General forum

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
Just a update, we're testing some new software we wrote that detect and delete multiple post made within a set time range. Right now it set on a 30 mins time loop, basically if you post multiple post with similar titles and similar content your post will automatically be deleted.

The original poster will receive a message that your post has been deleted for spamming the board.

Hopefully this helps.

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
Just a update, we're testing some new software we wrote that detect and delete multiple post made within a set time range. Right now it set on a 30 mins time loop, basically if you post multiple post with similar titles and similar content your post will automatically be deleted.

The original poster will receive a message that your post has been deleted for spamming the board.

Hopefully this helps.

Seems like it working rather well.

brownsfan

Reaction score
I remember when I first became a member many moons ago, general softball was that. Even with the tryout stuff missing; the general softball had a lot of information regardless if it was good or bad. One post could have upwards to fifty posts with explanations, discussions, people calling each other out, etc. But many moons ago, people had thick skin. I know I've been called a moron a few times, and I've called others the same. Prior to me joining, you not only needed thick skin; but leathered skinned as it got personal. But the site was informative. My daughter is off to college, and now use the site to send other dd's whose parents ask me if I know any certain orgs. Now I need to go to the tourneys to get info.

JoeA1010

Reaction score
I just clicked on New Posts. There are 19 threads with Need a Player or tournament listings (basically, advertisements) before I reached Ricky's post about what he's attempting to do. Somehow it would be nice if all the tryout, need-a-player, tournament listing and other advertisement type of posts could easily be avoided by those of us simply looking to discuss softball. It's just too annoying to sift through all of the irrelevant ads to find something worthwhile.

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
I just clicked on New Posts. There are 19 threads with Need a Player or tournament listings (basically, advertisements) before I reached Ricky's post about what he's attempting to do. Somehow it would be nice if all the tryout, need-a-player, tournament listing and other advertisement type of posts could easily be avoided by those of us simply looking to discuss softball. It's just too annoying to sift through all of the irrelevant ads to find something worthwhile.

I'm working on that now Joe, I can't believe how many creative ways coaches have found to post tryouts thru out on the section on the forum. No wonder we never discuss softball.