Your DD break another players bat should you replace bat?

Dave Coffee

Reaction score
Your DD use's another team mate bat and the bat break. Should your DD be responsible for replacement?

Rerun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your DD use's another team mate bat and the bat break. Should your DD be responsible for replacement?

If it was my Daughter swinging a team mates bat and It broke. I’m absolutely going to offer to replace the bat. I don’t even care about the details or how it happened. It’s my daughter responsibility and her parents.

Rerun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Details would make a difference.

What kind of details would make a difference? As a parent your daughter is your responsibility cut and dry.

Softball Dad

Reaction score
The fair value of the bat should be paid. You shouldn’t expect someone to pay $400 to replace a 6 year old bat for example. If my dd used a bat and it broke I’m going to make it right.

Danno

Reaction score
If she was swinging it during an at bat and it simply broke on a hit? Horseplay? How old is the bat. There are many details that could have taken place. If I borrow your 15 year old car and it conked out a block from your house, or the brakes were in bad shape and wasn’t informed and I hit a tree. Many scenarios.

Jkb69933

Reaction score
So what if the coach has your daughter try one of his daughters bats and it breaks and u didn’t even know anything about it? Still on the hook?

daboss

Reaction score
In my world we honor those willing to share by being fair and more than fair. If you borrow a piece of equipment you return it promptly and return it in the same or better shape than you borrowed it. In the farming world, we would top off the fuel, grease and/or complete service, clean the cab/interior, pressure wash after checking with the owner on their approval. All these things are done for the appreciation and common respect we have for each other. It's why we get to borrow again. It's why we offer our own to them in a time of need. If the equipment breaks, we repair it. If we destroy the equipment, we replace it.

If you can't afford to own it, don't borrow it.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My first reaction would be why are you using some ones bat when ive bought like 3 400 dollar bats thats in your bag? I would definitely replace it for the team mate...
Amen brother