Do you think Summer Season will be cancelled ?

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well if there is a bunch of teams from a certain Org. pulling new enclosed trailers to tournaments you will know what kind of refund they gave!
The event that has already sent it's schedule out and has the possible horrible refund policy - Well, I don't think the teams that carry that same name actually get any of the money from the event. Believe the guy with the naming rights keeps most of the profits!

SonicMojo

Reaction score
The event that has already sent it's schedule out and has the possible horrible refund policy - Well, I don't think the teams that carry that same name actually get any of the money from the event. Believe the guy with the naming rights keeps most of the profits!

Now that's interesting. Based on this comment I went and had a look at Guidestar.org. I see filings for Outlaws, Doom, Stingrays, etc., but nothing for the Lasers. That's quite surprising. Then I went over and had a look at the Ohio Secretary of State business lookup page. That was alarming.

IRdad09

Reaction score
Here is what the governor of PA had to say today with his color coded guide to reopening the state. Keep in mind the green phase is the final stage. I have to still be missing something here. Are we going to wear masks and social distance the rest of our lives? :mad::mad:
The green phase will lift the state’s “aggressive mitigation orders,” but will still require individuals and businesses to follow health department guidelines on social distancing.

Even when regions or counties hit the green phase, there will still be requirements to wear masks, Mr. Wolf said.

OHsoftball

Reaction score
Here is what the governor of PA had to say today with his color coded guide to reopening the state. Keep in mind the green phase is the final stage. I have to still be missing something here. Are we going to wear masks and social distance the rest of our lives? :mad::mad:
The green phase will lift the state’s “aggressive mitigation orders,” but will still require individuals and businesses to follow health department guidelines on social distancing.

Even when regions or counties hit the green phase, there will still be requirements to wear masks, Mr. Wolf said.

Listen to The White House press conferences. Trump, Dr. Fauci, Dr. Birx and Dr. Redfield seem a bit more optimistic than PA and OH governors. After listening to Dewine and Acton, I feel like jumping off a cliff ...but these doctors mentioned seem to have a much more positive outlook.

Dwheeler83

Reaction score
Dewine is comparing Ohio to New York City. Last time I checked Ohio did not jam one million people into a one square mile area. News flash this virus has been here for 6 months and they all missed the boat. Maybe we should send Dewine and Dr. Actin to New York to fix all there problems!

RedsDad

Reaction score
Now that's interesting. Based on this comment I went and had a look at Guidestar.org. I see filings for Outlaws, Doom, Stingrays, etc., but nothing for the Lasers. That's quite surprising. Then I went over and had a look at the Ohio Secretary of State business lookup page. That was alarming.
I found them on Guidestar, no problem. Also looked at the Secretary of State business page and wasn't alarmed at what I saw. Enlighten me on what I'm missing?

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
I don't see OH having summer tournaments with DeWines 10 person gathering order. Also with schools and colleges closed these venues are off limits. Heck they are not even sure they will have fall football or how Ohio is going to get kids back in the classroom ....

Now, I did talk to one of my buds down in sevierville TN and while they have cancelled all April events they are planning on running events as soon as mothers day...Alabama is looking at May 11th both will have spectator and some other restrictions so if a team can travel they can play.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

just curious... democrat??

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
Yesterday my 16yr old Daughter (Zhari) and I went to the field to get some work in. Run in to Steve Muck. Love that guy! He and Emma are down at the fields a few times a week getting work in.

anyways during warmups Z and I are talking and she’s telling me how some of her school ball teammates are super depressed over this and they are getting bored hitting into nets and so on.

20mins later working on some routine outfield footwork my daughter breaks down into tears. I thought maybe she twisted an ankle or something. We start talking again and she too is so emotional over All this stuff and just doesn’t understand how this is all possible. She’s a smart kid by the way. She says dad influenza has killed more than this Coronavirus. Why is the government trying to control us and make this out to be worse than what it is?
I give her a little pep talk/ speech and let her know why and that this is gonna pass and we are all gonna be ok and we get back to practice.

Breaks my heart to see these kids going through this BS and it needs to come to an end. Softball or not we need Normalcy back.

kids can only hit in a net so much before they are just going through the motions.

get your kids out there on a field and work with them. Spend time with them and talk to them.

this is tough on these kids mentally. I am just realizing that. Someone pointed it out in a thread and it really didn’t sink in till I got to see my own daughter crying and worked up over this last night.

