Status
Not open for further replies.

Bretapps

Reaction score
McKenzi, as a mom of a young 16 year old athlete who absolutely loves the game and has the heart for softball such as yourself, YOU my dear, are so much better than these claimed adults. YOU are and have learned so much more than the sport. You have every right to stand up for yourself and you have done it well. You are already on the high road less taken over the adults in question and that makes your self-worth way more valuable than what their actions have displayed. My heart hurts for the daughter, in what she is learning from her own mother, along with your prior coach whose wife has now displayed major disrespect as a coaches wife from what I see as a very respectful organization.

We all know, the travel world (and sports in general) can be vicious, cut throat and down right ugly beyond the athletic ability and skill set to which you all are there to learn and grow on. My daughter has experienced something a bit similar on an emotional level. We have a great parent who majority of the girls on the team love and respect. He started to help out our main head coach. He is upbeat, a second voice and the girls enjoy hearing his voice out there. He is opposite of head coach, who is somewhat reserved. A great coach, but that one 'loud' and upbeat voice just adds that much more of a difference that drives them even more. It really is a great coaching pair. However, the actual parent coach who has been assisting from day 1, decided one day to make reference that this other dad/coach 'touched' my daughter inappropriately. That 'inappropriate touch' was him putting his hands on her shoulders giving her a pep talk as he totally knows she needs it. I see every single coach give some sort of emotional connection by way of a hug, an arm around the shoulder for a personal pep talk, a congratulations or what ever. Never viewed a single gesture from any single coach out of 100's of teams as inappropriate. If anything, I always saw respectful and emotional coaching. Of course, I've never been around parents who would think it's appropriate to take a picture of a girl on the field only to make derogatory comments either, and those whom they shared it with, to be so shallow to pass it on.

Softball is an emotional sport and most coaches take this on for the love of the game and girls they coach become like family. We all become family and that is the way it should be. Parents, owe respect to each girl whether it's from prior teams or current, and like wise the girls to parents and coaches. I have never seen a coach in the 5 years we have been in travel, ever display inappropriate gestures or 'touching' to any girl. Since it has never been personally addressed to my daughter or us as the parents, I can only conclude it was agenda based to get him off the field and out of the dugout.

My whole point to this story..... you and my daughter, are learning life truths, life lessons beyond the game. You are learning to be better adults than what is being displayed by those adults around you. Does it make it easier? No. Make the mental or emotional pain less? No. But DO NOT hang your head nor feel less than. Don't let their small mindedness crush your spirit. You clearly have a higher road ahead of you. These lessons will take you and my daughter farther than any of these adults who have chosen to throw stones for what appears to be personal satisfaction. God Bless you, your family and your team! Go play with your head held high young lady!

Very well said. I could not agree with you more! I wish your daughter all the best in the future and both girls will be stronger for these incidents. It’s a very touching post thanks again for commenting.

Go Bucks!

Reaction score
View attachment 4835 This weekend at the 18U state tournament in Canton Ohio the unthinkable happened...My daughter who plays for the Ohio Firecrackers was playing third base in a game against the lasers gold when a parent from cincy doom who was playing on the adjacent field body shamed her in group text message to several other parents. This women happened to be one of my daughters old coaches wife???What 40 year old women watching a softball game from a different team creeps on a 17 year old child playing softball takes a pic of her and says “high pants playing third base” making fun of her body image?? and belittles her in a group text?!?!!?? Oh, I know what women does this: HEATHER ALLPHINE An old coaches wife from a team my daughter use to play for STOP BULLYING!! please pass along post!!

#heatherallphineneedsbannedfromyouthorganizedsports.

Stay classy cincy doom organization

I would like to start by stating how sorry I am this happened to your daughter - still a kid. I also would like to state there are many wonderful families in the Doom organization we call our friends. I’m not here to judge or degrade the club in any form only to state our experience with Heather.

Our daughter left the club several years ago. Before the decision was made to leave, I initiated email communication with the two coaches at that time (Mike Libecap and Wes Allphin.) Assuming the emails would be kept confidential, I expressed concerns we had as parents in regards to our daughter as a member of the team. Somehow the email was retrieved by the Assistant Coach’s wife & also Official Scorekeeper/Team Mom (Heather Allphin) who then took it upon herself to share with several parents on the team at that time. Again, I’m not here to bash Doom or members of the club. Just stating facts of how our daughter was treated by an adult/coach’s wife/team mom. As a parent, it was tough knowing our personal information concerning our daughter was shared with our friends & my daughters teammates. Life is full of adversity. People can be cruel. As parents, it’s our job to keep the lines of communication open and express to our children this treatment is not okay but that life goes on. Consider the source from which the attacks have been made and rise above! It will certainly make our children better and stronger in the long run. Best wishes to you and your daughter!!

swohio

Reaction score
I would like to start by stating how sorry I am this happened to your daughter - still a kid. I also would like to state there are many wonderful families in the Doom organization we call our friends. I’m not here to judge or degrade the club in any form only to state our experience with Heather.

