Guidelines...Enforcement Responsibilites

Cat-Man

Reaction score
If I heard correctly, Lt Gov Husted just announced that school buildings and fields can be used for practice/training. No competitions. But ultimately up to the schools/district.

SonicMojo

Reaction score
If I heard correctly, Lt Gov Husted just announced that school buildings and fields can be used for practice/training. No competitions. But ultimately up to the schools/district.

It was already like that for softball, baseball, tennis and golf. These sports can also play games/have competitions. Today's announcement was about skills training for all other school sports.

SonicMojo

Reaction score
HS softball teams can practice and/or play games every single day from 5/26-8/31, with their coaches coaching every single day.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
june 1st right still got a lil more than a week... things are starting to look good. (R E L A X) just saying. :D

OHsoftball

Reaction score
Updates from Gov Dewines press conference today for coaches and umpires... masks are now "recommended" not "required"..

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously, everyday it seems this changes. I feel sorry for Dewine and those around this, youre damned either way you go. If i was in charge, i would say hell with it, stop trying to protect people who dont want to be protected, and its on them if they get infected. Of course, then, youre putting everyone that is trying to follow safe measures they come in contact with in jeopardy, you lose either way.

M & R Davis

Reaction score
To me today’s announcement is huge. Takes care of the main thing most were worried about. Of course venues can put their own rules in place but not sure why they would at this point since have guidance from the state?

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dewine can loosen restrictions, but local gov'ts still have say so. City of Kettering kept the restrictions and said no restrooms or concessions, so my coach pitch and t ball coaching grandkids is done for 2020. Maybe in the fall...

IRdad09

Reaction score
Dewine can loosen restrictions, but local gov'ts still have say so. City of Kettering kept the restrictions and said no restrooms or concessions, so my coach pitch and t ball coaching grandkids is done for 2020. Maybe in the fall...

Agreed. Up my way in Mentor, we are one of only a few that will have parks open for Rec Ball and tournaments. Most of the surrounding organizations have had to cancel their tournaments and season due to the refusal of the local leaders to give out permits for parks.

daboss

Reaction score

The Health Commissioner in Montgomery Co. seems to be on an out-of-control power trip of sorts by taking his interpretation of the regulations completely out of context at times. He's the one that ordered the drive by parades for kids birthdays and thank you's to hospital staffs to cease because he considered them a gathering and that was against regulations. I saw this on the news after seeing the parade of cars go by one of the Dayton/Kettering area hospitals. I just shook my head and thought WTH, there's no energy crisis. These people are in their own cars for God's sake!!!!

I believe in following the rules but you got to have some common sense. That's why there can't be any "grey area" because it not only opens the door for somebody to try and go against the grain but it also leaves it open for some uncommon interpretations of the rules. I had to think real hard how to word that last sentence..............