Get the Athletes on the field!

jt7663

Reaction score
Unfortunately I had mentioned in a earlier post that DD was Very, Very emotional with the cancellation of HS Season. Tried to deflect it & use the how bad it is for Seniors who went from a promising HS Season to have never had a chanced to play their LAST Softball Game (for some girls). Don't know how to help those girls dealing with that entire situation just so upset for them.
I have to stay positive thinking NO WAY can she lose an entire Softball Year to this besides I Don't even want to think about having to tell her that Travel Ball Season is cancelled.

IRdad09

Reaction score
Yesterday my 16yr old Daughter (Zhari) and I went to the field to get some work in. Run in to Steve Muck. Love that guy! He and Emma are down at the fields a few times a week getting work in.

anyways during warmups Z and I are talking and she’s telling me how some of her school ball teammates are super depressed over this and they are getting bored hitting into nets and so on.

20mins later working on some routine outfield footwork my daughter breaks down into tears. I thought maybe she twisted an ankle or something. We start talking again and she too is so emotional over All this stuff and just doesn’t understand how this is all possible. She’s a smart kid by the way. She says dad influenza has killed more than this Coronavirus. Why is the government trying to control us and make this out to be worse than what it is?
I give her a little pep talk/ speech and let her know why and that this is gonna pass and we are all gonna be ok and we get back to practice.

Breaks my heart to see these kids going through this BS and it needs to come to an end. Softball or not we need Normalcy back.

kids can only hit in a net so much before they are just going through the motions.

get your kids out there on a field and work with them. Spend time with them and talk to them.

this is tough on these kids mentally. I am just realizing that. Someone pointed it out in a thread and it really didn’t sink in till I got to see my own daughter crying and worked up over this last night.

Get the Athletes on the field!

I'm in a different boat than you, but it is still hard on them. I now see that more than ever. My youngest is to young to understand so that is easy, my middle one if she never had to leave the house again she would be a happy camper, again easy. However, my oldest, her life is sports. From a very young age, by the way just tuned 11, that is what she has been drawn to, sure it was easy for me to steer her in that direction as well, but it is what she truly wants to do. Last week, Thursday or Friday we were working out in the garage and she just lost it. She probably cried for a solid 20-30 minutes. Everything has been taken from these kids, there is no Normalcy and most cannot fully comprehend why. Heck, most of us are questioning why we are going to the lengths our elected leaders are imposing on us.

She/They have no school to go to, no practices, no games, no lessons, no other kid interaction other than text or facetime, except for her little sisters. I'm sure it has to be even harder on the older kids who are losing out on their final school memories, prom, what have you. I never complained before, but I am missing our time together. My DD and I are super close and have been since she was very little. I miss the drives 2hrs each way to softball practice where she will open up and talk in a way that she doesn't when mom is around at home. Short term I hope these amazing girls get to play some ball this summer. Long term I hope they are able to talk through this and there is long term ramifications. I am hoping soon enough we can start to get back to "normal". When and how I don't know, but we need to. All we can do is continue to work as if there is a game this weekend and prepare the best we can.

Cat-Man

Reaction score
What I've done when talking to my DD is drew parallels to having a season ending injury. My DD has never had one, but she has friends who have. I told her that she now has to experience the (emotional) pain and heartache that those kids felt by having something that they love unexpectedly taken away from them, without having to deal with the (physical) pain and rehab. In some aspects it is worse for the injured kids, because those kids had to sit there and watch their friends/teammates experience all the joys of softball while they sat helpless on the sidelines. At least EVERY kid is going through the same thing right now. So they don't have that feeling of being "left out". Als0, those injured kids had to go thru the anguish of wondering if their bodies would recover enough to ever let them play again, as opposed to the kids in this situation are only dealing with a delay until they play again (except for most seniors).

While I didn't really expect that to make my daughter feel better about the situation, I think it has helped her not fall into the mindset of "it's not fair".

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I want every who does not read the entire thread and only the current posts know, I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT THE STINGRAYS SHOWCASE!!!
The event I was initially referencing in post #219, I believe, was announced by another poster 2 posts later, #221, I believe.....

Stingrays have ran one of, if not, the best tournament in Ohio for many years. A couple of years ago when a storm cam through on late Friday afternoon, my team had one Pool Play game that got cancelled. We played all our other games and the single elimination tournament. Unexpectedly, a few weeks later I received a refund check from the Stingrays for that one game that was not played!!!! Never expected that! And it was well more than the cost on an Umpire!!! They didn't need to do that - but showed how 1st Class they are.

