Bracket Seeding.....

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
It blows my mind these past 6 years of how many times, I take a look at the initial paperwork of a tournament and start shaking my head when I start looking at potential matchups and see a bracket absolutely seeded incorrectly. (I'll lay off of you this year Spano, but you still are messed up --- 12U is brutal, 10U is bad also) Last weekend in Toledo, was another instance like wtheck. You don't understand the amount of times I have seen something similar to this underneath -- the initial pairings are correct, but WINNER 1/8 should be playing WINNER 4/5 NOT 3/6 -- didn't matter since we went 0-3 playing but just saying, tired of seeing it

SEED #1
SEED #8

SEED #3
SEED #6

SEED #2
SEED #7

SEED #4
SEED #5

Last edited:

kbruce202

Reaction score
It blows my mind these past 6 years of how many times, I take a look at the initial paperwork of a tournament and start shaking my head when I start looking at potential matchups and see a bracket absolutely seeded incorrectly. (I'll lay off of you this year Spano, but you still are messed up --- 12U is brutal, 10U is bad also) Last weekend in Toledo, was another instance like wtheck. You don't understand the amount of times I have seen something similar to this underneath -- the initial pairings are correct, but WINNER 1/8 should be playing WINNER 4/5 NOT 3/6 -- didn't matter since we went 0-3 playing but just saying, tired of seeing it

SEED #1
SEED #8

SEED #3
SEED #6

SEED #2
SEED #7

SEED #4
SEED #5
Coach you are absolutely correct. I wrestled my whole life and saw brackets every weekend. Never understood why softball would be any different. Perhaps it's a lack of understanding. Print off a wrestling bracket and place your seeds accordingly. Fairly simple.

Richard Smith

Reaction score
I have learned a few things over the past couple years as TD for the Pavilion on seeding. What I found was with 8 teams it is better to have 2 pools of 4 and cross seed the bracket. PoolA #1 vs Pool B #4, Pool A #2 vs Pool B #3, Pool A #3 vs Pool B #2. This avoids teams playing the same teams in pool play and 1st round of bracket play. Mistakes have been made along the way, and those are lessons learned. Yes Matt, if not cross seeding into bracket, in an 8 team bracket the teams seeded into the bracket should be

#1 vs #8
#4 vs #5

#2 vs #7
#3 vs #6

In a 6 team bracket on 2 fields
#1 Bye
#4 vs #5

#2 Bye
#3 vs #6

Last edited: