TheHitKing

Reaction score
Played at McCune Park in Canfield over the weekend and was curious if anyone else found the fields to be in poor shape?...grass was uncut on every diamond ..batters box was like a crater ..pitchers mound just as bad..garbage cans not emptied ....all in all a very poorly kept facility ..

jt7663

Reaction score
The Fields we played on were in Decent Condition I know 1,2,3 were Freshly Groomed Friday AM maybe they needed attention by the end of Tourney. I was glad to see a Janitorial Company present to address Covid - 19 Guidelines.

Duke3dh

Reaction score
Parking was a pain. The garbage cans were a bit ridiculous. Other than that I didn’t think it was too bad. If you thought those fields were in bad shape, don’t go to New Melle.

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
Parking was an issue...the grass could have been shorter (not horrible though) but I know they got a bunch of rain Thursday. I liked that the fields were spread out and wasn't a foul ball landmine from other fields (for people anyway). I thought it was kind of a middle of the pack facility.

IRdad09

Reaction score
Parking was an issue...the grass could have been shorter (not horrible though) but I know they got a bunch of rain Thursday. I liked that the fields were spread out and wasn't a foul ball landmine from other fields (for people anyway). I thought it was kind of a middle of the pack facility.

I guess it depends on what fields you were on I suppose. At the 10u fields the grass was long, I dont think the garbage cans were emptied all weekend. By Sunday afternoon the piles of trash next to the cans were as high as the cans themselves and it was a foul ball, home run from the older kids land mine zone. On the plus side I though the bathrooms and Port a John's were in pretty good shape. We were there early each day so for us parking was never an issue.

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
I guess it depends on what fields you were on I suppose. At the 10u fields the grass was long, I dont think the garbage cans were emptied all weekend. By Sunday afternoon the piles of trash next to the cans were as high as the cans themselves and it was a foul ball, home run from the older kids land mine zone. On the plus side I though the bathrooms and Port a John's were in pretty good shape. We were there early each day so for us parking was never an issue.
I suppose you are right. We played on Fields 1,2, 7, and 8....so I can't speak for the other fields. I did the trash overflowing on Sunday. Parking was really only an issue if you weren't playing in the first 2 time slots. Obviously Sunday wouldn't have been as bad as teams got eliminated.

TheHitKing

Reaction score
Every field we played on was not taken care of..kept seeing people ride by in carts but for whatever reason our fields were not redone prior to our games...as for the grass, I get that it rained but the outfields were dry so no excuse for the uncut grass..they made a lot of money on parking it just seems that they don’t put it back into the fields...also very poor sight lines for watching a game.....Grade:D-....

Chardon Storm

Reaction score
Played at McCune Park in Canfield over the weekend and was curious if anyone else found the fields to be in poor shape?...grass was uncut on every diamond ..batters box was like a crater ..pitchers mound just as bad..garbage cans not emptied ....all in all a very poorly kept facility ..
I was at McCune Saturday and Janowicz Park for Maple Leaf West on Sunday. McCune looked like Field of Dreams compared to the fields at Janowicz Park