coaches wearing spikes

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
how many of you coaches out there wear baseball cleats during practices or during games?

if you do, plz explain why you do.

IRdad09

Reaction score
I don't. Can't think of a reason why I would honestly.

PaulP

Reaction score
I did sometimes if the field or grass was wet, but that only because they were more water proof than my sneakers

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did at one tourney during pool play. It was a Halloween time tourney and they had a costume contest. The girls dressed up as the Rockford Peaches and me as the Tom Hanks character from League of Our Own. We played in those costumes all day.

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
Back in 2011 played in Sparks up in Elgin Ill. There was a team where all coaches had on uniforms down to the cleats to match the players.
I know boys baseball has a lot of teams that do this but it was a first for softball for me.

SoftballBomb

Reaction score
I did at one tourney during pool play. It was a Halloween time tourney and they had a costume contest. The girls dressed up as the Rockford Peaches and me as the Tom Hanks character from League of Our Own. We played in those costumes all day.

That sound like that would be fun. I hope your team won the contest. Do you have any pictures of them? I would love to print a copy to hang in my Lady Cave.

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That sound like that would be fun. I hope your team won the contest. Do you have any pictures of them? I would love to print a copy to hang in my Lady Cave.
Unfortunately, we didn't win the contest although many thought we should have. As for pictures, they were archived with the team website when the organization folded and I have no access to them. The parents took them and I have none on my own phone to post. I still have the costume though.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
Turf shoes. Not sure why a coach would need cleats? I have noticed a few coaches wearing slides. Yes! Slides coaching 3rd base. I honestly thought the rule is no open toe shoes for coaches. ?? Maybe I made that up cause I didn’t want to look at the turds nasty toes for 75mins. Lol

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Always wore a coach shoe sort of like a turf from under armour. I did at one time wear a rubber cleat but i was playing 4 nights myself and coaching both my DD's and sons (yes, 7 days a week on a field) i didnt want to carry around 2-3 pairs of shoes.

RobR

Reaction score
I wear turf shoes as well. 1. Because Boombah makes a very comfortable turf shoe. 2. Because I try to wear team colors 3. Because I can't wear any of the new Nike's; I'm too old for that, I look ridiculous when I try to wear the same shoes as my 20 year old son... LOL

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
Always wore a coach shoe sort of like a turf from under armour. I did at one time wear a rubber cleat but i was playing 4 nights myself and coaching both my DD's and sons (yes, 7 days a week on a field) i didnt want to carry around 2-3 pairs of shoes.

I wish I could be on the fields 7 nights a week. Talk about being in heaven. Man that would be fun. 5 nights a week was the most I could ever get in one week. Coaching and or playing combined. Still wore turf shoes while coaching. Cleats hurt my feet anyways.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
408D31D2-BD3D-4AF9-9445-8791B7D422E1.jpeg
I wear turf shoes as well. 1. Because Boombah makes a very comfortable turf shoe. 2. Because I try to wear team colors 3. Because I can't wear any of the new Nike's; I'm too old for that, I look ridiculous when I try to wear the same shoes as my 20 year old son... LOL

You know your getting old if your Nike Style is this...
408D31D2-BD3D-4AF9-9445-8791B7D422E1.jpeg

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When Malls open back up, count the number of these on old guys walking around, Nike could stop making every other style and theyd still make bank on these. I guess they go well with 70's thigh high tube socks...

DLamb

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I am a crocs kinda guy, with socks though. I thought about getting some boombahs...how do they fit compared Jordan’s? I’m still getting dirt out of them, wore them one game. I wear a 14 in Nike and sometimes a 15 in Reebok.

9ball

Reaction score
Always wear a turf coaches shoe. Gotta get down and demonstrate for the 10 year olds still.