Do you think Summer Season will be cancelled ?

Cat-Man

Reaction score
Still doesn't sound like any more direction or clarification from Dewine today regarding sports gatherings. Maybe it will come this week as it sounds like there are some folks on youth sports behalf trying to get answers from the state government.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...ts-head-testifies-ohio-government/3033803001/

Here is an excerpt from the article:

Youth sports organizations across the Tri-State are looking for guidance on how to proceed with their activities as Ohio prepares to reopen some sectors of its economy in May.

That was the message from Mark Lewandowski, the president of the Lakota Sports Organization in Butler County, as he testified to Ohio lawmakers Monday morning.

“There have been a lot of discussions on high school sports, but there are hundreds if not thousands of programs such as ours that are outside of the high school associations, that are actively looking for guidance on how we can support our communities,” he said. “Many people believe that high school and youth sports are connected and that these things have already been taken care of.”

Lewandowski was one of 10 business owners who gave a presentation Monday during a virtual meeting of the Ohio Economic Recovery Task Force.

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
Still doesn't sound like any more direction or clarification from Dewine today regarding sports gatherings. Maybe it will come this week as it sounds like there are some folks on youth sports behalf trying to get answers from the state government.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...ts-head-testifies-ohio-government/3033803001/

Youth sports organizations across the Tri-State are looking for guidance on how to proceed with their activities as Ohio prepares to reopen some sectors of its economy in May.

That was the message from Mark Lewandowski, the president of the Lakota Sports Organization in Butler County, as he testified to Ohio lawmakers Monday morning.

“There have been a lot of discussions on high school sports, but there are hundreds if not thousands of programs such as ours that are outside of the high school associations, that are actively looking for guidance on how we can support our communities,” he said. “Many people believe that high school and youth sports are connected and that these things have already been taken care of.”

Lewandowski was one of 10 business owners who gave a presentation Monday during a virtual meeting of the Ohio Economic Recovery Task Force.
Good information...thank you. It looks like DeWine wants to see what happens the next 2 weeks...not only in Ohio with what he has in place, but other states who have opened more...before committing to anything else other than what was mentioned today.

FC2019

Reaction score
I would just love to have a date in mind he dont have to stick to it . And i dont think you can stay in hotels at this point i think they are running at half staff .

tdford5

Reaction score
Website
www.leaguelineup.com

read !!
https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/po...business-closures/continued-business-closures

IRdad09

Reaction score
I read it. It is upsetting. I will stay defiant and say we will play softball, but to a larger point we will get some good recreation in at other places as well. I'm sure I'll get bashed, but we cannot stay locked in our homes forever. The numbers are low and there is no justification for the continued lockdown of outdoor facilities.. Just my opinion, I am no doctor, but it is getting absurd.

Mad Hornet

Reaction score
I read it. It is upsetting. I will stay defiant and say we will play softball, but to a larger point we will get some good recreation in at other places as well. I'm sure I'll get bashed, but we cannot stay locked in our homes forever. The numbers are low and there is no justification for the continued lockdown of outdoor facilities.. Just my opinion, I am no doctor, but it is getting absurd.

Agreed. Beyond disgusted. Was supposed to be reopening but in fact, barely anything is reopening! Gyms were supposed to be reopening but not now. But he's issued the requirement of a face covering so in fact we are less free. First 15 days to flatten the curve. Then 45. Now ????? I didn't think we elected a crackpot doctor to be governor but apparently that's what we got. One term

RedsDad

Reaction score
Under what name did you find them on Guidestar? What was the year of the most recent 990 filing? I see where a few of the individual teams have obtained EINs, but I see no overarching organization, or any 990 filing at all.
The wording of your statement made me believe you found no results in your search at all. I also found the individual teams as you're clarifying here, I should have been more clear in that regard. As for the Secretary of State business page, I'm still unclear in what you found that was alarming??

tdford5

Reaction score
Website
www.leaguelineup.com
Agreed. Beyond disgusted. Was supposed to be reopening but in fact, barely anything is reopening! Gyms were supposed to be reopening but not now. But he's issued the requirement of a face covering so in fact we are less free. First 15 days to flatten the curve. Then 45. Now ????? I didn't think we elected a crackpot doctor to be governor but apparently that's what we got. One term
I watch Dewine daily he been stating for weeks a slow reopening , What you have to understand its the fact we can not overwhelm the hospitals , nothing else this stay at home order was to get Ohio hospitals prepared and ready , and not have the infestation like New York. I know everyone wants to play ball or any sports far as this goes , but if 1 tournament infests 100 people then they take the virus home to work ect. think of how many can then become ill? Also remember people may have the virus and not show any symptoms this is the scary part

coachjwb

Reaction score
I am going to say a few things here that some of you who I've met or done business with aren't going to like, but I'm sorry, I just have to say my peace ...

