10U Coaches Poll Week #12 (7-15-19) RESULTS!!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
1st Place Votes are in ( )

Rank --- Team --- Total Pts

1. Ohio Wolfpack '08 (6)......................111
1. Ohio Lasers Orange (5)....................111
3. Stingrays '08 .....................................87
4. Ohio Storm '08 (1).............................60
5. Beverly Bandits Demarini '09............58
6. MOV Pride '08 ault............................53
7. Ohio Outlaws-williams.......................48
8. Finesse-munoz (1)..............................42
9. SGS Magic...........................................30
10. Buckeye Charge.................................21

Others receiving votes:
Ohio Ice (12), Emeralds (12), Strike Zone Phillies (6), So Ohio Force (4), Wolfpack '09 (3), Rebels (1), Mid Ohio Bullets (1)...

I missed a coaches vote and had to edit the results...

Last edited:

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
1st Place Votes are in ( )

Rank --- Team --- Total Pts

1. Ohio Wolfpack '08 (6)......................103
2. Ohio Lasers Orange (4)....................102
3. Stingrays '08 .....................................80
4. MOV Pride '08 ault............................53
5. Beverly Bandits Demarini '09............52
6. Ohio Storm '08 ..................................50
7. Ohio Outlaws-williams.......................48
8. Finesse-munoz (1)..............................42
9. SGS Magic...........................................25
10. Buckeye Charge.................................17

Others receiving votes:
Ohio Ice (12), Emeralds (9), Strike Zone Phillies (5), So Ohio Force (4), Wolfpack '09 (3), Rebels (1)...

3 team race right there... but each of these 15 are really quality squads

Three up three down

Reaction score
That is some bizarre voting from the coach that was initially missed. They vote Ohio Storm #1 after a weekend that they went 0-4-1 and then do not vote for MOV, Outlaws or Finesse to be in the top ten at all??? Seems kind of fishy. On another topic, how is Wolfpack 09 getting top ten votes?

winward65

Reaction score
That is some bizarre voting from the coach that was initially missed. They vote Ohio Storm #1 after a weekend that they went 0-4-1 and then do not vote for MOV, Outlaws or Finesse to be in the top ten at all??? Seems kind of fishy. On another topic, how is Wolfpack 09 getting top ten votes?

Yea !! How does a team that does 1-3 get votes tooo ?? I mean who is voting for that team ! ? Only win was against a 09 team ?? So hard to vote for a team that couldn’t live up to their expectations ?! Look in the mirror buddy

Three up three down

Reaction score
Yea !! How does a team that does 1-3 get votes tooo ?? I mean who is voting for that team ! ? Only win was against a 09 team ?? So hard to vote for a team that couldn’t live up to their expectations ?! Look in the mirror buddy
I have no idea what you are talking about between your bad grammar and cryptic messages.

Wolfpack31

Reaction score

Not sure why you would go after our team. I have no clue who you are nor do I care. As a first year 10u team (All 09 with 1 10 player) we have not shyed away from putting them up against all of the teams in the top 10. Not sure we have won any, however we have been competitive in some and got our butts kicked in others. It's all good for us, we are only making our team better.

With that said, I don't vote and have never voted. There are many 08 teams out there that are better than we are as well as 09 teams. Maybe we are getting votes because our peers appreciate, respect and understand what we are doing. We have played many competitive tournaments this season and have seen very few 09 teams there other than Matt's Beverly Bandits 09 team which is a very good and certainly a top 10 worthy 10u team.

We know we are young and we appreciate those who have recognized our efforts. Bottom line, we have a lot of work to do and we know that.

Thanks to many of you for making our team better! For those who are worried we got a few votes, how about you just worry about your team! Geez!!!

Last edited:

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
I’ll call it out, I have voted for them recently because they continue to challenge themselves and play in the big tournaments. They take #1 Lasers Orange the distance at Stingrays and in that atmosphere, you don’t feet that could be well worthy of a 10th place vote.

Others you mentioned the Bizarre voting for.... also I’m sorry anyone that has “Michigan” in their name, shouldn’t get in the “Ohio” votes. They belong in the Michigan voting. That’s why I don’t vote MOV WV in this poll either, since they would belong too. It is an opinion of a coach, maybe they don’t like that the team is based in PA and OH for the Outlaws, maybe he really thinks that his team is #1 and just had a bad weekend. This vote is an opinion of a coach AND not the media... this poll has more controversy than the BCS did, wish we pulled that kinda money though...

Outlaws have a very good team, but claim they are down a P, but I see them warming up 4 down LF line. I can’t fault the Pitcher or Pitchers family, but I really want to know what those Outlaw pitchers parents think... does it diminish the championship win a bit, I would have to think it does a little. I mean you still have to hit to win and that Outlaw team does that very well, but a rental battery could affect the outcome drastically.

I bet Oiler just sits back with the popcorn every year and laugh. I think the poll is great!! Been a part of it the last 6 years and Every year it supply’s some great entertainment and conversation pieces!! Created some great relationships from it and love every minute of this game!!

Last edited:

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
Another note, really glad I got to see Emeralds play, had not seen them all year... of the 16 or so on the list, I have seen 13 atleast once. Played 120 games and still salty I got screwed out of Spano Dome lol - even though it is crappy place to play with homer scheduling

Richard Smith

Reaction score
First, Thank you to whoever gave the first place vote to the Storm team, I appreciate that. It doesn’t really matter who is #1, or #10. This poll is for fun, and others that comment on these rankings are obviously, either not qualified to vote, or are voters who choose to hide behind an anonymous name, so nobody knows who they are.

Second, the Storm has had an awesome season, and no matter what you think, your worthless opinion cannot, and/or will not take their great season away from them. Whether ranked #1 or #20, will not take away the 6 Championships and runner up finishes, that this team worked hard for? Why is that? Because your opinion doesn’t matter.

Third, all these teams are good, some are a little better on any given day. I have much respect for all the teams and coaches across this great state.
I will close with this. Just about all the teams in these rankings will be moving up to the 11U. If you think your team is the best, see you in Marion Mother’s Day weekend May 2020. I know of 3 teams in this top 10 that will be there, will you.