So now that softball is back on 5/26 in Ohio

wellbuckit

Reaction score
What do you think some of the restrictions will be at tournaments? Trust me I am truly ecstatic that they are getting back on the field but I am sure there are going to be some new guidelines that will need to be followed.

SonicMojo

Reaction score
No tournaments/games until 6/9
At least 30 minutes between games
Spectators must bring own seating - no bleachers

Dawgsdad

Reaction score
No tournaments/games until 6/9
At least 30 minutes between games
Spectators must bring own seating - no bleachers
Can you please provide info to support that post? We are trying to figure it all out. TIA

SonicMojo

Reaction score
OP said what do you think. Those are my thoughts, just based on observation of what has happened thus far. I'm not claiming to have inside info. For example, going from practices to games over 2 weeks is like going from dining outside only to dining everywhere. The other thoughts are just common sense approaches to social distancing.

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
My guess is most of USSSA's covid 19 plan since Mike Craig was on the advisory board

Bob_Himmelein

Reaction score
Most of these plans will be pretty much the same I would think, FASA policy is similar to those we have seen from other states. One issue myself and some others asked for guidance on was number of people in the park (percentage of Fire Marshal's limits) and number of players in dugouts at one time. We are planning on altering our formats to control size of crowd, but moving teams in and out and probably adding more games in early events and not being worried about play-offs, this will give teams more playing time, reduce congestion etc.
Hopefully we will see the document from state tomorrow!!

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess waiting until later tonight or tomorrow when they actually post those guidelines would be too much for some??? Be a lot better than to continue to spread rumors that no one is sure of....

SonicMojo

Reaction score
There are zero rumors in this thread, other than someone claiming guidelines will be posted tonight or tomorrow. That sound like a rumor to me.

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are zero rumors in this thread, other than someone claiming guidelines will be posted tonight or tomorrow. That sound like a rumor to me.

That is called being very anxious to know what is really going to happen!!! LOL

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
My guess is most of USSSA's covid 19 plan since Mike Craig was on the advisory board

I am not sure if they took what I contributed to heart or not. We have never seen a final draft or finished product. Trust me though, there were health board folks advising the group. They were really the ones driving this so do not be surprised when you see the guidelines. And please do not start blaming me for the finished product.

I honestly will not know until I see it like everyone else. I do feel that the next hurdles will be opening venues back up and if OHSAA will have influence on the high school venues opening prior to June 30.

Folks this is not going to be business as usual. And may not be for most of the summer.

Dwheeler83

Reaction score
I can tell you one thing, if the state tries to regulate thing to much Ohio will be the next Wisconsin!

google1

Reaction score
Any guidelines that they are putting forward is "recommended" safe practices. Am i the only person that hears it when everytime someone asks governors dip sh!t a question he replys.... "it will be up to each businesss and/or individual to decide what's best for them. These are only best practices that we are putting forward"... am i the only person that hears this? Reporters ask about gatherings... he replys "is up to each family to decide what's best for them"... reporter asks about travel... he replys "its up to each family to decide what's best for them"... he is asked about mask... he replys "it is up to each business to decides what is best for them".... he says right in his conferences every day... "these are our suggested "best practices"... it's up to each city, business, individual to decide what's best for them.

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
I am not sure if they took what I contributed to heart or not. We have never seen a final draft or finished product. Trust me though, there were health board folks advising the group. They were really the ones driving this so do not be surprised when you see the guidelines. And please do not start blaming me for the finished product.

I honestly will not know until I see it like everyone else. I do feel that the next hurdles will be opening venues back up and if OHSAA will have influence on the high school venues opening prior to June 30.

Folks this is not going to be business as usual. And may not be for most of the summer.
Thanks for the insight and heads up Mike. Thanks for representing!!

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
I thought they had said today....but there was a lot of stuff getting thrown out there....at this point hoping for tomorrow.

they said the guidelines “recommended” for us to follow would be posted later today. Well today is almost over. Lol.

I am curious to see what restrictions they will be putting on us this summer. Like Mike said it’s probably not going to be business as usual for tournaments.

OHsoftball

Reaction score
Governor said play ball so let our kids do just that! Like said, guidelines are recommended.. Don't let a few 'corona karens' take summer ball away from them too.

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are the guidelines for restaurants just "Recommended" or will they be shut down if they decide to do as they think best???