Our daughter left the club several years ago. Before the decision was made to leave, I initiated email communication with the two coaches at that time (Mike Libecap and Wes Allphin.) Assuming the emails would be kept confidential, I expressed concerns we had as parents in regards to our daughter as a member of the team. Somehow the email was retrieved by the Assistant Coach’s wife & also Official Scorekeeper/Team Mom (Heather Allphin) who then took it upon herself to share with several parents on the team at that time. Again, I’m not here to bash Doom or members of the club. Just stating facts of how our daughter was treated by an adult/coach’s wife/team mom. As a parent, it was tough knowing our personal information concerning our daughter was shared with our friends & my daughters teammates. Life is full of adversity. People can be cruel. As parents, it’s our job to keep the lines of communication open and express to our children this treatment is not okay but that life goes on. Consider the source from which the attacks have been made and rise above! It will certainly make our children better and stronger in the long run. Best wishes to you and your daughter!!
The only way this will look good on the Doom org. is to remove the family. The sooner you cut the cancer away, the sooner things will get back to normal. Everyone that knows “this woman” on a personal level, knows how selfish and manipulative she is. I have personally heard her bash several kids in an attempt to make her own kid look better. At the very minimum keep her away from your team. She brings nothing but animosity to the table.

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only way this will look good on the Doom org. is to remove the family. The sooner you cut the cancer away, the sooner things will get back to normal. Everyone that knows “this woman” on a personal level, knows how selfish and manipulative she is. I have personally heard her bash several kids in an attempt to make her own kid look better. At the very minimum keep her away from your team. She brings nothing but animosity to the table.
pitchforks.gif

Bretapps

Reaction score

I am truly sorry your daughter and your family had to endure the Heather Allphine treatment... Justice needs to be served and WILL BE SERVED!!! The reality is, unfortunately, “go bucks” but your daughter and my daughter and are families are only a couple that have publicly called her out... I encourage all players and or parents come forward and share your stories about the cancer of the doom org!!!I can guarantee so many more young women have been bullied, belittled and shamed behind closed doors from this witch and her deciples- God bless and we will fight for justice until justice is served!!!!

Last edited:

Bretapps

Reaction score
Well said!!!

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
It happens,
My DD as a HS freshman had a parent that hated the fact that she took his DDs position in 2010. He lobbied the HS coach to put her somewhere else because she was fat and slow in his opinion ...
I talked to him one time and realized he was a jackass...She had 1000 fielding % and batted .333 in the first 7 games of the 2010 season. However he had others support him including upper class parents and she was put back down to JV to "pitch".. She was hurt but I told her let them play and you make the best of it and she did. Crushing it her freshman year at JV winning 12 games and hitting over 400. In the the travel circuit she was well respected by many organizations and coaches. Her Sophomore year was the senior year of the player who's parent had issues with her. After tryouts she was placed on JV again and came to me and said dad, do I need to play JV? I said no you don't so she played a year of varsity LX and did well. We both had parents from softball asking to come back in 2012 after another down year. The HC was let go and a new coach came in with a vision of winning. This coach came to our house the summer of 2011 and convinced her to play. To make a long story short, DD lead her team to the OH D1 Sweet 16 her JR/SR seasons, 1st team GMC and all star senior year.
She ended up being a two sport athlete in college. She gave back to the sport coaching at the HS level at JV and Varsity today... So NEVER let someone talk down to your DD. She can do anything she strives to do with your support!