I think DeWine has done a great job handling this whole thing and 85% of the state agrees. He was one of the first to close things down and, believe it or not, he is one of the first to open them back up. I believe Ohio will have more success than some of the other states that are opening things back up perhaps a little faster, because DeWine was one of the first to close things up, and because he is doing the reopening in a measured fashion. This is just a frustrating situation for all and its easy to play armchair quarterback.

For those of us who are "senior citizens" and/or who may have preexisting conditions, those of you who are calling this "survival of the fittest" or "culling of the herd", how dare you anoint yourself Lord, God and executioner? Have you told your parents or grandparents that's the way you feel? I hope you live long enough to realize you were talking about yourself and/or people who you love.

Come on people, let's keep things in perspective. I know this would have crushed my daughter to have missed a season of high school, college or travel ball too. But ask her if she would have given it up willingly for the life of me or other relatives she loved, and she'd have no hesitancy answering that.

And yes, any comparisons of a highly contagious and pretty lethal disease to car accidents, heart attacks, and cancer make one look ridiculous, including some of our federal government officials and advisors who apparently have lost their minds.

Last edited:

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
so back to the original post- coach.... do you think summer ball will be canceled?

coachjwb

Reaction score
I said earlier in this thread (I think) that I did think it would be cancelled ... but I will say now that I could see it being back by July with restrictions.

SonicMojo

Reaction score
I am going to say a few things here that some of you who I've met or done business with aren't going to like, but I'm sorry, I just have to say my peace ...

I think DeWine has done a great job handling this whole thing and 85% of the state agrees. He was one of the first to close things down and, believe it or not, he is one of the first to open them back up. I believe Ohio will have more success than some of the other states that are opening things back up perhaps a little faster, because DeWine was one of the first to close things up, and because he is doing the reopening in a measured fashion. This is just a frustrating situation for all and its easy to play armchair quarterback.

For those of us who are "senior citizens" and/or who may have preexisting conditions, those of you who are calling this "survival of the fittest" or "culling of the herd", how dare you anoint yourself Lord, God and executioner? Have you told your parents or grandparents that's the way you feel? I hope you live long enough to realize you were talking about yourself and/or people who you love.

Come on people, let's keep things in perspective. I know this would have crushed my daughter to have missed a season of high school, college or travel ball too. But ask her if she would have given it up willingly for the life of me or other relatives she loved, and she'd have no hesitancy answering that.

And yes, any comparisons of a highly contagious and pretty lethal disease to car accidents, heart attacks, and cancer make one look ridiculous, including some of our federal government officials and advisors who apparently have lost their minds.

He is losing support because he keeps either moving the goalposts or hiding the goalposts. When this started, we were told the purpose was to "flatten the curve" so that hospitals would not be overwhelmed. Mission accomplished. They're empty. The decisions are not being driven by science at this point. There's only one reporter who asks tough, data-driven questions and he is summarily dismissed by DeWine everyday.

Our office has been open this entire time. Somehow as of yesterday it is imperative that we all have wear masks, starting in 2 weeks. What part of the science says that masks will be necessary in 2 weeks, but somehow aren't required now? There's no logical consistency to that. It engenders a total lack of faith.

What conditions will be necessary to allow me to get a haircut? The fact that they can't even give an estimate of what those parameters will be tells me they are just making it all up as they go.

IRdad09

Reaction score
He is losing support because he keeps either moving the goalposts or hiding the goalposts. When this started, we were told the purpose was to "flatten the curve" so that hospitals would not be overwhelmed. Mission accomplished. They're empty. The decisions are not being driven by science at this point. There's only one reporter who asks tough, data-driven questions and he is summarily dismissed by DeWine everyday.

