10U Coaches Poll Week #8 (7-20-20) Get Your Votes In!!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
10U Coaches,

Submit your top 10 to me by Wednesday night 11pm. Remember to include your name and team you are representing. You must be a coach or designated representative of your team in order to vote.
Must include teams #1-10 in your vote.

I will post results around Noon on Thursday.

You can PM me or email me at my EMAIL ADDRESS : jeffreylsteiner@gmail.com

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
Beverly Bandits DeMarini 09
Coaches: Matt Bailey & Dale Carr

-Past Weekend-
7-1 RUNNER-UP FINISH in 10U Emeralds Showdown
With California being cancelled, our season comes to an end. We knew coming into the tournament it was going to be tough one, as we were at 9 players with missing a few key pieces with one of our aces out, our top averaging hitter out, and our #3 pitcher out on Saturday who has an high OBP. Take that out on any team and you are hurting. We still felt we had a shot to go get it as we always do. Unfortunately, we ended up losing in the Championship to a PA Outlaw Frengel team that we had seen a few short weeks ago and won two games against. But I will say that looked quite different in player personnel than our last two meetings with them, but nonetheless we feel that we can compete with anyone anytime. Great year besides the whole covid stuff, some great experience at the 12U level which we got 22 games in. Undefeated at the 10U level (18-0-1) vs all of Ohio!!! I said it before, this 09 class has a ton of talent which hasn't been seen since the 05 class I really believe. It'll be fun to see how everyone does going into 12U and I can't wait!! Thank you Steiner for doing the polls from year to year, this is my 6th year participating in them at the 10U level. It'll be sad to leave this age group with my youngest now exiting. I love the passion and the learning and improvement that goes on with this age. Parents will always be the same and thats a funny part also that I will miss, but thanks to all that put so much into the game!!

This years RECORD - 62-18-3
10U Record 49-9-1

-Losses- (Record vs them)
Indiana Magic Gold Webb LOST TWICE (2-2)
Indiana Gators (2-1)
Bluegrass Force (1-1)
Chicago Batbusters (0-1)
Texas Impact Gold (0-1)
Birmingham Thunderbolts (0-1)
TX Diamond Sports Hotshots (1-1)
Outlaws PA Frengel (2-1)

12U Record - 13-9-2

18-0-1 Results vs Top Teams in Ohio
Ohio Outlaws Johnson = W5-1, W12-1**, W5-4
Ohio Ice Purple Trbovich = Win 9-6**
Thunder Elite Plant = Tie 1-1** took 2-1 lead in 4th but revert back...still a tie
Ohio Stingrays Dennis = W 6-2**
Ohio Wolfpack Fogle = W 5-0**
Ohio Monsters Piavarchy = never played
Ohio Emeralds Williamson = W10-1, W14-1**, W 13-0**
Ohio Phantoms Berry = never played
Akron Racers Almond = never played
USSSA Pride Red Barnett = W 14-0, W 17-0**
Ohio Outlaws Homan = W 8-0**
Ohio Lasers Blue Binkley = W10-1, W11-0
Ohio Wicked Clapper = never played
Ohio Storm West = never played
Ohio Storm Bell = never played
LC Lightening Chevalier = W 15-0
SGS Magic Hall = W 10-1**
Ohio Stingrays Stonerock = never played
KL Athletics Ledbetter = W 20-1
Wizards Smith = never played
Cincy Doom Reynolds = W 12-0 **
** Tournament Wins

Last edited:

bucksmom40

Reaction score
OHIO MONSTERS

We played in the Emeralds Showdown last weekend where we played and watched some great teams. We lost in the semifinals 2-1 to eventual champion Outlaws PA Frengal. We were up 1-0 and lost the lead in the final inning. But, nonetheless the girls played great this weekend, bats were hitting and pitching was on point. We wrap up the season in Indiana this week for the NSA World Series.

Last weekend-
Monsters 6 Cobras Tomco 0
Monsters 7 Wolfpack #3 8
Monsters 3 Ohio Emeralds #10 2
Monsters 3 USSSA Pride #9 2
Monsters 3 Phantoms #14 2
Monsters 10 USSSA Pride #9 0
Monsters 1 PA Outlaws Frengel 2

Wolfpack31

Reaction score
Wolfpack 09 went 5-1 this past weekend at the Emeralds Showdown in Canton, Ohio...

Pool Play
Wolfpack 8 - Emeralds 09 0
Wolfpack 8 - Monsters 7
Wolfpack 18 - Cobra's Tomco 1
Wolfpack 5 - Stingrays 09 4
Elimination
Wolfpack 5 - Thunder Elite 0
Wolfpack 3 - Finesse Davis 5

Team is heading to the Celine Wyatt Memorial tournament in Dublin this weekend and then off to Berliner for the World Series the following weekend which will conclude our season.

Anjellica Almond

Reaction score
Akron Racers 09
Head Coach - Anjellica Almond

Racers 09 Almond played in the Showdown In Steeltown in Pittsburgh last weekend against some of the top teams in the Pittburgh area. After outscoring our opponents 56-6 leading up to the championship game, we fell short against a very talented River City Venom team 6-0 in the championship game after sitting in the 100 degree heat for 4 hours between games.

Pool Play
Racers 10 Pittsburgh Spirit 0
Racers 10 Pa Renegades 0
Racers 9 Pa Elite 4
Racers 11 West Hills 1

Bracket Play
Racers 16 Pa Renegades 1
Racers 0 River City Venom 6

We have 4 runner-up and 2 semifinal finishes in our 8 tournaments entered since last fall. Our last 3 weeks, we have played well against some of the best teams OH and PA has to offer including competitive losses to #5 Thunder Elite (5-4 in semis), #7 Monsters (4-2 in bracket play), and #4 Ice Purple (5-1 in pool play).

This weekend we will be playing in Y-Town Mayhem against a competitive 15 team field including #5 Thunder Elite, next weekend we will be in The Stan Maley Tournament in Canfield and we will be finishing our season at the T-Town Show down. Good luck to all the teams playing this weekend!

Last edited:

Magicsgs

Reaction score
SGS Magic Hall continues to overcome bad coaching winning the 12u division of the LB Eagle Classic, beating a four city all star team in the finals 9-7....only team we’ve lost to is finesse Davis and we beat them last tournament.