Last edited:

Bretapps

Reaction score
It happens,
My DD as a HS freshman had a parent that hated the fact that she took his DDs position in 2010. He lobbied the HS coach to put her somewhere else because she was fat and slow in his opinion ...
I talked to him one time and realized he was a jackass...She had 1000 fielding % and batted .333 in the first 7 games of the 2010 season. However he had others support him including upper class parents and she was put back down to JV to "pitch".. She was hurt but I told her let them play and you make the best of it and she did. Crushing it her freshman year at JV winning 12 games and hitting over 400. In the the travel circuit she was well respected by many organizations and coaches. Her Sophomore year was the senior year of the player who's parent had issues with her. After tryouts she was placed on JV again and came to me and said dad, do I need to play JV? I said no you don't so she played a year of varsity LX and did well. We both had parents from softball asking to come back in 2012 after another down year. The HC was let go and a new coach came in with a vision of winning. This coach came to our house the summer of 2011 and convinced her to play. To make a long story short, DD lead her team to the OH D1 Sweet 16 her JR/SR seasons, 1st team GMC and all star senior year.
She ended up being a two sport athlete in college. She gave back to the sport coaching at the HS level at JV and Varsity today... So NEVER let someone talk down to your DD. She can do anything she strives to do with your support!
I have to say, that post that you put was very inspirational to my daughter. It leads me to believe that these young women can continue to grow the sport and be mentors for future generations of great softball players and to hear your daughter overcome the adversity gives my daughter the courage and commitment to overcome hers. Thank you for posting your story. My daughter and I have shed a tear for you...

jpkeating

Reaction score
It happens,
And people wonder why some very good athletes don’t even bother to play high school sports.
Most of the time they would get more out of working on there game themselves.

swohio

Reaction score
To make matters worse, I saw this “woman” in Westfield, IN with Doom Saturday, and her husband was still coaching the team. I personally would be mortified to show my face after such a blatant attempt for a laugh at the expense of bashing a child’s appearance.

Last edited:

Cougerfan

Reaction score
A lot of parents have gone out of their way to say that the doom is such a great organization and they won't stand it. However, their has not been one response to this thread from anyone in authority. The Coaches should have apologized at the very least. But nothing just crickets.
I've read about the lady who posted it and sent it out to other parents. This good organization put a stop to it and inform Gregory who issue an apology immediately. Lol, no they didn't this great organization took the post and past it around. Know one told the doom leader about this happening. But, I guess it wouldn't have mattered because he has said or done anything.
How can anyone say the Doom is a good organization. No one from this organization has said anything about this woman. No one has said anything about the 4 families that passed it along. Clearly they thought picking on a kid was ok At the least they have the same mindset and got a good laught out of it. If this is the mindset of the parents and the silence from the organization should show everyone that this is not a good organization or ethical one. One last thought this incident should be turned over to the police so it can be investigated for cyber bullying.

Doom Leader

Reaction score
Not so sure why I need to get on her and apologize to any of you haters. I have personally apologized to the parent and the player. I have handled this with the parent that was involved. I feel very sad and angry that this happened to a player. The Doom has ran a clean and proud organization since 2004, we have coached thousands of girls and put hundreds of girls in college and hopefully prepared them for life outside of softball. The Doom will continue to strive for excellence and give 100% to every athlete we have and some that we don’t have, ya we have helped lots of players that we don’t coach in our organization. I apologize if anyone has had a bad experience with us but that’s life , no one can make everyone happy, all we can do is try.
To you cougarfan it’s Coach Gregory!

Tim Gregory
Cincy Doom
513-582-0542

Feel free to call me and we can talk instead of hiding behind your computer and screen name!

Coach03

Reaction score
I hate screen names, because people do not own their comments. GOBUCKS / Shari Carnahan and Aaron Carnahan. I reached out to Brett and extended an apology even though I had "0" to do with it. I reached out to the organization immediately after I found out. I asked for permission to talk with McKenzi. I was told she wanted to text me her feelings. I respected and responded to an apologize to her as well. So far for anyone who calls for me to not be able to coach. I am glad, I finally found the people who never made any type of mistake in their entire life As for the email that was shared the year I coached with Mike. The email was only shared due to previous year Aaron Carnahan being a coach and Shari being one of scorekeepers. Shari, as you emailed, I pleaded to talk things out before you decided to leave. We all truly liked this family and kid. Actually, the parents in the above email were asked to call and discuss. They refused and announced they were leaving. So in full disclosure to the team we announced they had left, tried to explain but parents were stating they were removed "untrue" I still have the emails. For the record, I self imposed missing Thursday of last weekends tournament even though once again, I was not involved. Heather was not involved in any DOOM activity this weekend. She was there only as a parent Friday and Saturday. She sat in the outfield "beyond the field." She never sat near the parents or was around the team. SO ONCE AGAIN, I NOR MY CHILD HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS. PEOPLE WHO WANT TO NAME OR BASH MY CHILD OR DIRECT ANY COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD OR INSINUATIONS SHOULD OWN THEM AS WELL.

