Injury before tryouts

Singermom

Reaction score
Hello, I’m a Relatively new travel softball mom here...my daughter just finished first year of travel on a 10U team. Tryouts are coming up however she just fell and broke her arm and will be in a cast 6-8 weeks!!

So...do we just scrap this year and have her play rec in the spring? Try to contact coaches after she’s healed up? I’m worried her skills will decline as our Rec is made up of parent coaches and girls new to the sport. Also my daughter was switched from right hand batting to left hand and learning to slap hit so I’m thinking once she’s able to continue on with hitting lessons we will continues those.

Thanks for any advice you may have!

Xrayaries

Reaction score
Don't worry. When she recovers and gets back to working out, schedule some private tryouts. Something always happens and teams will be looking for a player or two to complete their roster.

daboss

Reaction score
The above posts are spot on. Don't panic. She'll find a team. I'd hope her coach from this summer would help provide some insight to any prospective teams if they don't have plans for her for next season themselves. In the mean time, enjoy the few weeks you have before school starts!

OhPhat

Reaction score
First sorry for your DD injury.

The only other thing I would add to the above comments is to do your research. There will be plenty of teams still looking for players but sometimes there are underlying reasons they are still looking.