So please be aware of this! This will be my last comment on the initial tournament that if the thread is fully read - everyone should know which event it is! Hopefully, we are playing in June! If not, hopefully they do the right thing in such a historic time. Otherwise, I will then give additional comments......

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
I want every who does not read the entire thread and only the current posts know, I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT THE STINGRAYS SHOWCASE!!!
The event I was initially referencing in post #219, I believe, was announced by another poster 2 posts later, #221, I believe.....

Stingrays have ran one of, if not, the best tournament in Ohio for many years. A couple of years ago when a storm cam through on late Friday afternoon, my team had one Pool Play game that got cancelled. We played all our other games and the single elimination tournament. Unexpectedly, a few weeks later I received a refund check from the Stingrays for that one game that was not played!!!! Never expected that! And it was well more than the cost on an Umpire!!! They didn't need to do that - but showed how 1st Class they are.

So please be aware of this! This will be my last comment on the initial tournament that if the thread is fully read - everyone should know which event it is! Hopefully, we are playing in June! If not, hopefully they do the right thing in such a historic time. Otherwise, I will then give additional comments......

Russ I believe most of us knew what tournament and organization you was referring to. All good brother.

SonicMojo

Reaction score
I found them on Guidestar, no problem. Also looked at the Secretary of State business page and wasn't alarmed at what I saw. Enlighten me on what I'm missing?

Under what name did you find them on Guidestar? What was the year of the most recent 990 filing? I see where a few of the individual teams have obtained EINs, but I see no overarching organization, or any 990 filing at all.

Last edited:

daboss

Reaction score
These poor softball girls can't catch a break. I just read that NEXT spring the 17 year Cicada is due to hit the Tri-state area with billions of them swarming the area from May-June. I don't know about your kid, but my daughter would rather risk the chance of getting Coronavirus than to play in the middle of all those things. She HATES bugs! LMAO

I mean couldn't fate have at least dealt them a little better hand by having those things come out THIS spring??

That's funny stuff!!!!!

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The real problem with everything going on is that this is just the first round. Most Doctors in authoritarian positions are predicting, like the flu, recurring waves of Covid-19. We could return to some form of "normalcy" only to find ourselves right back to where we are right now, or even under worse restrictions. IMO, until at least 80% of the population has had it and survived or a vaccine that proves extremely effective is developed things are going to remain relatively unchanged. What this means for school sports, rec ball and TB in the immediate future IDK but I'm not holding my breath. Don't get me wrong, some businesses will reopen and there will be some sense of "normalcy" restored but the far reaching ramifications of this period in time are still undisclosed and will be felt by all of us for many years to come. Heck, the Ivy's have been discussing going strictly on-line for the Fall semester for a couple of weeks now. The real questions aren't whether we will be able to play again or not, it's when and under what circumstances? What will become the new norm for playing?

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
yo yocoach ! i hear ya... here;s my take. things change everyday. new tests are being developed and now they have a home test and a saliva test. the capabilities grow daily in the amount of testing we can do. Its amazing what the private sector has done! GO USA! i think 80% of us all already had it one way or another. getting a vaccine will take a long time but we dont have a cure for the flu and we seem to do alright each and every year. once the numbers are in i bet it will be a % of a % of people that may die and will be less than the flu bug that hits us every year. but with governors in control of things publicly held fields might not play... privately ones will. i think we could be playing in some way by mid June. once that sun comes out and if you shoot up some lysol... you'll be fine. (JK - dont shoot up lysol people!! jk) gotta have a sense of humor.

daboss

Reaction score
What I've done when talking to my DD is drew parallels to having a season ending injury. My DD has never had one, but she has friends who have. I told her that she now has to experience the (emotional) pain and heartache that those kids felt by having something that they love unexpectedly taken away from them, without having to deal with the (physical) pain and rehab. In some aspects it is worse for the injured kids, because those kids had to sit there and watch their friends/teammates experience all the joys of softball while they sat helpless on the sidelines. At least EVERY kid is going through the same thing right now. So they don't have that feeling of being "left out". Als0, those injured kids had to go thru the anguish of wondering if their bodies would recover enough to ever let them play again, as opposed to the kids in this situation are only dealing with a delay until they play again (except for most seniors).

While I didn't really expect that to make my daughter feel better about the situation, I think it has helped her not fall into the mindset of "it's not fair".

Extremely wise approach Cat-Man. I can't say enough good things about the content in this post!!!!