to pressing, that’s why your getting a little grief from some people. See you have a couple good wins on your post though, congrats on that.
Also it’s on you to get your teams into these tournaments, people aren’t going to come beating down your door.. You should have applied for Firefighters, Lasers and Stingrays. I would think any of these 10U teams on this thread would love to play you, I promise you they all love playing good competition...
Lastly, don’t take anything I said to personal, just speaking my opinion. “Which doesn’t mean a damn thing” I am just a guy on the other side of the fence that looks through the chain-link... But I do wish you and your girls the best...

Jamie Wolff

Reaction score
Website
www.ohiowolfpack.com
Hey Swingforthefence. Get your team and I’ll bring mine against yours any day of the week.

We have beat the # 2 # 3 # 9 ranked teams in last weeks pole. Have you??? Record speaks for itself.

We play the schedule we want. We can play with Anybody ask someone that knows softball, sounds like you may not a whole lot. Your prolly one them coaches in the stands that knows it all.

We would love to get invited to these tourneys
Stingrays or lasers. World Series we can’t because our whole team plays LL too that week.

Last Weeks Poll

1. Ohio Lasers Orange (5).......................90
2. Ohio Storm '08 (2)..............................84
3. Stingrays '08 (2)..................................74
4. Ohio Wolfpack '08..............................71
5. Ohio Outlaws-williams. (1).................56
6. MOV Pride '08 ault.............................50
7. SGS Magic...........................................37
8. Buckeye Charge '08............................36
9. Southern Ohio Force '08.....................33
10. Beverly Bandits Demarini '09...........20

Beat #2 Ohio Storm 08
Beat #3 Stingrays 08
and
Beat #9 Southern Ohio Force 08 ???

Like someone said above... It's 10U Softball. Just enjoy the game!

bleacherbum

Reaction score
Looks like there are a couple of first time posters in this thread. LOL If a 10U team want to be considered for this poll, they should be playing at Firefighter's this weekend.
If they are playing anywhere else, I don't understand how they want to be listed with the top teams?
Stingrays Showcase is probably still looking for additional teams for their 10U division. If you want to be considered for this poll, then you play in that event. I don't understand how adults are getting on here bragging, yet not entering the top events that the other top teams are all playing in. Play them and you will get the respect and the votes. Tell everyone how you won an event while everyone else played in another is the easy way for people to see who should be voted on. You may have the team, but if you are not playing the schedule, you will not get the respect.

Swing4thefence

Reaction score
I was simply asking a question, Never seen or heard them play. But like I said, I’m yet to see them play in bigger name tournaments, so that’s why I was asking. The coach said he had it all, was curious why they don’t play the best week in and week out like most of these other teams. I have no dog in the fight here. Was just asking who they where.