Wristband signal systems

coachjwb

Reaction score
A quick update ... I now have a better quality triple window velcro youth and adult wristbands at the same price that I was selling the single window ones ... $3.50 each if you get a customized sign system (usually just $45 for 3 sets of signs). So for anyone wanting to combine both hitting and baserunning with pitch-calling or defense, you won't need to flip them over between 1/2 innings anymore. Plus, if you get more than one system, I am willing to do the second system at half-price ($22.50). Email me at jffbaker3@gmail.com for more info.

coachjwb

Reaction score
With most travel teams now formed and probably playing fall ball, tournaments or doing a few scrimmages before the weather turns, now is the time to look into a wristband system and have your team practice with it. There's just no reason for your team to be missing signs or the other team to be stealing yours. See above for more info and feel free to email me.

coachjwb

Reaction score
I usually ship out within 48 hours of receiving an order and payment and it ships express mail and arrives in 2-3 days.

coachjwb

Reaction score
A Happy New Year to all softball players, coaches, parents and instructors! May the coming year be a healthy and happy one where you and your teams achieve your goals.

And a special shout out to all of you who support Stay in Softball. I was chatting with Karen recently, and I understand that even though some of the founders and original supporters of this great organization are headed off to college soon, that others have stepped forward and that it's still going strong and making a difference to so many players and their families. I am very proud of what you've accomplished and to say that I and Ricky, through this Forum, have been able to play a small role in supporting it as well. In 2019, I'm going to increase my support from $2 up to $3 for every system sold, and will also add another $1 for each wristband replacement order.

Happy New Year!

coachjwb

Reaction score
If you're a high school coach and interested in a wristband sign system before the season gets started soon (kind of hard to imagine I know with this current weather!), please contact me at jffbaker3@gmail.com for more information and/or a quote.

City Slicker

Reaction score
Jeff, we received ours earlier this week! Thanks a bunch.

If you are interested in some sort of signal system, I highly recommended jeff's system. It's very simple and easy for the kids to catch on to.

Coach Kennedy

Reaction score
I've been using Jeff's system for several years now and I can't recommend him enough. It's a very effective sign system that simplifies the game for the girls...coaches too!

Not only is it a great system, it's very budget friendly and Jeff very quick to respond and get his product out to you. I just talked to him last night (Tuesday) and I will have my system by Friday, just in time for the opening weekend.

This is a great system for both high school and travel teams. If anyone has any questions about it, don't hesitate to ask me. But there really are no questions to ask. You can't go wrong here.

Coach Tony

Reaction score
Jeff always does a great job with the wristbands I have ordered over the years. I have been using Jeff's wristbands since he started offering them. I can't imagine using anyone else.

coachjwb

Reaction score
Thanks, Mike, John and Tony! I enjoy this hobby and being able to help coaches on a limited budget. I look forward to hopefully seeing a couple of your game in the next month. Good luck to all of the high school teams out there and crossing my fingers for some dry and warmer weather!

VC183

Reaction score
One question: Why is it illegal to have the girls wear it on their belt instead of their wrist? Only thing that comes to my mind is when up to bat and if the ball hits the wristband it could be a "hit by pitch". Other then that I do not see any clear advantage a player gaines by wearing it on their belt. My daughter always complains about it being uncomfortable and they already have screwed up tan lines....can we give them some type of break?

coachjwb

Reaction score
I haven't heard that it was illegal to wear on the belt, and have had several coaches tell me they either had the entire team or some of their players wearing it there. Maybe if somehow the pitcher was getting a sun glare off the band, though that seems unlikely?? As far as being uncomfortable, I know I carry 2 different sizes and the majority of players even at the high school seem to prefer the tighter fit. VC183, how old is your daughter? I don't know if your team got it's system and bands from me, but depending on her age, maybe I could send you the adult size if she's currently wearing youth. Email me at jffbaker3@gmail.com if you'd like.

Jeff

VC183

Reaction score
I do not know where her coach got the system from, I will ask. See attached picture from a Tweet from OHSFSCA

Attachments

• OHSFSCA pic.jpg
    OHSFSCA pic.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 21

coachjwb

Reaction score
Thanks ... must be some kind of a safety reason, though I can't think of why ... anyone else have any insight on this?

coachjwb

Reaction score
I just wanted to send another quick thank you for the coaches who endorsed my wristband systems above, as well as others who have got my systems in the past and recommended them to others. The number of wristband systems I had done the previous 2 years had fallen off fairly dramatically, but so far this year is up almost double from last year. Some of it may also be due to the 3 window wristbands I carry now which allow teams to more easily have both a hitting and baserunning system, and a pitch-calling or defensive system. I'm getting a lot of great feedback on the new wristbands and how much the systems are really helping teams. And Karen and Megan, if you're reading this, but between the increased activity and the increase in the amount per order I have pledged to Stay in Softball, I'll be sending you out a nice check soon!

coachjwb

Reaction score
As things wind down on the current tournament season and try-outs get started for next, let me know if you're interested in information on wristband systems which can be very effective and affordable. I just got my first order of the new season for one of the college teams that I'm doing now for the 5th season. Over the last 6 years, I've done about 400 systems, probably 2/3 for travel teams and the other 1/3 for school teams ... high school, college and middle school. If you're interested, don't go out and buy wristbands on your own ... I can sometimes supply the bands and a system for less than what you can buy just the bands on your own. Email me at jffbaker3@gmail.com for more information.

coachtomv

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The USA Patriots WWAST are proud to have Jeff Baker as one of our sponsors. I have used his systems in the past with great success. I asked the girls what they wanted to do, wrist bands vs hand signals and overwhelming number like the systems for communications. Use them as designed and they can actually speed up calls and games and eliminate mental/communication errors. Thanks Coach JWB!