Congratulations To A Very Special Young Lady

maddball44

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has already been covered. I did a search and didn't see anything.

Congratulations to Williamsburg and Cincy Shock's very own Maddie Ogden. What an incredible story. From deaths door 3 years ago to National Sophomore Player of the year. Here is an excerpt from Max Prep.

In August 2016, Madi Ogden of Williamsburg (Ohio) was a passenger in a car accident that required a 22-day hospital stay and three brain surgeries. Doctors wondered if she would live. Later, they wondered if she would walk or run again.

Today, Ogden, the National Sophomore of the Year, runs, hits and pitches. After a complete recovery, she set a state record for base hits (77), batted .700, clubbed 15 home runs and drove in 85 runs as Williamsburg (Ohio) went 27-2. She'll enter the 2020 season with a 29-game hitting streak. In addition to her offensive prowess, Ogden was 23-2 in the circle.

Congrats Maddi, you deserve it all.

Bink44

Reaction score
Congrats to Madi, and thank you for sharing!!

Creek01

Reaction score
Madi O is one of the best kids I’ve ever been around. Great work ethic, great teammate, and humble. What she’s accomplished since her accident is amazing. I’m blessed to get to help coach her this year with Doom 18u Gold after she played most of her travel ball career with Cincy Shock. As a coach you’re suppose to inspire and teach your players. Occasionally a player comes along that teaches and inspires their coaches. Madi O is definitely that player.
So proud of this young lady and excited for her future.

Kyle Creek
Doom 18u Gold