what teams and ages have canceled already this summer ?

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
seems like a few teams have thrown in the towel laready.... :(

list your team and age group that canceled. maybe there is enough to put these same girls on a new team.

Dale Brigger

Reaction score
I would say add location too in case enough of them are close enough to get a team together and if there are possible coaches out there in that area.

daboss

Reaction score
I am not a member of the organization but aware of those affiliated with West Liberty Force.

I recently read an update regarding an upcoming tourney they host stating that the older age groups would indeed be playing as scheduled but they are dropping the younger age groups from the tourney. I can only spitball here and assume the reason is due to the other parks/facilities are no longer available for use due to the virus shutdown and the private park they use is allowing them to go ahead as planned. I did not read any contingency plan to reschedule those younger age groups.

I suggest you look for their thread on this website. They have been updating it with information regularly.

wilsey73

Reaction score
I am not a member of the organization but aware of those affiliated with West Liberty Force.

I recently read an update regarding an upcoming tourney they host stating that the older age groups would indeed be playing as scheduled but they are dropping the younger age groups from the tourney. I can only spitball here and assume the reason is due to the other parks/facilities are no longer available for use due to the virus shutdown and the private park they use is allowing them to go ahead as planned. I did not read any contingency plan to reschedule those younger age groups.

I suggest you look for their thread on this website. They have been updating it with information regularly.
That wasn't the case at all, it was cuz of the umpire shortage, not becuz of COVID 19

daboss

Reaction score
That wasn't the case at all, it was cuz of the umpire shortage, not becuz of COVID 19

Thank you for the clarity. Another major obstacle that will hinder summer play that slipped my mind.

I had heard thru the gossip line that Logan County, that area in general, were struggling with working games or not. The change in the face mask policy might help some umpires decide to call games again. We can only hope. Thanks again.

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

So the fact that they lost 2 of the 3 locations they were scheduled to play at has nothing to do with them moving the younger divisions???
So you are saying they couldn't find enough Umpires for the less than 40 teams they had scheduled for that weekend, but could find enough for the 40 teams they are hosting a couple of weeks later? Okkkaayyy

Last edited:

wilsey73

Reaction score
So the fact that they lost 2 of the 3 locations they were scheduled to play at has nothing to do with them moving the younger divisions???
So you are saying they couldn't find enough Umpires for the less than 40 teams they had scheduled for that weekend, but could find enough for the 40 teams they are hosting a couple of weeks later? Okkkaayyy
Yes after they lifted their restrictions we all came back