Our office has been open this entire time. Somehow as of yesterday it is imperative that we all have wear masks, starting in 2 weeks. What part of the science says that masks will be necessary in 2 weeks, but somehow aren't required now? There's no logical consistency to that. It engenders a total lack of faith.

What conditions will be necessary to allow me to get a haircut? The fact that they can't even give an estimate of what those parameters will be tells me they are just making it all up as they go.

Sonic I agree with you wholly. My frustration is partially stemming because who wants to be "locked down". I get it we are all in the same boat so we have to adapt for a short time. My anger is exactly this. Masks haven't been required, I have not personally worn one so go ahead and judge, but all of a sudden they will be, based on what. Luckily our entire company is working remote and just yesterday in an all company meeting our CEO said no one will force me to wear a face mask at work so we will continue to work from home until that order is lifted. We did flatten the curve at least based on the numbers they are providing, yet we will continue to destroy the economy and force the small local shops, hair salons, nail shops, restaurants to remain closed. Maybe he jump the gun at the beginning when he said 15 days, but having it continue to evolve and stretch out based on the advice of seemingly 1 person doesn't make sense to me. I certainly don't want to see an uptick in cases. It is bound to happen as more people get out, my concern is as soon as we see the inevitable we will get locked down instantly again. This thread may have deviated a little from the original post, but it has been great for me. Seeing others opinions, giving some a place to vent I feel has been a good thing.

As for playing this summer. I'm now thinking the middle of June at the very earliest, however, if I were to put money on it I would say July 1st. As my DD's coach said the other day WV as of now doesn't have any restrictions we'll look there.

coachjwb

Reaction score
Sonic ... the goalposts have moved for sure, but I attribute that to more knowledge of the disease and how it affects the population. No one in the government was advocating masks until they got more data on this. Masks should probably be required now ... they were recommended earlier for sure ... but now that we are expecting a lot of people to start having more interaction, the importance increases. They are making it up as they go, because they've never had to deal with such a situation before, and this virus is new.

coachjwb

Reaction score
Also know that the governors are all talking to each other, and other medical experts inside and outside the government. In the end, they each are doing their own thing ... and I guess we'll see which approaches worked best. There definitely is a hefty economic price to pay for being "safer", and I certainly don't have enough knowledge to know what is the right trade-off. But I know I want to stay in this world a little longer (I just turned 65 and retire in 3 days), and have some good friends who I want to see do that as well.

IRdad09

Reaction score
Also know that the governors are all talking to each other, and other medical experts inside and outside the government. In the end, they each are doing their own thing ... and I guess we'll see which approaches worked best. There definitely is a hefty economic price to pay for being "safer", and I certainly don't have enough knowledge to know what is the right trade-off. But I know I want to stay in this world a little longer (I just turned 65 and retire in 3 days), and have some good friends who I want to see do that as well.

Congratulations!!!! Hope you get to enjoy every minute of it.

SoftballBomb

Reaction score
Well smoking a cigarette is a choice people make everyday knowing that they cause cancer but they still do it correct? I want to be able to make my own choice not some politician telling me what to do. We have been on lockdown since March 22 yet people are still getting covid-19 how did that workout? Not to mention all the numbers are lies and have no credibility. Did you have enough food since the stay at home order that you never went out to a grocery store? Grocery stores are way more dangerous than a softball field. Listen if you guys want the government in control of everything we do on life that’s your choice but I don’t. This is called thinning the herd, just like in the animal world the weak never survive and I’m ok with that, I’m willing to take that chance to have my freedom! If David Koresh was still alive he would have been a great politician!

Faces of life cut short due to coronavirus.

Dwheeler83 I’m glad your ok with these people losing their battle with coronavirus. So tell me how many of the weak people life’s are you willing to sacrifice to protect your freedom? Is 50,00 or 100,000 life’s on your shoulders ok or would you be willing to sacrifice 250,000 life’s to protect your freedom?

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:

Mad Hornet

Reaction score
Just spoke to my state representative and things are going to get interesting on May 4. The assertion of Dewine having an 85% approval of his handling of the pandemic are way wrong. Hopefully he wasn't blowing smoke but it sounds like the legislature is ready to rein him in.