Do you think Summer Season will be cancelled ?

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
I wonder how that will work for the teams that are coming from states that have been told to quarantine themselves for 14 days after leaving and entering back into their state (not sure all the states that follow under this-I know OH and KY). Unless a lot of those parents are still not working but for those that are aren't going to be able to afford to do that.. That is given those teams are still wanting to go I guess also. And given that the states are still under that. It really sucks that everything is still so up in the air.. Do you know if they are following any certain restrictions or all is well and play and spectate like normal?

Yet another stupid requirement... Big brother tracking your phone and credit cards to see where you have been? (Yes they are BTW)

I know a lot of truckers and field service guys that are all over the Midwest and do not self quarantine. I really cannot think of anyone I know that is going to self quarantine for 14 days unless they have traveled from outside the country...

IRdad09

Reaction score
So.....Unless i'm missing something. There is now a plan to open bars, restaurants and other services. That is great! However, how am I still not seeing a plan to open parks and such. Just doesn't make much sense.

Cat-Man

Reaction score
An absolute joke. The faction of society who are least at risk (kids) are being sheltered/restricted/punished the most.

As a side note, softball aside, I can't for the life of me figure out why it is ok to get a haircut or nails done, but can't go to a campground.

I voted for Dewine, but I won't be voting for him in November.

IRdad09

Reaction score
An absolute joke. The faction of society who are least at risk (kids) are being sheltered/restricted/punished the most.

As a side note, softball aside, I can't for the life of me figure out why it is ok to get a haircut or nails done, but can't go to a campground.

I voted for Dewine, but I won't be voting for him in November.

Agreed on all fronts with you. I used parks, but didn't necessarily mean softball. All open air areas should be open before the other indoor gathering places.

SonicMojo

Reaction score
While the order doesn't make logical sense, I get a lot of comfort today that we'll be on the fields soon based on the extent of things that were opened up today.

M & R Davis

Reaction score
While the order doesn't make logical sense, I get a lot of comfort today that we'll be on the fields soon based on the extent of things that were opened up today.

I agree. Also if going to allow restaurants then the group size of 10 has to go. He also said they would be looking at the 14 day quarantine. I expect we will got more direction on softball next week.

google1

Reaction score
Kentucky announced today that youth sports are starting June 15th... Hopefully DeWine will address the issue soon!

PaulP

Reaction score
I don’t have any inside information, but I think teams will be allowed to begin practicing in June. I just hope we can find somewhere to play, with an umpire, in July.

Cat-Man

Reaction score
Kentucky announced today that youth sports are starting June 15th... Hopefully DeWine will address the issue soon!

The IHSAA (Indiana) issued this statement yesterday:

" Provided there are no adjustments to Governor Eric Holcomb’s announced plans to re-open the State of Indiana, school sponsored summer activities may resume on July 1, 2020. "

flygirlsdad

Reaction score
Indiana sports set for Phase 4 of their plan on June 14. I wish Ohio would give some guidance on a date other than knowing schools are off limits through June 30.

Mad Hornet

Reaction score
Oh and interestingly in talking to a real doctor and not some tv quack, an unintended consequence of all the social distancing and mask wearing is that we are all lowering our immune systems
Indiana sports set for Phase 4 of their plan on June 14. I wish Ohio would give some guidance on a date other than knowing schools are off limits through June 30.
What does phase 4 mean? Just wondering what that means for the Midwest Firecracker.

her mom

Reaction score
Yet another stupid requirement... Big brother tracking your phone and credit cards to see where you have been? (Yes they are BTW)

I know a lot of truckers and field service guys that are all over the Midwest and do not self quarantine. I really cannot think of anyone I know that is going to self quarantine for 14 days unless they have traveled from outside the country...

I couldn't agree with you more. It's getting really old RREEEALY quick. Well, it was already old :/

flygirlsdad

Reaction score
Oh and interestingly in talking to a real doctor and not some tv quack, an unintended consequence of all the social distancing and mask wearing is that we are all lowering our immune systems

What does phase 4 mean? Just wondering what that means for the Midwest Firecracker.
Indiana is opening in phases. Phase 4 of their plan calls for leagues and tournaments to restart at some level on June 14 along with some other openings.

Rken15

Reaction score
Email the Governor or message through social media. If his staffers start seeing growing interest on the topic of youth sports, he will likely bring it up.

Dawgsdad

Reaction score
Email the Governor or message through social media. If his staffers start seeing growing interest on the topic of youth sports, he will likely bring it up.
I did on monday. No reply as of 5/9/20

SonicMojo

Reaction score
I did on monday. No reply as of 5/9/20

The governor has a youth sports task force that had its first meeting earlier this week. Ohio's travel softball interests are well represented on that task force. One of the members of the task force is a prominent and long time poster here. He's someone, who, if I had to pick who could be on it, would probably be my first choice. There are also a couple other softball voices. I feel good about our prospects given the makeup of the group.

Last edited:

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net

I just sent a lengthy message on the website. Great idea. If they get 20 people asking about youth sports I agree it should help out.

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
The governor has a youth sports task force that had its first meeting earlier this week. Ohio's travel softball interests are well represented on that task force. One of the members of the task force is a prominent and long time poster here. He's someone, who, if I had to pick who could be on it, would probably be my first choice. There are also a couple other softball voices. I feel good about our prospects given the makeup of the group.
I heard that there was a task force group and they had met last week....good to hear the right people are involved and being our voice.

Buckeye80

Reaction score
well if we are paying more for umpires then they should be able to take an ass chewing for messing up. There the only ones on the field that are getting payed and also have the ability to kick a person out.

With the current state of affairs, one would hope that if tournaments do resume that there are waaaaaaay higher priorities that giving an umpire an "ass chewing."
If there are any umpires on here, what are your feelings about resuming games? Do you plan on working games?