All-District and All-Ohio Teams?

First2Third

Reaction score
I see a lot of congratulatory posts on Facebook and Twitter about who made the different all-district teams and the all-state teams. Are these actually posted anywhere? I know the state fastpitch coaches association will eventually post the all-state teams on its website, but where is this information available? My daughter's coach told the team last night that he does not have that information yet. Maybe he's just not telling them since they're still playing? Are the lists supposed to be embargoed until after the championship games?

Skeeter

Reaction score
District Meetings were Sunday May 19th so the coaches should know info about All-District, not sure about All-Ohio teams yet.

Heavy Hitter

Reaction score
If they know All-District teams then they know All-Ohio team. The are voted on at the same meeting.

Coach Tony

Reaction score
Coaches who are members of the OHSFSCA and were there on Sunday to vote, should already have the information on who made the all-district and all-state teams. Some coaches (like myself) like to reveal their teams' all conference / all-district / all-state recipients at the end of season banquet; other coaches notify the award winners immediately and then post on social media.

Also, another source for the all-district and all-state information are the the local papers, who are usually sent the information as well and can choose to post or publish the all district / all state teams at their own discretion. Depending on the paper, there can be significant lag time in publishing the information...Sometimes weeks later.

SonicMojo

Reaction score
I agree it is strange that this information is not readily available. The district and state coaches associations have websites and social media accounts. These accolades should be publicized immediately. It benefits no one that word gets out in piecemeal fashion. Let's celebrate the sport, the kids and coaches instead of sitting on the sidelines in obscurity. If there are coaches who are regulars on this site, they should post what they have instead of pretending like they are NBC covering the Olympics.

MaddKennaMax

Reaction score
Some coaches who are still playing in the tournament may not tell their players until they are out. They may want them focused on the game and not accolades they did or didn't get. Not saying I agree or disagree just putting out that possibility.

City Slicker

Reaction score
Here are the awards that players at Firestone were given from the NEO Fastpitch Coaches Association:

Honorable Mention: Madison Morrow & Amber Roebuck

All-Academic: Audrey Hartman, Madison Morrow, Bea Moxon, Amber Roebuck, Mary Rohrer & Kristian Williams

Coach Tony

Reaction score
Some coaches who are still playing in the tournament may not tell their players until they are out. They may want them focused on the game and not accolades they did or didn't get. Not saying I agree or disagree just putting out that possibility.

Bingo!!!

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The OHSAA site hasn't even put last year's All State team on the site.
They have not updated the records in 3 years.
Seems like OHSAA doesn't really give 2 craps about it...SMH

OHIOPD

Reaction score
The OHSAA site hasn't even put last year's All State team on the site.
They have not updated the records in 3 years.
Seems like OHSAA doesn't really give 2 craps about it...SMH

Not sure about all-district teams but all-state teams from 2013 -2018 are posted on Ohio High School Fastpitch Softball Coaches Association

www.ohsfsca.org

The 2019 all state team list will probably post after the banquet in mid-June

Bean2019

Reaction score
The one that gets me is the district awards. I haven't seen those posted anywhere consistently over the last few years. As the op stated, only by word of mouth through social media. I agree with First2Third, if it's out there and coaches are telling players, just go ahead and get it out there. It's already been decided so performance in the tournament isn't going to affect the awards. Don't leave it to the rumor mill. If that is going to affect players then you have a much larger problem on your hands. If that is the reasoning then don't have the meetings till after the tournament which would make more sense to me.

Bean2019

Reaction score
Well the NW District All State and All District selections were posted today on the twitter account for OHSFSCA (@ohsfsca). Not sure if they will post the other districts. Guess we will have to wait and see. Not sure why only one district would be posted.

haters00

Reaction score
Coaches who are members of the OHSFSCA and were there on Sunday to vote, should already have the information on who made the all-district and all-state teams. Some coaches (like myself) like to reveal their teams' all conference / all-district / all-state recipients at the end of season banquet; other coaches notify the award winners immediately and then post on social media.

Also, another source for the all-district and all-state information are the the local papers, who are usually sent the information as well and can choose to post or publish the all district / all state teams at their own discretion. Depending on the paper, there can be significant lag time in publishing the information...Sometimes weeks later.

Coaches who are members of the OHSFSCA and were there on Sunday to vote,
That is the key to all these District/State teams, your high school Coach needs to attend at minimum 3 meetings throughout the year to be able to vote. Many Coaches are not doing that and their AD's do not make them. That is too bad for some really great players because they will NEVER get on any of those teams and they should. Another thing that happens is that it turns into 'you vote for my kid and I will vote for your kid' thing. There are players so well deserving of being on District/State team that do not make the cut because they play in an area where there is not a lot of representation at those meetings from their area to vote those kids in. It is a shame really. In my opinion, the AD's should make it mandatory for HS Coaches to attend meetings and vote. There are girls out there that are on state lists for stats that do not make first team anything? How can that be? Shame on those AD's and Coaches for not representing their student athletes as they should.

Congratulations to all the players out there that give 100% to this sport and to all those kids who did get onto the District/State lists!

M & R Davis

Reaction score
Coaches who are members of the OHSFSCA and were there on Sunday to vote,
That is the key to all these District/State teams, your high school Coach needs to attend at minimum 3 meetings throughout the year to be able to vote. Many Coaches are not doing that and their AD's do not make them. That is too bad for some really great players because they will NEVER get on any of those teams and they should. Another thing that happens is that it turns into 'you vote for my kid and I will vote for your kid' thing. There are players so well deserving of being on District/State team that do not make the cut because they play in an area where there is not a lot of representation at those meetings from their area to vote those kids in. It is a shame really. In my opinion, the AD's should make it mandatory for HS Coaches to attend meetings and vote. There are girls out there that are on state lists for stats that do not make first team anything? How can that be? Shame on those AD's and Coaches for not representing their student athletes as they should.

Congratulations to all the players out there that give 100% to this sport and to all those kids who did get onto the District/State lists!

The issue I see is what you describe in regards to players not being seen by the vast majority of the coaches because of location. Happened to one of our girls this year that had better stats then 3 of the 4 first team picks and good enough to make all state but got 2nd team district. It is obvious that there is a lot of inter league voting going on. Think there should be some adjustment made for stats to eliminate that from happening.

SMc4SMc

Reaction score
I looked on the OHSAA website and saw gamechanger as the official scorekeeping/stat app.... so is that a way to keep voting a bit more honest, just a paid ad of a sort, or just a plain big nothing because of scorekeeper discretion and so forth?

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
I looked on the OHSAA website and saw gamechanger as the official scorekeeping/stat app.... so is that a way to keep voting a bit more honest, just a paid ad of a sort, or just a plain big nothing because of scorekeeper discretion and so forth?

Maybe, The High School coach will fill out the all state application and use the stats stored in Max Preps/Game changer. They bring their players resume to the meeting and coaches review schedule, stats etc then vote for top 15. The highest vote getters make it. All coaches do get contacted regardless if they voted or not however I will say if they were not at the meeting none of their players were voted on.
Here is SW Ohio

Attachments

• 2019 SWD All State Teams - All.pdf
    70.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

First2Third

Reaction score
Maybe, The High School coach will fill out the all state application and use the stats stored in Max Preps/Game changer. They bring their players resume to the meeting and coaches review schedule, stats etc then vote for top 15. The highest vote getters make it. All coaches do get contacted regardless if they voted or not however I will say if they were not at the meeting none of their players were voted on.
Here is SW Ohio
Thanks for sharing. Inside the document it says 2018, not 2019. Is that an error?

So now we have 2 districts. Keep them coming!!