COUGARFAN APPARENTLY YOU SCANED AND DIDNT READ. BRETT SAID EARLIER IN THE THREAD I (Wes Allphin) AND MY DAUGHTER REACHED OUT TO APOLOGIZED. UNFORTUNEATLEY THIS WAS DONE VIA TEXT. AFTER ASKING FOR PERMISSION TO CALL MCKENZIE SHE ASKED FOR IT TO BE DONE VIA TEXT. HEATHER WAS ONLY ABLE TO APOLOGIZE VIA THIS FORUM. MCKENZIE SAID SHE DID NOT WANT A PHONE CALL OR TEXT FROM HER. SHE ONLY WANTED TO SPEAK ABOUT IT IN PERSON. I MAKE IT A RULE NOT TO REACH OUT TO PLAYERS WITH OUT THAT PLAYERS PARENTS PERMISSION. I HAVE KNOWN BRETT SINCE THE SUMMER OF 2016. AS I HAVE BEEN A TRAVEL BALL COACH THE PAST 11 YEARS, I HAVE TRIED MY BEST TO HELP EVERY KID INVOLVED. I APOLOGIZE IF ANYONE HAS EVER HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE. I HAVE DONE MY BEST TO LEAD THE GIRLS. I VOLUNTEER AT CAMPS AND OTHER THINGS TO HELP THESE LADIES TO BECOME BETTER PLAYERS AND PEOPLE.

THANK YOU IF ANYONE HAS HAD BAD EXPERIENCE AND WOULD LIKE TO CALL ME TO DISCUSS. I FEEL THESE TYPES OF SITUATIONS SHOULD BE HANDLED PERSONALLY AND NOT IN SOCIAL MEDIA. THIS IS THE REASON I HAVE NOT RESPONDED UNTIL NOW.
Wes Allphin
531-317-4104

Last edited:

Bretapps

Reaction score
Not so sure why I need to get on her and apologize to any of you haters. I have personally apologized to the parent and the player. I have handled this with the parent that was involved. I feel very sad and angry that this happened to a player. The Doom has ran a clean and proud organization since 2004, we have coached thousands of girls and put hundreds of girls in college and hopefully prepared them for life outside of softball. The Doom will continue to strive for excellence and give 100% to every athlete we have and some that we don’t have, ya we have helped lots of players that we don’t coach in our organization. I apologize if anyone has had a bad experience with us but that’s life , no one can make everyone happy, all we can do is try.

Tim Gregory
Cincy Doom
513-582-0542

Feel free to call me and we can talk instead of hiding behind your computer and screen name!

So Tim, if this was your daughter being made fun of and being bullied and body shamed publicly And being passed around to multiple parents to make jokes of what would you do?? But not only did you not do anything to Heather Allphine She was at the Midwest fire cracker one week later as a parent? So I guess You’ve left me no choice but to pursue this matter further. I was hoping at least as a president of the doom organization you would’ve given her some sort of consequence for her egregious actions.

Last edited:

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I FEEL THESE TYPES OF SITUATIONS SHOULD BE HANDLED PERSONALLY AND NOT IN SOCIAL MEDIA. THIS IS THE REASON I HAVE NOT RESPONDED UNTIL NOW.
Wes Allphin
531-317-4104

i agree and this is why i originally took it down, BUT i guess there is substance to it and it should be put out there if a parent is in fact bullying a kid.
so........... its Live again.

so much hate in the world right now -- Can't we all just get along? :(

Reaction score

Tim Gregory
Cincy Doom
513-582-0542

These are not your haters. These people are simply posting their opinions about the whole situation. and you weren’t forced to make a post on here as you said you already apologized to me and my father so what was the reason for you to even do it? “I apologize if anyone has had a bad experience with us but that’s life.” That one, really stuck with me. You’re saying shitty things happen to people all the time but there’s nothing we can do about it. But that’s so wrong on so many levels. There a solution for every problem. And especially for this It’s simple. Cut off the toxicity that’s within your team. That obviously won’t stop all the bad experiences girls and boys deal with but it’ll stop the one that’s happening right now. What has happened to me still has no effect on anybody in that organization. The fact that Heather was still able to show up to the Indiana tournament disgusts me. and what makes it even worse is the fact that she never reached out knowing I was there and after I said I wanted to meet with her face-to-face. it makes me think that she thinks she can still get away with her actions The fact that she is still able to be a part of that organization let alone allowed on another field is bizarre to me. You're the head coach and you have the most power. there has been no change on your part to disbane Heather which makes me think you’ve never respected me as a player let alone as a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.