Do you think Summer Season will be cancelled ?

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
I read that as well and also saw a story from Yahoo (of all sites) that there are reports that heat and humidity kill this thing off pretty quickly which would explain that lower numbers in the southern states. I am just hoping summer comes roaring in with lots of heat and humidity and we see these numbers fall quickly and get things opened back up!

What about California? It’s hot there... they have a crap load of cases.

I don’t think this virus discrimination.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I read that as well and also saw a story from Yahoo (of all sites) that there are reports that heat and humidity kill this thing off pretty quickly which would explain that lower numbers in the southern states. I am just hoping summer comes roaring in with lots of heat and humidity and we see these numbers fall quickly and get things opened back up!
hmm... i actually heard the opposite of that. They originally hoped that was true - similar to the flu... but later rejected that theory. But hey! who the h*ll knows.
Cant seem to get a true story on any news stations anymore. lol

Tallmadge Force Gold

Reaction score
I've been hearing that too and the data backs it up:

Deaths per million in each state (top 20)
933 New York
473 New Jersey
315 Connecticut
278 Louisiana
250 Massachusetts
240 Michigan
142 Rhode Island
140 District Of Columbia
101 Illinois
97 Pennsylvania
86 Washington
85 Indiana
81 Maryland
74 Colorado
71 Delaware
67 Georgia
61 Vermont
53 Mississippi
53 Nevada
40 Ohio

Lot of cold weather states in that list.

PaulP

Reaction score
I read UV light (not heat) kills the virus relatively quickly, which will provide some protection for people that touch things outside. But few people are outside now under current social distancing methods, and lots of people are dying, so I don’t expect summer to lower the risk.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
UV light can also cause cancer and cataract if you look at the light too long. It is not safe unless used with precautions. i know it is used in other countries where robotic machine go thru hospitals and sanitize rooms hallways etc... there are also UV light systems that go into your home duct work to sanitize or clean the air too... i can see someone inventing a hands cleaning machine that uses UV lights.. just put your hands into for 10-15 seconds.. no touch. just put them in there and they are clean.

Cat-Man

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone knows by now. Ohio schools closed for the remainder of the year. School ball is done. Very sad.

Takedn2

Reaction score
I would be surprised if we are playing games before the summer is over.

Icemike

Reaction score
Most of the big tournaments rely on facilities that are not likely to accessible anytime soon. Berliner, OSU, Olentangy schools. Can’t see summer happening. So sad.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
Some of the “Big” early June tournaments already sent out schedules. Guess when you go to cancel good luck with that. Or when they have to cancel they can keep even more because they did some work.

All good.

OHsoftball

Reaction score
I'm a bit more optimistic... We can't cancel everything forever. Well maybe we will but what would be the point? I see number of cases and hospitalizations being way down by summer. If so, let the kids play.

OHsoftball

Reaction score
Also, remember.. we are seeing this huge spike in number of cases because of more testing, especially in the prisons. The good thing is, 80%+ had no symptoms... which means the virus does not have ill effects on that many people. I think number of hospitalizations are more relevant than number of cases when it comes to determining how "bad" we think it is here. But I also feel like the number of discharges should be reported also. We only know a cumulative number of hospitalizations, not the number that's currently hospitalized..

SonicMojo

Reaction score
Also, remember.. we are seeing this huge spike in number of cases because of more testing, especially in the prisons. The good thing is, 80%+ had no symptoms... which means the virus does not have ill effects on that many people. I think number of hospitalizations are more relevant than number of cases when it comes to determining how "bad" we think it is here. But I also feel like the number of discharges should be reported also. We only know a cumulative number of hospitalizations, not the number that's currently hospitalized..

The places where they have done random testing for antibodies reveal that 5-15% of the population has already contracted the virus and are no longer contagious. That tells us a few things:

1. The death rate is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than previously believed--less than 0.5%
2. The virus is not serious for the overwhelming degree of people
3. Efforts at detection testing, and quarantining healthy people, are misguided. The virus is already out there and widespread. All testing energy and dollars should be devoted to serological antibody testing, not detection testing.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The places where they have done random testing for antibodies reveal that 5-15% of the population has already contracted the virus and are no longer contagious.

no longer contagious?? please share your research because i have not heard this. I beleive they dont know if anyone is no longer contagious because there has not been enough antibody testing or results.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
the problem is pretty simple in my eyes.... 1st -this is the fastest most transmittable virus many many many VIP doctors have ever seen... thus the reason 184 countries in the world were infected so damn fast. no current vaccine. The unknown.... is the 2nd part and fear of the unknown. everyday we get 1 step closer to a solution and things are changing rapidly.. so lets all be patient and follow government guidelines until there is no more "unknown". and from what i research... kids young and healthy doesn't mean they cant get sick or cant get others sick by being a carrier of covid. if 1 kid dies... was it worth it to get on the fields too early??? i dont think so.

OHsoftball

Reaction score
no longer contagious?? please share your research because i have not heard this. I beleive they dont know if anyone is no longer contagious because there has not been enough antibody testing or results.

I think he means those people have antibodies which means they would be immune to this current version of the virus.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think he means those people have antibodies which means they would be immune to this current version of the virus.
not true at all... thats why i am asking to see the research about this. dont be naive. just because you may have had it or thought you had it.... does not mean you cant get it again. there are not enough studies on this yet... please share because i HOPE i am wrong

OHsoftball

Reaction score
the problem is pretty simple in my eyes.... 1st -this is the fastest most transmittable virus many many many VIP doctors have ever seen... thus the reason 184 countries in the world were infected so damn fast. no current vaccine. The unknown.... is the 2nd part and fear of the unknown. everyday we get 1 step closer to a solution and things are changing rapidly.. so lets all be patient and follow government guidelines until there is no more "unknown". and from what i research... kids young and healthy doesn't mean they cant get sick or cant get others sick by being a carrier of covid. if 1 kid dies... was it worth it to get on the fields too early??? i dont think so.

So like I said, are we going to cancel everything forever because of the "unknown"... I've read a lot of experts don't believe a vaccine is the golden ticket out of this like everyone thinks. What happens when another strand pops up? Then we start all over again? This is a never ending cycle if we keep this up. I work with cancer patients everyday, and one thing it has taught me is to live your life when you can because you never know if you will have tomorrow. I don't want to hide from this virus, I don't want the kids to miss out on things they can never get back because who knows if we will even be here tomorrow?

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
I know this Quarantine shit is for the Birds!! I have had about as much of it as I can handle.

I thought I would love working from home!!
Guess what!!.... Very much Dislike it!

My Yard looks pretty damn good though. My Landscape is starting to come together too!

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So like I said, are we going to cancel everything forever because of the "unknown"... I've read a lot of experts don't believe a vaccine is the golden ticket out of this like everyone thinks. What happens when another strand pops up? Then we start all over again? This is a never ending cycle if we keep this up. I work with cancer patients everyday, and one thing it has taught me is to live your life when you can because you never know if you will have tomorrow. I don't want to hide from this virus, I don't want the kids to miss out on things they can never get back because who knows if we will even be here tomorrow?
again...no disrespect....... if you cant show the research.... dont post stuff that you ASSUME..... you know the deal when you ASS U ME